Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
emilykarpinski
Earning My Ears

Native Way Watersports Grand Cayman

In the midst of this crazy blizzard up north I figured I think of some warmer times and plan a little for my family's cruise in July. We will be visiting Grand Cayman on the Western and are starting to think of excursions. I found a company named "Native Way Watersports" and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the company? Do they offer quality and fun excursions? My family is willing to try almost anything, we love to snorkel, go on the beach, you name it we'll give it a go. So if anyone has any advice/first hand experiences, that'd be fantastic! Thank you!
emilykarpinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
bam
Never Enough Vacations

Native Ways - great service

We used them for the Rays, Reef and Rum Tour and they were excellent. Reasonable prices and great customer service. When you pull up to Stingray City and see the Cruise Ship excursion boats packed like cattle and their guests all crowded in the water, while youre in a great location getting focused attention you know you made a great decision. I would use them again for sure.
bam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
emilykarpinski
Earning My Ears

About how many people were on the boat? We'll be traveling with 17 people, do you think we'd fill up the boat?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
We used them for the Rays, Reef and Rum Tour and they were excellent. Reasonable prices and great customer service. When you pull up to Stingray City and see the Cruise Ship excursion boats packed like cattle and their guests all crowded in the water, while you're in a great location getting focused attention you know you made a great decision. I would use them again for sure.
Were you on the Fantasy when you did the Native Way excursion? I will be on the Fantasy in May and our time in Grand Cayman is very short, 11:30 - 4:45. I think I read somewhere on this forum that The Fantasy can only do Rays and Rum Point due to the time restraints. No reef. Is that correct? Would the excursion still be worth it? Would we have enough time for this due to the tendering process. I know the excursions booked through Disney get to tender first. It sounds like a great excursion, but it also sounds like it will be rushed . Thank you for any advice you can lend.
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
Imedley200
Mouseketeer

We used them in November for the Stingray, Coral Garden and Starfish trip (we were on the Magic). It was a good trip and glad we picked them. Andrew and Andrew were great guides and the stingrays were a once in a lifetime experience. We were in GC over the time change and that caused some headaches but we personally had no problem (we were just an hour early). With 17 people you'd probably fill the boat but email them, Sharon the owner replied to mine promptly and answered my questions.
Imedley200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

We used them in June for the Western Fantasy cruise. We had about 55 people from the DIS board and they took three boats. One family booked with them and told the rest of us on the DIS Meet and we ended up with enough people for 3 of their boats. By filling the boats they changed the departure time, where we were going and return time to meet our needs.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

We have used Native Way twice. Most recently was July 2012. It was a fantastic day! We had Andrew and Andrew all to ourselves! Our excursion was the. Starfish, sting rays, and coral garden. Beautiful, fun, and I highly recommend them!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
emilykarpinski
Earning My Ears

My fellow commenter brings up a great point! Since while my family and I are on the Fantasy the port time is 11:30 to 4:45 I'm curious to know which ones we'd be capable of doing. I know we have to take the ferry type thing from the ship to the actual island, which cuts down on even more precious time, so has anyone done the reef one or any for that matter, with the time constraint of the Fantasy? You all are certainly talking me into it but I definitely don't want to miss the boat!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

We were on the Fantasy last summer and did the starfish, stingrays and coral garden tour. I would recommend you contact them, they would be able to tell you which excursions would work in the time frame. Here's a few pictures from our trip with them:

Old 02-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
susiee
Earning My Ears

We went on the stingray, coral garden and star fish tour in Nov on our Fantasy cruise. That trip was specifically for Fantasy ship passengers only. It was a great time. We had about 5 families, so 20 or 22 people. We met just outside the gate and went right to the boat. The trip lasted about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, and they just took us right back to the cruise ship port. No worries about being late! The waters were a little rough that day but we had a great time! We would recommend them.
susiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #11
erinfarber
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom View Post
We were on the Fantasy last summer and did the starfish, stingrays and coral garden tour. I would recommend you contact them, they would be able to tell you which excursions would work in the time frame. Here's a few pictures from our trip with them:

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. I have an email into Native way asking if this port adventure will work with our very short port time. I will post the answer when I hear back.
erinfarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #12
VivaciousC
Earning My Ears

This tour looks great! Were there any refreshments available on the boat, or should you plan to eat/drink on the cruise ship before or after the trip?
VivaciousC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: