Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #76
StephMK
DIS Veteran

Best - Rush, saw them a few years ago, awesome!

Worst - David Lee Roth/Van Halen & maybe Skid Row - I was 14 and with my mom, 'nuff said
Old 02-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #77
Hayleybot
Earning My Ears

Best: death cab for cutie in 2005 sigh love love love them. Concert with panic at the disco, boys night out, motion city soundtrack and fall out boy. Most fun I've ever had at a concert. Garth brooks my first ever concert when I was little and then I got to see him again a few years ago at the Wynn before he started headlining there. It was with his full band and I sat front row! It was AMAZING. My dad works there and has worked for Garth before so he surprised me and his girlfriend with the tickets. It was a limited access show not open to the public so it was a huge deal to be able to go.

Honorable mention: paramore, jacks mannequin, new found glory, gold finger, the matches

Worst: Santana. I was 8 months pregnant and we had a friend give us the tickets for free but it was standing room only. I just couldn't handle standing any longer and I hated that the songs dragged on. We left early. Hoobastank. They were terrible terrible terrible.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #78
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Best: Bon Jovi, Kenny G (amazing!), Jimmy Buffet, Duran Duran

Worst: only because it was so boring, Josh Groban. Beautiful voice but he talked about nothing for long periods. Just boring.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 PM   #79
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

Best: No Doubt - had early entry were right at the front of the general admission area they put on a KILLER show, hoping they tour again with the new album. To make it even better Paramore was one of the opening bands.

Worst: hmm... almost every second opening act? Known to my friend and I as the curse of the second band, or any All Time Low set... I hate seeing them live, for some reason they are a million times louder than any other band...

I've been to a lot of concerts and usually throughly enjoy myself. It's a great way to hear new music, as I often don't know all the opening bands.

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #80
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Best is a tie between NKOTB and BNL

Also great was The Rolling Stones

Least favourite was Brooks and Dunn because I don't like country. I went because my bf at the time asked me to go.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #81
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Best: Bruce - the Born in the USA tour in LA - because we knew all the songs.

Middle: I don't remember most - but I think I had a great time at the Jimmy Buffet concert in Irvine, CA Someone passed me something. My hubby said I tried to convince him the parking lot was over the hills. "Why is everyone going that way...it's this way" TMI - but we are all friends here. I guess I never noticed the people lined up against the fense peeing. Hubby told me all about that the next, ahem, evening.

Worst: Rod Stewart - in Irvine, Ca. He looked and sang like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

After I grew up: The things I do for my daughter (14): One Direction/Honda Center/Anaheim, CA --- I just enjoyed her excitement and teenybobber watched. Wowza, my head ached for hours afterward with all that screaming. She had a friend so I just would leave and go enjoy a glass of wine and then rejoin. I did jump and dance to "that's what makes you beautiful". Thankfully, she didn't notice so I got away it, otherwise she would have been horrified.

Fun thread
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western

Last edited by PizzieDuster; 02-11-2013 at 01:09 AM.
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #82
ckay87
demented and sad...but social
This morning I had "you can't overlook your underwear" stuck in my head
Scared by a clapper in her teens

Oooh a concert thread! It's my favorite thing to do!

BEST - #1 is the time I saw Bon Jovi from the 3rd row. Such a difficult thing to do, and I didn't have to sell a car to afford it. Really neat. The Foo Fighters are absolutely amazing, 100% of the time. Also, I love 2 sort of regional bands who always put on the best shows - Carbon Leaf and Scythian - they have been some favorite all-around concert memories. Oh and Elton John.... how someone can spend the vast majority of 2 hours sitting on a piano bench and still be so incredibly powerful is beyond me.

WORST - Have never been terribly disappointed in a show, but I attended a metal festival (because I liked ONE band) and was bored out of my mind. I'm the only person I know who finds metal boring . Also there was Buckcherry - I actually like them AND they perform really well, but Josh Todd, both times I've seen them, will go off on these rants about how cocaine is just the best . I think, "dude, even coke-heads don't think cocaine is that great." I'm done with them.
ckay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #83
Mokat76
DisKat

Best: George Strait. I've seen him several time; hope to see him at least twice more before he retires from touring.

Worst: Chicago. They clearly weren't into it and, therefore, neither were we. The whole event was a waste of energy and oxygen.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #84
cme
Mouseketeer

Best: Kid Rock - his birthday celebration at Ford Field (Detroit), Michael Jackson and his brothers (Motown 25), Row 3

Worst: Fleetwood Mac - early 80's
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #85
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckay87 View Post
The Foo Fighters are absolutely amazing, 100% of the time.
This was a really nice surprise for me. My wife won a pair of tickets and I was so not looking forward to going. Now in my 40's, the idea of standing for a show holds no appeal (thankfully, nobody stood in the nosebleed seats where we were ), and I'm really just kind of over the whole thing. What's more, I had never been a big FF fan. Didn't care for Nirvana (save for Smells Like Teen Spirit), and just didn't expect much from FF. BOY was I wrong. Terrific show, and they really won me over. Foo Fighters and Arlo Guthrie are definitely the two most pleasant surprises of all the concerts I've seen
Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #86
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 View Post
This was a really nice surprise for me. My wife won a pair of tickets and I was so not looking forward to going. Now in my 40's, the idea of standing for a show holds no appeal (thankfully, nobody stood in the nosebleed seats where we were ), and I'm really just kind of over the whole thing. What's more, I had never been a big FF fan. Didn't care for Nirvana (save for Smells Like Teen Spirit), and just didn't expect much from FF. BOY was I wrong. Terrific show, and they really won me over. Foo Fighters and Arlo Guthrie are definitely the two most pleasant surprises of all the concerts I've seen
I have seen many concerts and I kind of feel like my concert days are behind me... No real desire to go, hate forking out the money, too loud, etc....

BUT..... I would love to see the Foo Fighters!!!! And I didn't like Nirvana either.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #87
Styx Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
The venue and your seats can make or break a concert.

!
Amen!! I have been lucky enough to be front row and pretty close many times for Styx and Reo Speedwagon. There is an electricity that comes with being so close you are almost part of the show. The band definitely feeds off the energy of the crowd. And when you are in front, you get to interact with the band in a different way.

I would love to be front row for Bon Jovi, but front row seats for the summer show by me are about $1700....yup, seventeen hundred. That includes all kids of perks like a seat that goes home with you, but that is still about $1600 beyond my budget. I do have seats in the lower bowl :-)

I have seen Styx around 40 times, all but 2 of those in the last 12 years. I have seen them in all kinds of venues, and the best is the small, old theaters.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #88
pixi3ness
Earning My Ears

Best : Slipknot all four times that I've seen them. Their energy is so intense and just amazing. Other's that are pretty good live : The Offspring, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Blink 182 - I love how interactive they are, Asking Alexandria.

Worst : Motorhead. Hands down. Could not understand a single thing that Lemmy said/sang. Not interactive at all. Just stood there the entire time. It was such a boring experience. I didn't enjoy Slayer much either. All they had going for them was the pyrotechnics and the fact that I caught Kerry King's pick.

Now...if I could just see Death Cab For Cutie/The Postal Service, Paramore, Jack White, and Tegan and Sara...
pixi3ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #89
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx Fan View Post

I have seen Styx around 40 times, all but 2 of those in the last 12 years. I have seen them in all kinds of venues, and the best is the small, old theaters.
So I'm curious, do you prefer Gowan over Dennis Deyoung?
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #90
mnrose
DIS Veteran

Bruce Springsteen....any one of the many concerts I have seen over the years has been "the best." LOL! I've seen him since 1978 and most recently a couple of months ago, so a long time. I'd also say Neil Young and Crazy Horse "Rust Never Sleeps" tour was pretty amazing too.

Worst: Patti Smith (whom I generally adore) was too looped on something to put on a good concert. And Jorma Kaukonen (lead singer with Jefferson Airplane) totally sucked...he was really, really drunk and obnoxious. It was horrible.
mnrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: