Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

My Review of Jan 19-26 Fantasy Western

Now that Iíve had time to settle back into things at home/work, here is my belated review of my Fantasy Western cruise from January 19 to 26, 2013! Is am a 26 year old female sailing alone. This was my 7th cruise on DCL and my 2nd one sailing solo. I donít love sailing solo but sometimes that is the case if no one can go with me, Iím not going to let it stop me from going! The Fantasy was just so beautiful, and I loved the additions to the adult area at the front of the ship- Satellite Falls was a great place to hang out, although it can get windy at times. I do think DCL went a little overboard with shaded areas on this ship though. There seems to be more covered areas than open so there are limited lounge chairs for sun which compounds the problem of people saving chairs. I was by myself so I didnít have too much of a problem but for those needing 2 or more chairs together in the sun it appeared challenging. La Piazza was spectacular, felt so much larger than on the Dream. It was almost too large thoughóI always felt like I was missing something and couldnít do it all and this was a 7 night cruise! The bars were so beautiful and themed but I am definitely looking forward to my cruise on the Magic this summer when I will feel less overwhelmed with it all.

Grand Cayman- As some of you may have heard on the DIS already, a guest suffered a heart attack on Sunday evening and we had to divert to Cozumel to get him medical treatment. Fortunately he made it through surgery and he was OK. We could not stay at Cozumel on that Monday morning (which was our scheduled Grand Cayman day) because there was not a berth available, so we had to have an extra sea day and then do Grand Cayman on Tuesday, Cozumel Wednesday, Sea on Thursday and CC on Friday. I was sad to skip Costa Maya because I had a nice beach day planned there at Maya Chan which was supposed to be really good, but I was happy that we at least got a full day in Grand Cayman which I loved. I donít know why the Fantasy normally only has half days there, I would have felt so rushed. I could easily spend a week there. It was expensive, but like the saying goes- you get what you pay for, and reminded me of Aruba. More expensive for food, drinks, shopping but the beaches were super clean, safe and easy to travel by taxi or bus, and no annoying vendors haggling on the beach or having to worry about leaving stuff on your chair while you swam. I got off at 8:30 AM and stayed until one of the last tenders at 3:50 since I loved it so much.

Cozumel- I was disappointed our Cozumel day was overcast/drizzly weather since I had the beach break booked. However I was very pleased that DCL gave us the option to cancel for a full refund, which I and many others did. It just wasn't worth it for me to spend $80 to sit in the drizzling rain all day on and off. I stayed on the ship (other than a brief stop at Starbucks to use the free wifi to call home/check email and Facebook), but I have to say I was disappointed that DCL did not offer more "rainy day" activities. I would have thought that they would add more things when a day is that overcast or rainy or cold- I tried to go to Port Adventures and join another excursion that wasn't beach focused, but only dolphin swimming or snuba were left, which didn't interest me. I would have liked for them to secure more spots on some of the other non-weather impacted options for those that had beach/sun plans but had to change. Or, have more things on board like the animation classes, character meets/greats, cooking demos, etc. I am going to email DCL with these suggestions. I did enjoy a nice sit down lunch in Royal Court and spend a good amount of time relaxing and reading in a chair on deck 4 which was nice.

Castaway Cay- I was relieved that our Castaway day was nice weather--it was so windy on the sea day prior I was afraid we might not be able to dock. Ever since that happened to us on the PC cruise in 2011 I always fear it happening again. But, we made it and it was warmer air and water temperature than I was expecting. I was very pleasantly surprised for January since my last trip was in late May and it was so hot and warmer water, but this January stop at CC wasnít bad at all. I enjoyed my catamaran snorkeling trip which was something I ended up adding due to missing beach/snorkel time in Cozumel and Costa Maya, and glad that I did. It was so fun, got great underwater pictures and great shots of the ship from the catamaran. The crew was very friendly and we even got free rum punch on the way back! I thought it was a great value and really fun.

Room Steward- My room steward was great which was refreshing since the one I had last year on the Dream was terrible, not coming until late in the day, leaving dirty glasses/not replacing them, etc. This is the 2nd cruise where I have left a hand written note on the first day with my requests for extra shampoos/conditioners and Navigators, plus ice daily. Both times it has worked out perfectly, my stewards did exactly what I asked. On the classic ships I found that the stewards usually found us the first day and asked about any special needs but so far on my 3 cruises on the new ships, maybe because they are busier, we never even see our stewards the first day. So, I find that leaving the note really saves time, gets the point across, and then I donít have to worry about asking for anything.

Dining Serving Team- My dining room team was OK. The server was experienced and good but the assistant I assume was new. I have a diet coke with dinner every single night and I always had to seek her out to ask for it. Not only was it not waiting for me or brought without asking, but she wouldnít even ask us for our drink orders. That got annoying because when you get used to superior service from experienced assistant servers knowing your drink preferences, she just reminded me of a slacking waitress at a restaurant at home. She seemed to only focus her attention on the couple at the table who got the wine package, which that in itself was an interesting sight. They were a wonderful couple who I really enjoyed being seated with, along with their adult son and 2 other single travelers, I had a great table. But unfortunately they were very disappointed with the wine package experience and I could tell I would have been too if I were them. They were surprised there was not a sommelier in the dining room to guide them in selections. The servers were not knowledgeable about the wines, and then on top of that, they were inflexible with the package selections. The couple told me one day they had a glass of wine at a bar and loved it. They wrote the name down and found it was actually on the cheaper wine package list, not the premium one they bought. They figured it would be no problem to ask for the bottle at dinner anyway, after all it was a cheaper bottle. Well, apparently this was a huge deal. The servers were confused, the head server had to come over and even he wasnít helpfulóthe couple were embarrassed at all the fuss and I could see why. They said they would never do the package again.

Guest Services- I found the service at Guest Services to be really hit or miss. I think the only thing worse than regularly bad customer service is inconsistent customer service. Some CMs were knowledgeable, others werenít, and I got totally different answers asking the same questions. This is a real disservice to some guests who do not know any better. For example, I asked at least 3 or 4 times if I could leave my passport to get stamped. I was told a few times they no longer do that at all. That was disappointing, but if that was the case, OK. One day I noticed one of the higher level CMs in the white outfit there, so I asked her if I could at least leave it for a CC stamp, and she said no problem. I told her I was told many times that they donít do that anymore even for CC, and she said that they do and was sorry I was given the wrong info. Its really frustrating to be given the wrong info. Another example, the Gold CC gift. I knew from previous experience that I get the backpack and then this leather travel thing and luggage tag gift set. I did not receive this throughout the cruise and by the 5th night I was getting concerned. Again, if I wasnít experienced, I would not have even known I was missing out on something, which is a shame to newbies. I called GS once and visited in person once to ask about it, and both times the CMs had no idea what I was talking about. They said they never even heard of a gold CC gift! This was very frustrating. My tablemates had received theirs, so I was confident that it was still offered and not a perk that had been taken away. I even told the CMs this, and they were asking for their last name and room number! I was like, hello, I do not know their last names and room number, I just have dinner with them! Finally on the very last night I went down once more and demanded an answer and the gift because I was packing and had had enough. They assured me they would get it to me and finally within 5 minutes it was delivered to my room by my steward. I have no idea why all the confusion though!

Tastings and Tours- This was the first cruise where I tried some of the tastings and tours offered. Immediately upon boarding I booked Mixology and Cognac Tasting, as well as a galley tour which I was super excited that they offered. I really learned a lot in the galley tour offered by the chef; I definitely got the best tour because the 2 tours behind us were being conducted by regular CMs. It was so cool to see all the behind the scenes processes described and the chef was eager to answer our many questions. Cognac Tasting was also very informative and relaxing. Mixology was an absolute blast! I had it with Damian in the Skyline Lounge and a group of about 15. It only cost $15 and I was so glad I did this one instead of the one our DIS group organized because that one was $20 each and more crowded! I met wonderful people in our group and we got to go behind the bar and make the drinks! It was so much fun and unbelievable value. I look forward to doing this one on many cruises to come.

Palo/Remy- I did both brunch and dinner at both Palo and Remy on this trip. All were amazing as expected, and it was my first time doing the Remy brunch. Everything was delicious, my favorite was the hazelnut mousse type dessert, superb! I also loved that the Remy dinner menu was different than my last time there in May, but equally divine. The maitre dí was so friendly and since I was dining alone he came to chat with me sometimes, and during the cheese course he actually brought over a bowl of whole black truffles and suggested I try some with my cheese! He must have read my mind because truffles are my true weakness, I die for anything truffle. He shaved some pieces onto the cheese and like he said, it was amazing. I really felt spoiled and I only wish there was a Remy on land that I could visit more often!

Debarkation Day- On the last morning of the cruise, even though I had late dining I opted to go to the early seating. I wanted to leave my luggage in my room because it was too busy the night before for me to do it, plus I was in Enchanted Garden which was about a 2 minute walk from my room, and it would be super easy to head back and grab my luggage. I told my server the night before about my plans and he said it shouldnít be a problem and just ask for the head server in the morning. I did that but it was somewhat of a confusion. Hard to describe, but it totally reminded me of my tablematesí confusion over the wine issue. Best way to describe it I guess was they seemed to make a big production over nothing. I was only 1 person, not a whole family, and being that it was early seating, the place was more than 50% empty. I have no idea why it took asking a few times and wasting several minutes for me to just be seated. At least it worked out after I was seated, I ended up being seated with a couple who is actually on my Med cruise this summer, so we talked about that. I finished by 7:20 and had plenty of time to go back to my room, double check everything and be out by 8:00. After debarking I drove to WDW for the day since my flight wasnít until 5:00 PM, I parked at the Boardwalk and then spent the day poolside at Swan and Dolphin since it was a beautiful day. The last adventure came with heading back to the airport. For some reason following the airport signs I ended up on the 417 route instead of the 528 I am familiar with. It was fine but I ended up in an extremely rural area with no stores or gas stations! I got to the airport but I guess it was like the ďback entranceĒ or something because it felt like the middle of nowhere. I had no idea where to get gas and I debated driving off to look for some because I knew it would be costly to return it not full, but then I said I just couldnít take a chance of missing my flight over the gas so I just returned it. It was over $9 a gallon but thankfully I only used not even a quarter tank so it only cost me about $10 more than if I had fueled up myself. I would not have been happy if Iíd had to fill it more than that at that price though, so I made a note to self, never take 417 to MCO again!

Last Thoughts- Overall I love the new features on the Dream and Fantasy but I have to say I am definitely looking forward to being back on the Magic in July for the 12 night Med cruise. It will have been about 2.5 years since I've been on one of the classic ships by that time, so it will feel almost new to me being back on a smaller ship with different features. On the Magic and Wonder I also feel more relaxed and not stressed that I'm always "missing something" like on the Dream/Fantasy. There are just so many bars and entertainment venues on the new ships that I always feel like I'm missing something. I also enjoy the pool area much better on the older ships since its way more open and sunnier. But all in all, I truly love all 4 ships and will choose my cruises by itinerary now for sure. Right now I am definitely doing the 12 night in July on the Magic, and most likely keeping a 3 night on the Dream in November that I'm coupling with 5 days pre-cruise at WDW since I haven't done the parks in awhile. It depends on if WDW offers free dining, if they do then I'm keeping it, so fingers crossed! After that, I have a 7 night Eastern booked on the Fantasy for May 2014 with my parents. I also have 2 dummy cruises floating out there, waiting patiently for DCL to announce the rest of 2014. I'm hoping for Baltic, Hawaii, Southern Caribbean, or Alaska. We shall see!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Nice report. We always take 417 to MCO..never any traffic and so easy. It is our preferred choice. We fill up at WDW and never had a problem being charged extra...the gas needle barely moves. For an SUV this may not be the case but for a small car..no problem.

On the last morning we have pretty much given up on the dining rooms for breakfast...too chaotic and stressful. We just hit Cabanas at our leisure and then head back to the cabin before 8:00 am to pick up our carryons and head off the ship.

Glad you had a good time!!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Nice report. We always take 417 to MCO..never any traffic and so easy. It is our preferred choice. We fill up at WDW and never had a problem being charged extra...the gas needle barely moves. For an SUV this may not be the case but for a small car..no problem.

On the last morning we have pretty much given up on the dining rooms for breakfast...too chaotic and stressful. We just hit Cabanas at our leisure and then head back to the cabin before 8:00 am to pick up our carryons and head off the ship.

Glad you had a good time!!

MJ
I know my TA just told me she does the same thing! I was worried the needle might move a little if I did that but I'm glad to hear that it doesn't so that is my plan for next time! The 417 ride was great I just could not believe it left me in the sticks with nowhere obvious for gas and I didn't want to chance it since I was only 90 minutes from my flight.

I will probably do Cabanas next time too. I thought it would have been seamless but it felt too much like I was "throwing a curve ball" in their process even though there was plenty of room, it wasn't worth the bother.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Momís Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
Old 02-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
nurse2011
Earning My Ears

I was on this cruise & went to the DIS mixology. We had a great time & were surprised when the price was only $15. Glad you had a good time!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2011 View Post
I was on this cruise & went to the DIS mixology. We had a great time & were surprised when the price was only $15. Glad you had a good time!
Thanks! Glad you had a great time also and your price was only $15 after all! I didn't understand why they were wanting $20 instead anyway since it was the cheaper on the ship, but in any case, glad it worked out for all. I can't believe what a blast it was! I make my drinks strong so I wasn't expecting it to be all that, but boy I was wrong and in a good way for sure!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

I see you did Remy Brunch, how long did it last? We are doing Remy Brunch and our disboard group planned a private Mixology class on same day so Remy Brunch from 12:10-2:10(heard it takes about 2 hours) and Mixology is at 2:00, so don't know if we should pass on that private Mixology class or not, doing a back-2-back, so if don't do the private mixology class would do regular one the week after
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
testtrackmaniacs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71

Guest Services- I found the service at Guest Services to be really hit or miss. I think the only thing worse than regularly bad customer service is inconsistent customer service. Some CMs were knowledgeable, others weren’t, and I got totally different answers asking the same questions. This is a real disservice to some guests who do not know any better. For example, I asked at least 3 or 4 times if I could leave my passport to get stamped. I was told a few times they no longer do that at all. That was disappointing, but if that was the case, OK. One day I noticed one of the higher level CMs in the white outfit there, so I asked her if I could at least leave it for a CC stamp, and she said no problem. I told her I was told many times that they don’t do that anymore even for CC, and she said that they do and was sorry I was given the wrong info. Its really frustrating to be given the wrong info.
Admitted newbie here...our first cruise is coming up in March on the Fantasy.

Can anyone elaborate on the passport stamping? I called myself doing my homework but this is the first time I have seen any mention of getting a stamp.
testtrackmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
I see you did Remy Brunch, how long did it last? We are doing Remy Brunch and our disboard group planned a private Mixology class on same day so Remy Brunch from 12:10-2:10(heard it takes about 2 hours) and Mixology is at 2:00, so don't know if we should pass on that private Mixology class or not, doing a back-2-back, so if don't do the private mixology class would do regular one the week after
I replied to your PM with the answer, but for everyone else here, my brunch took an hour and a half. Seating was at 11:30 and finished by 1:00, and everyone from the same seating is on the same track, meaning courses are served at the same time so you all finish around the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by testtrackmaniacs View Post
Admitted newbie here...our first cruise is coming up in March on the Fantasy.

Can anyone elaborate on the passport stamping? I called myself doing my homework but this is the first time I have seen any mention of getting a stamp.
On several past cruises I asked GS to take my passport and get it stamped from the customs officials when they board the ship in the morning to clear it. It was never a guarantee because it depends on the mood of the customs official and if they brought the stamp, but the GS CM's were always happy to try in the past. Now it seems it is hit or miss depending on who you ask as in my case. I will continue to try to ask and in the future be sure to only ask the manager-looking CMs in the white uniforms since one would hope they would have the most knowledge and decision making, which was the case for me on this cruise, and wonderful Jocelyn made it happen for me. I've got 3 stamps from CC in my passport and they are all different Bahamian ones which is so cool.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

also where did you sign up for tastings after boarding the Fantasy? I heard it's changed places since the last time I cruise on the Fantasy
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #10
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
also where did you sign up for tastings after boarding the Fantasy? I heard it's changed places since the last time I cruise on the Fantasy
I signed up at Guest Services as soon as I boarded which was 11:35 AM. I wished they had a print out list for me to read and choose what was best but instead the CM had to read off the options one tasting and one day at a time which was kind of slow and hard to keep track, but I only wanted 2 so it was OK. Definitely think it would be easier if they could hand you a list instead though.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
testtrackmaniacs
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71
On several past cruises I asked GS to take my passport and get it stamped from the customs officials when they board the ship in the morning to clear it. It was never a guarantee because it depends on the mood of the customs official and if they brought the stamp, but the GS CM's were always happy to try in the past. Now it seems it is hit or miss depending on who you ask as in my case. I will continue to try to ask and in the future be sure to only ask the manager-looking CMs in the white uniforms since one would hope they would have the most knowledge and decision making, which was the case for me on this cruise, and wonderful Jocelyn made it happen for me. I've got 3 stamps from CC in my passport and they are all different Bahamian ones which is so cool.
That would definitely be cool...thanks for the tip!
testtrackmaniacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting your review, I really enjoyed reading it. Although we have not sailed the Fantasy, we felt the same way about the Dream, it felt too big and we missed the intimacy of the classic ships.

Just an FYI, if you get stuck (lol) on 417 again. If you exit on Orange Blossom Trail (50 cent toll) and turn right, you will find a gas station located by the Super Target. We always rent a car and stop here to fill up, it's only a couple of minutes from the airport.

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: