Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
threesit@yahoo.com
Chefminnie

DP tagalong

Hi!

My husband will be there on business, and the rest of our family is going, too. I have reserved us a separate room with the DP. On the weekend, he is on his own, so if he comes to a sit down dinner with the whole family, can I buy two dinners from MY plan and give him one?

Thanks!!!!!
2001 Disney Magic and Contemporary
2001 Disney MAGIC !
2004 Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado
2006 Disney WONDER, POFQ
2007 Disney Magic !
2008 Port Orleans, Riverside
2011 Port Orleans
2013 Coronado Springs

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...1kawf7r8da.png

Last edited by threesit@yahoo.com; 01-31-2013 at 08:58 PM.
threesit@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesit@yahoo.com View Post
Hi!

My husband will be there on business, and the rest of our family is going, too. I have reserved us a separate room with the DP. On the weekend, he is on his own, so if he comes to a sit down dinner with the whole family, can I buy two dinners from MY plan and give him one?

Thanks!!!!!
When you say you have reserved "us" a room with the dining plan is the "us" refering to you and your husband? If he is on the room res then he will have the same dining plan as you.

If your husband is not on the resort reservation then according to the rules of the dining plan you cannot use your dining credits for anyone who is not on the reservation. Also, your KTTW card will reflect the number of adults and children registered in the room and that will be maximum number of adult and children's meals you'll be able to order at one time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

If he is listed in your room for the whole week, then you'd have to pay for the DDP for him for the whole week. If he is not listed in your room then no, you would not be able to use a dining credit to pay for his meal. Disney is now very strict on this. Waiters are not allowed to let you order more meals than the number of people showing up on your room key. If your room key shows 1A 2C, then all the waiter is allowed to let you order is one adult meal and two kids meals.

This is what the WDW DDP broshure says under FAQ:
Q. Can I use my Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family members who
are not included in my reservation or have not purchased a Disney dining plan?
A. Sorry, you may not use your Disney Dining Plan to redeem meals for friends or family
members who are not included in your reservation or have not purchased a Disney
dining plan.

Sort of along the same line: last Feb my husband and I took our grandson to WDW on the DxDDP. Our last couple of days we realized we were going to have credits left over (due to skipping some ADRs we had scheduled), so asked to order an adult meal for him. Even though he was listed in the room with us and we had paid for his DxDDP, every single restaurant refused, saying we were only allowed to order exactly what was on our room key which was 2A 1C. Even when we told them we were just trying to use up extra credits and they could see we would be leaving the next day, they still wouldn't let us order anything other than 2 adult meals and 1 kids meal that was on the room key. We even tried to get an adult meal to go, to eat later and was denied at every single TS. Now our last day the CS at our resort did allow us to use up four adult meals and two kids meals to go to the airport, but only after a manager looked at it and verified that we were checking out that day and needed to use up the credits, but not a single TS restaurant would allow us to order an extra adult meal. Knowing the rules, I didn't really expect them to, but thought since those credits would be going to waste and it was the last two days of the trip, thought it might be worth a try.

Last edited by aubriee; 02-01-2013 at 05:11 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

If he is not going to be registered in your room, then no, you won't be able to use your account to buy him a meal.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
threesit@yahoo.com
Chefminnie

Thanks!!!

Thank you all for your help! I am super appreciative!!!!
2001 Disney Magic and Contemporary
2001 Disney MAGIC !
2004 Port Orleans Riverside, Coronado
2006 Disney WONDER, POFQ
2007 Disney Magic !
2008 Port Orleans, Riverside
2011 Port Orleans
2013 Coronado Springs

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers...1kawf7r8da.png
threesit@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: