Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 AM   #1
Allieran3
Live in my magical Disney bubble with Grumpy and a teenager!!!

Older CP hopefuls.

Hi all, I figured it would be cool to have a place for us older CP to go and say hey, and if anyone has any worries or question. It's also a great way to find some roommates.

I'm Loni 35 on program
Looking to do Fall
At WDW
Character Attendant, Custodial, or MEO.

Goodluck to all who have applied!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

Hi, Loni!
I'm Charleen. 40+. I applied for Concierge, Hospitality, and Merchandising for Fall 2013. Currently a Travel & Tourism student at a local college. I have my phone interview on Tuesday. Very excited.
2008 - Jan - YC CL, Oct - ASM, Dec - POP
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2012 - Jan-POP/ASM, May - BLT/VWL, Aug-OKW
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
cmhand30 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
Allieran3

Good luck Charleen.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Yay to being able to relate to older CP hopefuls!! My name is Debbie and this is my third time applying. Both first two times I made it to the wait list then was denied the last week of decisions. I applied last night and my app skipped the web interview stage (since they already had it on file from my prev apps last year) and I have an interview on Valentine's Day at 7:15 pm.

I am in my late 50's and have an Associates degree in hospitality/tourism and currently in my senior year working towards a Bachelors in Business Management. I went back to college 3 years ago after my kids were grown and learned about the CP through the Disboards. This would be my dream come true being able to work in a hospitality role at Disneyland - during my first interview the very sweet recruiter was really helpful in letting me decide which resort I would prefer (Grand Californian) and our interview lasted 35 minutes. She also asked questions about living with roommates and she even asked if I would prefer a studio since I was so much older The second recruiter was very nice but the interview was short and said since I didn't choose roles other than hospitality that it may hinder my acceptance So this time I chose several other options that I know I would be happy in but kept hospitality roles as my highest preference.

Have either of you applied before? If so, how were your interviews and what types of questions did they ask? If you have any questions regarding my interviews, feel free to ask.

Good luck! (also did you apply for WDW or DL?)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
kytiam
DIS Veteran

I am so glad to hear that other "old folks" are doing the College Program! I am kind of obsessed with the hope of working at Disney after I retire from teaching (which I can do in 2 years). The worry that I may not get an interview thru the conventional application methods or after packing up everyting and moving to Florida that I may (Heaven forbid) not like working there...The CP seems like a great way to go.
So how old is too old? And how would it be living in an apartment with a bunch of 20 year olds? And would the 20 year olds be freaked out by having someone of my age in their apartment? (I am currently almost 53). Do many older adults participate?
kytiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

I am happy to see I am not the only "older" college applicant. I have previously worked for The Disney Store about 17 years ago. And I was hired last year for a part-time merchandising role but could not except due to a family issue that has since been resolved. Now I am good to go if I am accepted to the DCP.
I do have a DS 20 that is attending college in that neck of the woods. So it would be real nice to see him more often.
I have been watching the CP videos on youtube also. Lots of information is out there for the searching.
I am looking forward to hearing from more people!
2009 - Feb-POFQ, April-BWV, May-BC CL, June-DCL Magic, July-GF CL, Aug-BLT, Sep-BLT, Oct-POP, Dec SSR
2010 - Apr/May - POP/SSR, May - HHI/GF CL, July -SSR, Aug- WL CL, Oct-OKW, Dec-Poly CL
2011 - Feb -OKWX2, Mar - CSR, May - SOG, Jul-GFCL, AUG - CBR/ASSR, Oct -DCL Magic/BCR, Dec - WLR
2013 - Mar - YC CL/BCV, July - SSR, Aug - DCL Dream - 2014 - Sep - DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #7
Allieran3

I don't think there is ever a wrong age. I applied to WDW and have my phone interview on Friday. I would gladly be anyone of your roommates!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

My phone interview is tomorrow morning. So much for sleeping tonight.
I have been researching questions asked and writing down my answers. I would love to have roommates my age, but don't mind the young ones. I have kids that age. Good Luck everyone! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
Allieran3

Good luck!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

Phone interview is done

It took a whole 12 minutes. It was a female interviewer, she was nice and spoke well.
I was prepared with a list of questions I found here on Dis, Facebook, and Youtube. I sat in my bedroom on my favorite chair. Nothing on to distract me. I took a few notes. The only question I was not prepared for was if I have ever worked with a VIP. Took me a couple of seconds to think but I have in previous employment. And what do I expect from Disney as a guest? That was easy, I am there often. I did let her know at the end that I am very familiar with all the resorts except AKL. Some questions asked:
Why the Disney College Program?
Why qualify for top role?
Why top three choices?
How has previous jobs helped with choices?
Prefer outside or inside work?
Work in group or alone?
Deal with repetitive work?
Cash handling experience?
Familiar with Disney look and can you meet the guidelines? Along with that was to you have any visible tattoos? I said none visible. She then asked if visible in one piece swimsuit, where, and how big? I told her where, size and what it is.
She then let me know that I will have an answer in 2 weeks on my dashboard. And if accepted an e-mail will contain more information on dates, roles, who to contact, etc...
I am really stoked, I think I have a chance.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #11
misscpround2
Earning My Ears

Magical Days to Come :D

hi my name Melissa, I'm in my late twenties and look for mature roommates. I did a cp in 2010 and was the best experience of my life. I was a resort hopper, 4 months in housekeeping and 4 months on front desk at pop century. I got my phone interview is feb 19
misscpround2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
cmhand30
Princess & The Lost Boys

Welcome Melissa! Good luck on your interview.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
kytiam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhand30 View Post
My phone interview is tomorrow morning. So much for sleeping tonight.
I have been researching questions asked and writing down my answers. I would love to have roommates my age, but don't mind the young ones. I have kids that age. Good Luck everyone! I'll let ya'll know how it goes.
I like college age kids, too. and would be comfortable around most of them...I guess my concern is more how the college age kids would react to having a roommate as old or older than their mom!
But whatever... I can't even consider this for a couple more years. But for those of you who are applying now, best of luck to you!! Keep us posted on you progress!
kytiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
Allieran3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscpround2
hi my name Melissa, I'm in my late twenties and look for mature roommates. I did a cp in 2010 and was the best experience of my life. I was a resort hopper, 4 months in housekeeping and 4 months on front desk at pop century. I got my phone interview is feb 19
Hi, I'm Loni 34 looking for mature roommates too! Good luck on your interview, mine is on Friday!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhand30 View Post
Phone interview is done

It took a whole 12 minutes. It was a female interviewer, she was nice and spoke well.
I was prepared with a list of questions I found here on Dis, Facebook, and Youtube. I sat in my bedroom on my favorite chair. Nothing on to distract me. I took a few notes. The only question I was not prepared for was if I have ever worked with a VIP. Took me a couple of seconds to think but I have in previous employment. And what do I expect from Disney as a guest? That was easy, I am there often. I did let her know at the end that I am very familiar with all the resorts except AKL. Some questions asked:
Why the Disney College Program?
Why qualify for top role?
Why top three choices?
How has previous jobs helped with choices?
Prefer outside or inside work?
Work in group or alone?
Deal with repetitive work?
Cash handling experience?
Familiar with Disney look and can you meet the guidelines? Along with that was to you have any visible tattoos? I said none visible. She then asked if visible in one piece swimsuit, where, and how big? I told her where, size and what it is.
She then let me know that I will have an answer in 2 weeks on my dashboard. And if accepted an e-mail will contain more information on dates, roles, who to contact, etc...
I am really stoked, I think I have a chance.
Sounds like you had a great interview - a little shorter than my first interview last year and about the same amount of time as my 2nd interview this Fall. Many of the questions were similar except with the 2nd one (why qualify for top role?). I recall my first interviewer asked about living with roommates and I told her I had raised 5 kids and always had a houseful of guests and she said that should prepare me for living in housing but she also said she was going to try to get a studio if I felt comfortable with that. I hope I get the same interviewer this time around! My 2nd interviewer was much shorter and to the point.

I really hope you get in - are you applying for WDW CP?

Also is anyone else here applying to the Disneyland CP?

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: