Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #91
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

I've not had a bad concert. Now a couple, I blame the venue. Saw Modest Mouse in a club. Hot as hades and ruined a great show by them.

Sixth row for Trans-Siberian Orchestra wasn't as great as one would think.... We prefer the side seats where we can see all the laser show.

Best, hands down, was U2's 360 tour. Although access to the venue was a major PITA as there was only one or two ways in and traffic was hell.

Loved Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Bob Seger, Tina Turner, Aerosmith, Tears for Fears, Daughtry.

Worst was REO Speedwagon. Hot outdoor concert. Crowd was a bunch of drunken redneck turds (concert was part of nascar speed week in downtown Charlotte). Most of us escaped into an open office building where there was AIR CONDITIONING AND NO RETARDED DRUNK REDNECKS CROWDING US.

Would've liked New Kids on the Block (reunion tour) had it not been for loud screaming WOMEN which hurt my ears. Group was great tho.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #92
BriarfoxinWA
DIS Veteran

Haven't seen a really bad concert yet...

The good ones: George Strait - saw him early on in his career and then on tour with Reba McIntire. Very good concert. We want to see him again too before he retires.

Cher - in Las Vegas if that counts. She did a great show but DH was not happy that she spent so much time changing clothes...

Toby Keith with Eric Church - was a pretty good show.

How could I almost forget Alabama - I saw them at a county fair back in the early '80's when they toured with in the blue Winnebago. Great Concert!

Saw Chubby Checker - just for the heck of it. He actually did a great show and he is in his early 70's. The guy can still twist like you wouldn't believe.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #93
stargazer2892
Mouseketeer

Crewfest 2009-Best AND worst in one show! Godsmack was amazing, they fed off the crowd who loved them, they looked like they where honestly enjoying them selves up there and soaking every minute in.

However Motley Crew where horrible, he forgot words to the songs and when he did remember them they where out of tune. Probably half the arena left before the first half of his set was over. He looked like he was just up there because he HAD to and just going through the motions, poorly going through the motions.

Though Flogging Molly puts on a pretty darn good show consistently since they have family in the area.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #94
Styx Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
So I'm curious, do you prefer Gowan over Dennis Deyoung?
After 13 years of Gowan on the keys, I can't really imagine what it would be like to have Dennis back there. I have seen Dennis a couple of times solo since the break-up and enjoyed the shows. I think at this point Gowan fits in better with the band. When they last played with Dennis in 1997, he fit in better. So to answer your question, today in 2013, I prefer Gowan.

But honestly, it was actually all about Glen Miss him more than Dennis any day :-)

And Tommy rocks my world...if he were to leave, I doubt I would go again....unless Glen replaced him again, of course.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #95
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx Fan View Post
After 13 years of Gowan on the keys, I can't really imagine what it would be like to have Dennis back there. I have seen Dennis a couple of times solo since the break-up and enjoyed the shows. I think at this point Gowan fits in better with the band. When they last played with Dennis in 1997, he fit in better. So to answer your question, today in 2013, I prefer Gowan.

But honestly, it was actually all about Glen Miss him more than Dennis any day :-)

And Tommy rocks my world...if he were to leave, I doubt I would go again....unless Glen replaced him again, of course.

Gowan sure has the pipes! I missed Dennis Deyoung, but I do think Gowan was a good replacement.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #96
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, this is a tough one! But I'd probably go with;

Best - Tool and Pearl Jam

Mentions to - Green Day, Deftones, Incubus and A Perfect Circle

Worst - The Smashing Pumpkins during their 'farewell' tour about 10 years ago, they went for maximum money and did a HUGE venue which was half filled and really didn't suit them, was most disappointing!

Other than that every concert I have been to has been pretty good and I have been to one or two concerts in my time

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #97
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthKTrava View Post
Best, hands down, was U2's 360 tour.
Where did you see them? We saw the 360 show in Foxboro, MA. I was in a state of nirvana. Wish they would tour even when they haven't released new music, but they've never done that except a festival or 2. My first U2 concert was for the Joshua Tree and I got choked up seeing Bono walk on stage. Yah, I'm a mega fan!
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #98
gjl
Mouseketeer

The best one I've attended was the Woodstock in 1995- great shows by Green Day, Chili Peppers, Bob Dylan, Melissa Ethridge, Cypress Hill, etc.

Also, Jack Johnson on Oahu was a great show.

Worst: Some combo show with Chaka Kanh (sp?) Doobie Brothers, Denise Williams etc in 2003. Doobie Brother's weren't bad, but all the acts leading up to them were horrible!
gjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #99
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabeking View Post
Holy Smokes...I am a huge South Side Johnny fan! I live in NC and never saw him but somehow my brother got me hooked. Is he still around ( and his Asbury Jukes)
Yes! saw him the past two years in New Jersey, just got tickets to see him in CT this summer! Still very popular!
Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #100
DarthKTrava
Carolina Panthers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
Where did you see them? We saw the 360 show in Foxboro, MA. I was in a state of nirvana. Wish they would tour even when they haven't released new music, but they've never done that except a festival or 2. My first U2 concert was for the Joshua Tree and I got choked up seeing Bono walk on stage. Yah, I'm a mega fan!
Raleigh, NC at Carter Finley Stadium (part of NC State University).
Old 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #101
famousmockingbird
Mouseketeer

Oooh! My favorite subject! My husband and I try to see as many shows as we can.
Best - PHISH- my boys from Vermont bring it every single time. Summer tour is my favorite time of the year (next to my annual Disney trip). My new favorite band is Umphrey's Mcgee. We saw them in Nashville last September and it was AMAZING.
Worst - Prince. This was back in his "Symbol" phase. It just plain sucked.
famousmockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #102
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

I'm not a big concert fan. I don't like everyone standing up and screaming. I just want to sit and listen to the singer I paid to hear! I took DS to Taylor Swift last year and it probably would have been good except for all the screaming teenagers!

The best I ever saw was Bette Midler! Not only do I love her music anyway but everyone stayed seated and listened quietly, no screaming! She was a lot of fun too, lots of jokes and stories. She puts on quite a show

I don't have a worst, but the most embarrassing would have to be when I was in 7th grade and saw New Kids On The Block

I would love to see Barry Manilow someday!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #103
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

I've been to so many good concerts. Some of my favorites have been:

TOOL--awesome everytime we've seen them! I've gotten to hear almost all of my favorite songs live, except The Grudge. Still hoping to hear that one live one day.

Devo--saw them a few times in the 80's. Still to this date one of the best shows I've seen.

Rob Zombie--So good! The only downside for me is John 5 waving at the crowd to scream during the whole show. He's done it both shows I've been to.

INXS--saw them at the University of Houston in the 80's and it was so good!The small venue made it even better. Saw them again in a much larger venue years later, still a great concert though.

Marilyn Manson--I've seen him several times and have loved almost every show. His last show on the Twins of Evil tour wasn't as good as usual.

Some bands I've liked so much more after seeing them live:

Cage the Elephant and Papa Roach

Hands down the worst concert I've been to was back in the 80's. Went to see the Plasmatics with my boyfriend and it was awful. So bad we left during it.

Also bad was the opening band at a Marilyn Manson concert, The Hours. Horrible, horrible show.

Also not the worst concert but not that great was the Beastie Boys back in the 80's. The opened for Madonna and weren't very good. Lots of booing from the crowd.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #104
PatsGirl
Kids will write the darndest things
I'm a fan of the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees
I can't believe my parents lived through my shenanigans

Best: Paul McCartney @ Fenway Park, Elton John and Billy Joel at Foxboro, David Bowie, Dixie Chicks, Rod Stewart, Britney (Circus Tour with my preteen), and Aerosmith a bazillion times including their most recent free concert in Allston. Also saw J.Geils a couple bazillion times

Worst: Peter Frampton (two years ago, uggggggg), CCR, Melissa Etheridge (turned out to be a lesbian lovefest and I'm hetero lol), and so many others that I just went for the concert scene, not the music, at a place close by with the absolute worst acoustics but best 1977-1984 tailgaiting
Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug!" So she got up, unplugged the computer, and threw out my wine.

Brenda , Ed :Jacob 24 Alexandra 17 and two steps ~ Shawn 25 Nichole 24

SO turned husband March 2013

Next up ~ Halloween Horror Nights 2013 at Universal

F&W/FD for September 2012 with DD and SO who's a Disney virgin...this could be a dealbreaker

Celebrated my 50th with DD at Disneyland April 2011
PatsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #105
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4greatboys View Post
I
Some bands I've liked so much more after seeing them live:

Cage the Elephant and Papa Roach
HEY! I wasn't expecting to hear that on these boards! I've seen them twice. Both times from the safety of the balcony. Watched my son crowd-surf from up there. He would land on the stage, get kicked off the stage, then do it again. That was a great show!
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: