Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Pre-Trip Report - Third DVC Trip

It's a long winter but our third DVC trip is a couple of weeks away. This will be our shortest and fewest members in our group ever. After our last June trip, DW and DD noticed we had 144 points left and that's just enough for a one bedroom at BLT in March for four nights. During Thanksgiving break, we decided to add on one paid night at CR.
It was a fun time trying to add the one CR night. DW called WDW on a Saturday morning and found one night at BC or CR. We decided to think it over. In the end, even though we thought one night near EPCOT would be cool, an easier transition to BLT would be best. Unfortunately, when we called back later in the day, the rooms were gone. We booked one night at Poly instead. We tried later in the day but no change. Long story short, we ended up getting one night, MK view at CR. Nice !!!
Seems even thought this is my 15th trip to the World, there's always something new or old to be excited about.

The New:
  • Looking forward to the New FantasyLand and have reservations for Be Our Guest
  • New Test Track
  • Dinner at Flying Fish and The Wave.
  • Backstage tour of AK
  • DD's first time at La Nouba. (We won 2 free tickets from The Dis !)

The Old:
  • BLT - DD and DW are crazy for BLT and excited to go back. We're hoping for a room higher up in the building
  • Wanting to stay up late and see night time shows. And, some earlier park openings. Yes, commando again !
  • We have lots of great dinner reservations including Kona, Prime Time and forementioned.

Can't wait. Two more weeks of work and we're off to the World!

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

DVC_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

I'll be watching for updates so I can pretend I am there - -
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
DVC_Dreamer
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse. - Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
I'll be watching for updates so I can pretend I am there - -
Good thinking. We pretend we're there all the time. It's fun to plan and talk about the upcoming trip. It's important to always have an upcoming trip. As soon as this one is over we'll begin to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip.

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
DVC_Dreamer

Cool Update

Plans have changed to the good.

We're able to leave a bit earlier than originally planned so now we've extended our trip to a whole week. We checked out online reservations and noticed CR was available for Fri & Sat. The price for the extra nights was really high. DW called and was able to match our Sun night stay price + $20 per night. Outstanding!
I was really feeling shortchanged by only going for 5 nights. Something about a full week just sounds a whole lot better.
Now we have 3 nights on the front end for CR, MK view and 4 nights, one bedroom, lake view to finish off the week.
One week before we take flight. Get me out of this cold, snowy NE weather!

August 2011

June 2012

March 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: