Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

Test Track 2.0 question

We haven't yet been on the updated Test Track and have a question. I watched a video on the car design. My question is, how does that play in to the ride? Do you see your car somewhere or does it change the ride at all? Also, if you go first thing in the morning...are you able to skip the ride design part? I have 2 girls, and they don't care as much about designing the car, as they do about riding the actual ride. Thanks.
Minnie824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie824 View Post
We haven't yet been on the updated Test Track and have a question. I watched a video on the car design. My question is,

1- how does that play in to the ride?

2- Do you see your car somewhere or

3- does it change the ride at all? Also,

4- if you go first thing in the morning...are you able to skip the ride design part? I have 2 girls, and they don't care as much about designing the car, as they do about riding the actual ride. Thanks.
1- Actuality, it doesn't affect the ride at all.
2- Maybe.
3- Nope.
4- FastPass line skips the full designing section. (Guests can choose from a small array of pre-built cars.)
If (in the regular/standby line) you simply don't bother to "design," you can board without doing so, but you'll still
have to wait behind any of those in line in front of you do their designs and board the cars.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
smphbear
Mouseketeer

If they don't really care about design, the FP line may be your best option. The design process in the FP line only lets the riders do a very limited design from pre selected cars. It takes less time than the design process of the standby line.

You are supposed to see how your car stacks up on screens as you go through the ride. They are still having problems with this part of the process. Both mornings we were there, there were issues with the design computers in the standby line. My son was upset because there was a Microsoft crash on the computer he was using. One morning, we were in the FP line. We saw that all of the computers in one of the design rooms crashed. Sometimes, our cars showed up in the rankings on the ride. Sometimes they didn't.
04 Vacation Villas - Ds7 first trip
June 07 - Cypress Pointe - Ds3 first trip
June 08 - Cypress Pointe -
Feb 09 - Adults only - POP
Mar 11 - Just the four of us for Mardi Gras - POP
Feb 13 - POP for Mardi Gras
smphbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
If (in the regular/standby line) you simply don't bother to "design," you can board without doing so, but you'll still
have to wait behind any of those in line in front of you do their designs and board the cars.

So going first thing in the morning...will the doors for the design area just be open and you can walk right thru? Or would you have a choice to skip that?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie824 View Post
So going first thing in the morning...will the doors for the design area just be open and you can walk right thru? Or would you have a choice to skip that?
Regardless, I'd not attempt to "pass" those in line in front of you.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Regardless, I'd not attempt to "pass" those in line in front of you.
Yeah, I get that. I wouldn't try to do that...we're normally at rope drop and in the first group of people. I just wanted to understand if they give you a choice to skip it...like in the original test track, first thing in the morning, they left the doors to the preshow room open and you got to just walk through. I'm wondering if they do something similiar with the updated ride.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Robo

You can just keep walking on through if there's nobody in front of you.

Last edited by Robo; 02-17-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smphbear View Post
If they don't really care about design, the FP line may be your best option. The design process in the FP line only lets the riders do a very limited design from pre selected cars. It takes less time than the design process of the standby line.

You are supposed to see how your car stacks up on screens as you go through the ride. They are still having problems with this part of the process. Both mornings we were there, there were issues with the design computers in the standby line. My son was upset because there was a Microsoft crash on the computer he was using. One morning, we were in the FP line. We saw that all of the computers in one of the design rooms crashed. Sometimes, our cars showed up in the rankings on the ride. Sometimes they didn't.
Starting this afternoon FP guests were lined in such a way that they did design their own car and not designing it was not an option. It is the complete design process. Not sure if they are going to do it all day this way or just part of the day but this started mid afternoon today. What happens next is unknown.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz

Starting this afternoon FP guests were lined in such a way that they did design their own car and not designing it was not an option. It is the complete design process. Not sure if they are going to do it all day this way or just part of the day but this started mid afternoon today. What happens next is unknown.

Liz
Thanks for the heads up Liz! I'll probably be FPing TT tomorrow and will report back if they're still doing it that way.

The Whole Gang August 2014 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
stormer
DIS Veteran

We were at Epcot yesterday. We arrived at rope drop and went straight to Test Track. There was a giant line as they had not started letting guests enter the ride yet. While my family waited on line I grabbed Fast Passes. By the time I got back they had started to let people into the ride. There was a CM at the entrance telling people if you did not want to design a car you could enter to the left instead of the right and not wait. It was the area for the single rider line but they just let us use it to get in without waiting. They did not split us up. It was awesome. We got on immediately, maybe waited two minutes. We then went to Mission Space and then it was time to use our TT fast passes. Worked great.
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post

Liz
I really, really hope this is not a permanent change. I think designing the car is fun to do once, but definitely not more than that. The technology doesn't work consistently, either. My preference is to ride with a FP or go single rider and skip the design process.

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: