Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

trying to plan first trip. half board questions and more.

So, i have been wanting to plan a trip to paris for a few years and may finally do it for june!! we plan to rent and apartment in paris and then stay at DLP for 2-3 nights.

Am looking into the halfboard plan--partly to get it pre paid... It seems the plus may be a better option in terms of options available... But will it be hard to get reservations???? And if anyone has an opinion on the half board plan, am happy to hear it. Also, are you only allowed to book a certain type based on hotel choice? I am playing around with choices and for Newport bay it is nly giving me the plus option and for disneyland hotel onl the premium.

also, do i need reservations for tgv to go back to charles de gaulle.

also, i hear sometimes there are extra magic hours for walt disney studios. How would i find that out ahead of time?
I will have 5 million more questions THANKS

Last edited by nycdisneygal; 02-10-2013 at 08:27 AM.
nycdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
Jonjo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdisneygal View Post
So, i have been wanting to plan a trip to paris for a few years and may finally do it for june!! we plan to rent and apartment in paris and then stay at DLP for 2-3 nights.

Am looking into the halfboard plan--partly to get it pre paid... It seems the plus may be a better option in terms of options available... But will it be hard to get reservations???? And if anyone has an opinion on the half board plan, am happy to hear it.

We used to use the Half Board Plus Plan in the past but it is not realy worth it now as there are no saving to be made. The only advantage of the plan is that you have purchased your meals in advance.

Making resturant reservations for Paris is not as much as an issue as is for WDW. You can either make reservations when you arrive at City Hall or at your hotel with the hotel concierge. You can also call the Resturant Reservations Department on 00 33 1 60304050 up to 60 days in advance to make your bookings.

also, do i need reservations for tgv to go back to charles de gaulle.

Not sure on this one, as we always use the direct Eurostar.

also, i hear sometimes there are extra magic hours for walt disney studios. How would i find that out ahead of time?

If there are to be Extra Magic Hours in WDS it will be published on the DLP website about a month before hand. The opening time page can be found here. EMH at WDS is very rare and it normaly only happens in the summer during the peak of the summer season at weekends when all the European schools are holidays and the hotels are at maximum occupancy .

I will have 5 million more questions THANKS

Ask away

Last edited by Jonjo; 02-10-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Jonjo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

If you want to budget in advance for your meals at DLP, instead of a half board plan (which are restrictive in terms of where you can eat and what you can eat) why not just take the same amount of money that the half board plan would cost you, and put it on a prepaid travel card, and use that to pay for your meals at DLP? That way you have still budgeted for you meals in advance, but you can use the travelcard wherever you fancy eating.

You do need a ticket in advance for the TGV (you can buy at the train station if you want to) - the TGV from DLP to CDG is a commuter long-distance train, you can't buy a ticket on board the train.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
nycdisneygal
Mouseketeer

thanks!
nycdisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: