Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
kermit116
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy."

Loved the "Seven in Seven" segment

I really loved the Seven resorts in Seven Days segment on the podcast this week. It was really nice to hear a snapshot review of so many resorts. I also enjoyed the comparisons between the resorts as you hopped from location to location. Can't wait for the next segment in May! Keep up the great work!
kermit116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

Thanks, I appreciate that. I was happy with the segment, but I wanted to be able to go into more detail on each resort. I'm entertaining the thought of 're-recording' one segment on each resort - maybe 15 minutes each. Still a quick overview but a little more detail. As we got to the last few resorts, I felt we had to rush to keep it from going on for 2 hours

Pete
Old 02-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
TaleasoldasTime
Mouseketeer

Watching the 7 in 7 show while we are snowed in!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterPete
Thanks, I appreciate that. I was happy with the segment, but I wanted to be able to go into more detail on each resort. I'm entertaining the thought of 're-recording' one segment on each resort - maybe 15 minutes each. Still a quick overview but a little more detail. As we got to the last few resorts, I felt we had to rush to keep it from going on for 2 hours

Pete
Maybe in video format, with pics of the food, the resort and the rooms. Maybe add the short video of the specific resort a the beginning and then the review. It would be cool to be able to watch a 15-20 video on any resort to help make an informed decision as to whether or not you would like to stay there. Having an honest review after the overview would be awesome.
Just a thought...

We found ourselves watching a lot video yesterday off of the YouTube channel and what a great job all of you are doing there. We were snowed in so that helped warm us up a bit yesterday.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
,OCT 14 POR

Last edited by DisneyDaddy-O; 02-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.
DisneyDaddy-O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

I loved the 7 in 7--while I do not listen to the podcast, I do get my DIS info emails and read and link from there. I also loved the Disney Park/Resort Bench idea too. It is a wonderful fix when you are 8 months out from the next trip. Thanks so much.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I think show like this one are what the video podcast should be, as it really benefits from seeing it as you get what everyone is taking about.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

As someone planning a first WDW trip, I thought the 7 in 7 segment was awesome! The video format is perfect for this type of segment. I learned a lot and can't wait for the next one!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: