Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

Embassy Suites Codes

Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I am looking for discount codes for Embassy Suites (In Maryland - May 2013). Does anyone know of any out there?

Last year we paid $79/night with a code. This year the best I can find is $160/night with AARP or AAA.

Thanks so much!
Muddy Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
scbelleatheart
DIS Veteran

You might check out hiltonhhonors dot com and veiw promos. They had a Q1 promo on select Embassey Suites for $59-79 weekends. We stayed on that promo but I don't know if was for frequent guests or anyone. We had 180 nights in 2012. Sign up for a HH card and you will ge the promos emailed to you.
scbelleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much. Unfortunately I checked and can't find anything better than what we have so far. We are going on Preakness weekend so I guess that is what the problem is.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Lizzybean
Mouseketeer

There is a website/forum called flyertalk that I always search for hotel codes.

June 2014: Beach Club!
Jan/Feb 2013 at POR
July/August 2012: Fort Wilderness FUN
July 2011: Offsite
90s: Offsite

I'm addicted to the pixie dust!

ME DH DS15 DD10 DD6
Lizzybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
sharon_wv
Mouseketeer

I am not able to offer any help with the hotel codes, but just wanted to say how cool the Preakness is! With the exception of the last couple years and when I was pregnant, my DH and I went every year since the early 90s.

Have a blast!!! Hope you find a great deal!
Disney Vacation at CSR - March 2008
Disney Vacation at CBR - October 2001

me DH, DD17 DD6
sharon_wv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #6
jls886
DIS Veteran

Corporate Account #0560041604 will take 20% off of the Best Available Rate (if available). It is Hilton's 'MVP' rate - the only requirement to use it is that you have a Hilton Honors number.
jls886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #7
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

Thank you all for your help. It looks like they won't accept any special promotions over Preakness weekend. It's a premium weekend in Baltimore. I tried the MVP and it won't accept it for that weekend. Never hurts to keep trying though. Thank you.

We have been going to Preakness for the past 20+ years. Started out in the Infield and now have seats for the past 15 or so years. I agree - so much fun. Especially if you pick the winning horse!!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #8
MaestroTK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls886 View Post
Corporate Account #0560041604 will take 20% off of the Best Available Rate (if available). It is Hilton's 'MVP' rate - the only requirement to use it is that you have a Hilton Honors number.
Thanks for this info! Just saved me about $80!
2003 (July) WDW - Offsite - Vacation Village at Parkway (RCI)
2006 (July) WDW - Offsite - Summer Bay Resort (RCI)
2006 (May) - DL - Carousel Inn
2007 (July) - WDW - Offsite - Vacation Village at Parkway (RCI)
2008 (March) - WDW - All Star Sports
2010 (June) - DL - Desert Palms

2011 (August) - WDW - Beach Club Villas
2013 (July) - WDW - Villas at Wilderness Lodge
2014 (April) - DL - Desert Palms
2014 (May) - DL - Desert Palms

2015 (August) - WDW - Villas at Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club Villas
MaestroTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
jls886
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroTK View Post
Thanks for this info! Just saved me about $80!
No problem! Really almost anyone can use the code, but it isn't too widely known. I traveled for my job for 3 years so I pretty much know all of the tricks and tips for traveling.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #10
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

I will definitely keep this in mind for future travel. Do you know of any other ideas for Embassy Suites? I am a Hilton Honors member but this won't work at the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley MD (5/17-19 ). I currently have $160/night with AAA I believe but that is so much more than I paid for the same place, same weekend last year.

Always looking for ways to save.

Thanks. DIS members are the greatest!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer

Quote:
No problem! Really almost anyone can use the code, but it isn't too widely known. I traveled for my job for 3 years so I pretty much know all of the tricks and tips for traveling.
Do you know any discount codes for Hyatt Place?

Thanks.
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
csharpwv
DIS Veteran

I have been staying at the Embassy Suites Hunt Valley, MD for about 6 years for work.

When I first started staying there, the price per night wasn't over $120 - I could usually get it for around $97.

In the Fall of 2007 a portion of their atrium roof collapsed. I was supposed to be there during the time that happened, but my work schedule changed at the last minute so I had had to cancel my reservation there. That was to have been my first stay there.

When I first started staying there (after it reopened), the management was fantastic - everything was great.
However, there was a continuing series of management changes - it got to the point that one stay was so bad, I didn't go back for quite a while.

When I did go back, the nightly rate had shot up - and lo and behold, the management changes had stopped, the front desk staff had completely changed, some remodeling had been completed, and things were in fact better than before. That being said, the average nightly rate there is out of my work travel budget - so I haven't stayed there is several months.

In light of all of that, I don't think you are going to find a lower rate at that property, especially for a peak weekend - without a chain-wide sale or promotion of some sort.
-Bay Lake Tower
-Saratoga Springs
-Hilton Head Island
csharpwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
jls886
DIS Veteran

Really the only chain that I have found to have a blanket corporate code that can honestly be used by anyone (instead of IBM's code, or my company's code, etc) is Hilton.

0560041604 works at Hampton Inn, Doubletree, and Embassy Suites.
N0041604 works at Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, and select Hilton Grand Vacations locations.

I have randomly found discounts or corporate codes for other chains just be searching. FlyerTalk is a great resource that a PP mentioned. But they really are few and far between. I have used other corporate codes at Marriott because the code is the same at all hotels. Hilton changes theirs for each hotel and each company. My company had a very specific code for our Doubletree hotel in New Jersey near my last client, and that code was specific to that hotel and could not be used at other Doubletrees.

ETA: 'Liking' the hotel chains (like specifically Hyatt Place) can sometimes lead to discounts. Certain properties sometimes offer discounts through facebook or twitter.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #14
jls886
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsa1993 View Post
Do you know any discount codes for Hyatt Place?

Thanks.
The only thing I found with a quick search is:

AAA www.hyatt.com/aaa , AARP www.hyatt.com/aarp and Costco www.hyatt.com/costco members often have specials that include breakfast or a hotel credit or slightly less expensive rates.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
mrsa1993
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The only thing I found with a quick search is:

AAA www.hyatt.com/aaa , AARP www.hyatt.com/aarp and Costco www.hyatt.com/costco members often have specials that include breakfast or a hotel credit or slightly less expensive rates.
Thanks for doing that. I never thought of going through Costco... I am a member. Thanks again for spending time looking that up for me.
mrsa1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: