Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #106
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Best: Plant/Page, Faith Hill & Tim McGraw, Metallica (in my younger days )

Worst: Alan Jackson LeeAnn Rimes opened for him in her very young "Blue" days, and her performance blew his away by far. He talked a lot and sang very little. A lot of money wasted on that concert.

Saw Robert plant sitting on a wall outside a library once!

I used to go to loads of concerts,very hard to choose an ultimate best one.
Maybe Justin Timberlake purely for the sake ds wanted to come,we had not bought a ticket for him- so dh had to stay in the hotel- ds was not very verbal (said 3 words at age 3) and danced and sung at the concert.me and dd s all cried.
On a more musical level,I was big into 80s music-loved u2,big country,depeche mode,the cure and inxs were amazing.M h was pure sex.
I really liked the smiths also,but no so keen on Morrissey as a person!

In more recent years,enjoyed Kylie,spice girls and Gavin de graw.
Going to see the heavy next month.

Worst ever is easy-sigue sigue sputnick. Absolutely terrible.
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #107
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme View Post
Best: Michael Jackson and his brothers (Motown 25), Row 3

Dang...lucky you!
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #108
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post
HEY! I wasn't expecting to hear that on these boards! I've seen them twice. Both times from the safety of the balcony. Watched my son crowd-surf from up there. He would land on the stage, get kicked off the stage, then do it again. That was a great show!

We saw them at Buzzfest where they have a lot of bands playing. I did like a couple of their songs but it's not a band I would have gone to see alone. Until that concert. lol Now I would definitely go see them as a headliner. They were a lot of fun, lots of energy and they sounded great.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #109
UNIVERSAL NUT
Earning My Ears

Best: ACDC without a doubt. Angus did not stop all night. Also Linkin Park was very good. .38 Special was also really good.

Worst: Seen Charlie Daniels it was not good.
UNIVERSAL NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM   #110
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Worst: Cher (she had a double who looked exactly like her, showed movies on a screen from the Sonny & Cher days: very little actual singing)

Runner up for worst: REO Speedwagon - horrible. They were playing with Pat Benatar, who was amazing. Wish the whole show had been her. The drummer from Fleetwood Mac was also there, we walked out during his "solo"

Best: Tina Turner, Toby Keith, Sugarland, Southside Johnny, Chicago, Heart, Steve Nicks

...........................bored much?
snapppyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #111
SkyGirl
Survivor

Location: Steeler Nation, in my heart. Ft. Lauderdale, in real life

BEST: 20 years of seeing Pearl Jam and seeing Springsteen since the early 80s Amazing shows every time

WORST: Black Sabbath, I got a contact high (seriously lol) and passed out standing in the third row

EVER WORSE: Backstreet Boys with my little girl (over and over and over again) as she grew up and they just kept getting worse. Now she loves my bands so all is well!

SkyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #112
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Worst were opening acts for shows.

The Unband (opened for, I think, Def Leppard or Bon Jovi)

Lady Gaga (opened for New kids on the Block before she hit it big) nothing but a big, awful sex-fest. I looked at another lady in the audience and went, "what the HELL was THAT?!?!?! )
Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #113
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIVERSAL NUT View Post

Worst: Seen Charlie Daniels it was not good.
That's too bad - they were awesome when I saw them at a county fair over 25 years ago.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #114
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
There seems to be no middle ground for DMB. People either love him or hate him, nothing in between. ]
I completely agree. One of my friends LOVES DMB and has seen countless concerts, but you will never see me join her at one. Cannot get into DMB. Not my taste.

Believe it or not, Britney Spears was one of my favorite concerts! I mean, not the singing. But the show itself is such a spectacular performance. It was really cool. We had front row seats at MSG and only paid $10, so maybe that's why I liked it so much. It was her circus tour, and it was super fun and exciting. Really cool.

My favorite band (anyone from NJ, NY area may be familiar) is the band Bouncing Souls. I've seen their concerts several times and their shows are crazy fun. Mosh pit, crowd surfing/diving/throwing Really good music (for those that like that type of music) every band member brings it! Every concert has been better than the last. And they aren't super popular, so they play smaller venues which is nice for me!

I've also seen guster three times, but the last time I saw them I was less than impressed. Change it up a little!! If you're not going to change your concerts, I'm not going to pay money to see the same thing over and over.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #115
Brownsfan317
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGirl View Post
Worst: Peter Frampton (two years ago, uggggggg), CCR, Melissa Etheridge (turned out to be a lesbian lovefest and I'm hetero lol), and so many others that I just went for the concert scene, not the music, at a place close by with the absolute worst acoustics but best 1977-1984 tailgaiting
LOL I brought my boyfriend to a Melissa Etheridge concert shortly after we met. I think he was the only guy there! We still had a good time (or maybe I was the only one having a good time )

I just saw Matchbox Twenty last Sunday night. I really enjoyed the concert. They really enjoy what they do. They played for 2 1/2 hours. Phillip Phillips opened for them. I did not watch American Idol but I knew who he was. I had thought about skipping that part but ended up watching Phillip Phillips. I actually was impressed and really enjoyed his performance. My friend even went out and downloaded his album.

I saw Billy Joel back in the 90s. It was fantastic. I wish I had been able to see him and Elton John together!

Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club June 2013
Port Orleans Riverside January 2013
All Star Sports/AKL September/October 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter July 2009
Old Key West November 2006

Multiple trips starting in 1986-stayed off site at "Irene's Steakhouse" aka Best Grandparents in the World's Home!
Brownsfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #116
dizcrazee
DIS Veteran

Best: I've seen a lot of fantastic concerts, but I have to say that the best was Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame, in case you don't know who he is) performing The Wall in 2012. The stage production and effects were amazing, and when combined with the incredible music - it all added up to an unforgettable experience.

Worst: Kansas (remember Dust in the Wind?) in 1979, but not because of the band. It was because a drunk girl standing behind me threw up in my hair...a lot of throw-up, and a lot of long, long hair. I had to rinse it out in the disgusting coliseum bathroom and go home.

Sorry about the gross image, everyone.

Me DH DD:
dizcrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #117
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcrazee View Post
Best: I've seen a lot of fantastic concerts, but I have to say that the best was Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd fame, in case you don't know who he is) performing The Wall in 2012. The stage production and effects were amazing, and when combined with the incredible music - it all added up to an unforgettable experience.

Agreed! One of the best concerts I've seen!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #118
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Best - U2
Worst - Dave Matthews Band, Counting Crows

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #119
1novascotian
Mouseketeer

Best: Paul McCartney, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Our Lady Peace

Worst: Weird Al. Not because of him, he was great! But I had won 4 front row centre tickets and 4 backstage passes. I went out to dinner before the concert and got food poisoning. I spent most of the concert running to the bathroom. Ended up leaving early and giving the backstage passes away

February 1998- First Trip to Disney!
May/June 2008
May 2011- Offsite- Windsor Hills
1novascotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #120
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Lots of "bests". Paul McCartney at Citi Field. The Stones at Shea. Bon Jovi at the Meadowlands.

Worst? My dd's really liked Jesse McCartney. I endured him.
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: