Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
RCEliot
Earning My Ears

Nervous for my phone interview! Also, what is the process like?

So I have my phone interview Monday at 9:30pm EST and I'm really really nervous. I want to do this program so badly but I have anxiety issues with being on the phone. What tips do Alumni's or anyone really have for keeping cool and calm for the interview?

Also, on the subject of if I get in, I'm very very nervous about being away from home for so long. How often would I have the chance to make a trip home? I can't bring pets, so I'm going to have to leave my 4 pet rats, 2 of which are getting old enough that they may not be there when I come home, so will I have days off on occasion to take a trip home to see my family and my pets?

If I don't have a roommate in mind when I get there will I have to find one? Or a few? What are the housing things like? Are there separate rooms or do two or more people share a room? How much room is there in some of the housing? Where do you wash your clothes? Will you be able to go into the park for a leisure trip on a day off? Are you given something to wear or do you have to bring a business shirt?

I'm so nervous about everything and the more I read up on the program through the CP webpage, the more I get confused and conflicted and just
Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCEliot View Post
So I have my phone interview Monday at 9:30pm EST and I'm really really nervous. I want to do this program so badly but I have anxiety issues with being on the phone. What tips do Alumni's or anyone really have for keeping cool and calm for the interview?

Also, on the subject of if I get in, I'm very very nervous about being away from home for so long. How often would I have the chance to make a trip home? I can't bring pets, so I'm going to have to leave my 4 pet rats, 2 of which are getting old enough that they may not be there when I come home, so will I have days off on occasion to take a trip home to see my family and my pets?

If I don't have a roommate in mind when I get there will I have to find one? Or a few? What are the housing things like? Are there separate rooms or do two or more people share a room? How much room is there in some of the housing? Where do you wash your clothes? Will you be able to go into the park for a leisure trip on a day off? Are you given something to wear or do you have to bring a business shirt?

I'm so nervous about everything and the more I read up on the program through the CP webpage, the more I get confused and conflicted and just
Okay, scroll down on the main page, I posted a thread titled 'Phone Interview Tips from an Alumni" and look at that post. I posted tips and a list of questions they could ask.

You can request days off and find out within 48 hours if they have been approved. I was able to request a whole week off when my family came, but it depends on your role/location. I would request off the dates as soon as you get there and you should have no problem.

You can try to find roommates either on here or on Facebook, otherwise they will just be random. 2 people are in each room, the apartments are okay, there is not a lot of storage space but the closets are pretty big. Each complex has laundry facilities. You need to bring a few business outfits for traditions or if you take classes. You will be given a "costume" to wear for your role. You don't even have to wash it, you just take it back and get a new one.

You can visit the parks on your day off and you get free admission.

It really is a great experience!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: