Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 AM   #31
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Best: The Moody Blues, seen them twice in concert and loved em both. Doesn't hurt they are my favorite band and I can sing along to their playlist. Get to see them again in a month.

Runners Up: U2 and Tim McGraw, seen them 3 times each and each time it's been a good show.

Worst: N'Sync. We were sitting in nosebleed at the old Mile High Stadium. The stadium was junk, the bathrooms in deplorable conditions. I was seated next to one of the crankiest women ever and I had tweens screaming in my ear and I was barely out of my teens myself. And it didn't help that the hotel shuttle never came to pick us up and left us stranded. Ended up having to call a cab.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:31 AM   #32
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Great - The Monkees, '68. OK, I was young. Been to too many concerts, too long ago, to remember them all. Some I deny ever attending, so I won't get laughed at.

Worst - I had free tickets to hear Michael Bolton. It was a waterfront bandstand in Miami, and the speakers were turned up so you could hear him all the way to the moon. His voice was vibrating thru my sternum and it hurt. Beside the fact that he was pathetic, his music was seriously hurting me. I left quickly.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #33
bballmom56
DIS Veteran

Best - The recent James Taylor/Carole King tour, Harry Chapin, Trans Siberian Orchestra (not sure if that's considered a "concert" or a "show"), just saw a performance of Midtown Men, 4 guys who had been in Jersey Boys on Broadway singing songs from the 60s. It was great!

Worst - Don't really have a worst.
bballmom56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #34
Adipoo
Mouseketeer

Let's go into the way back machine, shall we? Best would be George Harrison, Santana, Bryan Adams, and believe it or not, Savage Garden. Took my daughter because she loved them and I really enjoyed it.

Worst concert ever...Sting. Annie Lennox was the only bright spot in that concert.

Before I die...Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder solo. I was so sad to have to miss Mark Knopfler's recent US tour, but someday!

We travel not to escape life, but to have life not escape us.
Adipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #35
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

VERY BEST: Elton John AND Billy Joel

Best: The Used, Our Lady Peace, AfI, Lady Gaga, Zac Brown Band

Worst: I agree with a previous poster about Jackyl and pretty much any hip hop show I have been to.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #36
mickeyboat
Nothing like the cream and chocolate combination
Thank you for omitting the footwear today
Moons are a sign of intelligence and beauty

Best - Garth Brooks

Worst - Elton John.

So couldnít we all come to the conclusion that itís not the PLACE that counts, itís the people who contribute to it? - Delswife
mickeyboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #37
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

The venue and your seats can make or break a concert.

Best concert....Rush 1st time seeing them - Excellent sound and excellent seats

Worst concert....Rush - 2nd time seeing them at a different venue - the acoustics were so bad, I couldn't figure out what song they were playing until half way through each song

Another bad one for me was Joe Satriani - I fell asleep!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #38
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
The venue and your seats can make or break a concert.

Best concert....Rush 1st time seeing them - Excellent sound and excellent seats

Worst concert....Rush - 2nd time seeing them at a different venue - the acoustics were so bad, I couldn't figure out what song they were playing until half way through each song

Another bad one for me was Joe Satriani - I fell asleep!
I mentioned Marshall Tucker Band as my best, but they were also one of my not favorites. Same venue and the band was great both times. Second time though, the lead singer got real "creative" with the melodies, and it just did not work.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #39
Styx Fan
DIS Veteran

Well if course Styx has been the best concerts They still put on a fantastic, high energy show.

Brett Michaels solo in a little tiny, very intimate venue before he had a huge resurgence in popularity.

Bryan Adams.

Bon Jovi.

I know I have seen some that weren't very good....but my mind is just working that good this morning.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
goofinoff
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
I feel like we are in the middle of A Very Brady Idol

This is a tough one because I've seen so many.

Absolute best: Garth Brooks
Close runners up: Kenny Cheney, Zac Brown, Van Halen, Jimmy Buffett, Bryan Adams, Luke Bryan, Rod Stewart, Elton John, James Taylor, Melissa Ethridge, Bonnie Raitt, Matchbox Twenty, B-52s, ZZ Top.
I could go on and on!
Worst: Stevie Nicks.....back in her drug days and completely forgot the words to several songs. She got boo'd. Genesis....saw them in Germany and every time Phil Collins spoke, he talked about "stupid, ignorant Americans". Tons of US servicemen and women were at this show. Awful.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor

Very Ultimate Best!!!!: Front row seats for Transiberian Orchestra!!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #42
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adipoo
Let's go into the way back machine, shall we? Best would be George Harrison, Santana, Bryan Adams, and believe it or not, Savage Garden. Took my daughter because she loved them and I really enjoyed it.

Worst concert ever...Sting. Annie Lennox was the only bright spot in that concert.

Before I die...Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder solo. I was so sad to have to miss Mark Knopfler's recent US tour, but someday!
Oooo. Lucky. I would have loved to have scene savage garden. I still listen to them now as an adult. My husband is always making fun of me.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #43
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

This is difficult to narrow down, I attend about one concert a month. Two this month!

Best:

The Black Keys: amazingly high energy
The xx: unbelievably talented, better vocals than the recordings
La Roux: great performer, fantastic at engaging the crowd
The Cults: I only got to see them as an opener, but I was in heaven. I love their sound, and live they sent chills down my spine.

Worst:

Bon Jovi: I was only 5, so maybe it shouldn't count, but we saw them in a summer concert series at Great Adventure and I just remember being so mad I was forced to sit there and hold my hands over my ears while I could have been going on rides!

American Idol Season 10 tour: my first and last time attending one of these...I don't know what I was thinking. I hate country music and a 'country singer' won that year!

I haven't really attended many 'bad' concerts. I tend to stay away from arena acts.

B & C , Local AP/TiW holders & resort junkies!
12/08: CR & SSR|10/09: VWL| 1/10:AKL&POFQ| 10/10:AKL| 1/11:CR| 2/11:POFQ| 1/12:AKL|5/12:BC|
9/12:BC| 10/12:SSR| 1/13:ASMu| 5/13:BC| 6/13:POP| 8/13:WL| 10/13:POFQ| 12/13:Disney Dream| 1/14: ASMu| 3/14: BC
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #44
MomNeedsVacay
was my mom just weird?

BEST: BEN FOLDS!! Love him---great guy live...energy, charisma and gets the crowd involved and tells good stories

Worst: I 've seen a lot of concerts where I thought they were terrible live... hmmmmm.... Dave Matthews Band was not great..I cannot stand when a band jams out on one song for 20 minutes ..You have to be really really high or really really drunk to enjoy that.
DD 7 -
DS- 4
I've been pickled! Thanks!
MomNeedsVacay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 AM   #45
AnnMarie3
Mouseketeer

The Best: Garth Brooks, The Boss in 84, Jimmy Buffett, Pat Benatar, Rush, Rod Stewart, Hal Ketchum, Van Halen

The Worst: Stevie Nicks, Michael Bolton, Joan Jett. Diana Ross - she was horrible!
AnnMarie3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: