Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
POB14
Colleen and Mary's BaBa
Feet are, without doubt, the best argument AGAINST intelligent design I can imagine!

Sea World Shows: Mini-Reviews

We're back from our first Sea World trip, and so here are some very short reviews of the shows we got to see.

Blue Horizons - The dolphins are fun to watch, and the acrobatics are too. I'm not sure how well they fit together, though. Entertainment value is high, but I was expecting to hear more about the animals (as in the Shedd Aquarium show in Chicago). This goes for all the shows; there's very little educational value to them.

Clyde & Seamore - Fun show, aimed more at the sense of humor of the grade-schoolers, but with a few parental bonuses here and there. The mime who works the pre-show is absolutely great.

One Ocean - Not on a par with Blue Horizons, in my opinion. Some may not like the in-your-face environmentalism (that was actually a plus for me, but not for everyone, I'm sure). Protip: When it says "soak zone," it doesn't mean "you might get wet," it means "you will need to hike out to your car to change clothes."

Pets Ahoy - The best show in the park. Seriously. The one show that has nothing to do with the sea, at Sea World, is the most fun. All the animals (dogs, cats, birds, pigs, a skunk, and I don't remember what else) are shelter rescues, and some are adoptable.

Turtle Trek - While not exactly a "show," I'm throwing it in here. It's quite good, but I think I overhyped myself; somehow I expected more. The 3D gets kind of blurry. Pay attention to the preshow, they tell you about things you'll see and some things will make more sense. (By this I mean "shut up and listen when the Team Member is talking, doggone it!")

Didn't get to see A'Lure.

Questions? Other opinions?
Old 02-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Glad you had fun. I love all the shows and I do like all the info in the one ocean show. You must go back so you can see allure. You will like it. I had never seen til my dds girl scout troop went last yr and it is really neat.
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
bull2saintleo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by POB14 View Post
Pay attention to the preshow, they tell you about things you'll see and some things will make more sense. (By this I mean "shut up and listen when the Team Member is talking, doggone it!")
Yeah, agreed. I wouldve gotten more out of it if the manatee/turtle areas were after the movie, that way you could actually observe the animals without the louder guests.
bull2saintleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull2saintleo

Yeah, agreed. I wouldve gotten more out of it if the manatee/turtle areas were after the movie, that way you could actually observe the animals without the louder guests.
You do observe them after without the loud guest. And there is a SW employee there that talks about and answers questions too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: