Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #61
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBIJim View Post

Yep, one of my favorite things at the supermarket is to check out other peoples' carts and form instant opinions about their lives.

Jim
I was kind of a joke
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #62
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Remind myself never ever to go shopping in a supermarket in the US

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #63
penn19
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Remind myself never ever to go shopping in a supermarket in the US
I have never been anywhere in Europe, so can't comment to the stores over there, but yea, some of the things you see in stores here? Yikes! I know its a sore subject with some people on the Dis, but google People of Walmart.
penn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #64
Brownsfan317
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

OK show of hands--who has had a "lady" reach into her cleavage and pull out money, and hand it to you?
That "lady" is my mother-in-law!!! Her cleavage is her wallet. She pulls out cash, driver's license, cell phone. Keys go under the bra strap. I swear she must have to buy a larger size bra just to fit all of trinkets in there.

Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club June 2013
Port Orleans Riverside January 2013
All Star Sports/AKL September/October 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter July 2009
Old Key West November 2006

Multiple trips starting in 1986-stayed off site at "Irene's Steakhouse" aka Best Grandparents in the World's Home!
Brownsfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #65
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan317 View Post
That "lady" is my mother-in-law!!! Her cleavage is her wallet. She pulls out cash, driver's license, cell phone. Keys go under the bra strap. I swear she must have to buy a larger size bra just to fit all of trinkets in there.
My aunt is that woman too. We found a bra with a zippered pocket. We told her about it jokingly but she wants one.
sunshinehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #66
Brownsfan317
Mouseketeer

I used to be a retail manager. Here are a few quick ones:

1. Our cart attendants had an article in our monthly newsletter tallying the number of "Code Browns" they took care of. We had a problem in our store for awhile where someone (or more than one) would go to quieter sections of the store (backside of an aisle right before closing) and use the bathroom right there!

2. We had a recurring problem with someone using one of the stalls in the women's restroom. The problem was that they did not use the toilet and the walls of the stall were covered all the way up!

3. A woman wanted to return stained women's panties. When my co-worker refused, the woman threw them in her face!!!

4. When I first became a manager, one of my employees came to me because two girls were in one of the fitting rooms, uh, enjoying each other's company (or at least it sounded like they were enjoying each other!). At the time I did not have the guts to interrupt, so I told my employee if I can't do it, I cannot expect her to say anything. I just sealed the stall they used afterward for the cleaning company to disinfect.

5. Was the manager over lingerie for awhile. Had a phone call from a customer asking questions about what we sold. She ended up telling me that I was such a nice person I should "get together" with her AND her boyfriend!

Caribbean Beach/Yacht Club June 2013
Port Orleans Riverside January 2013
All Star Sports/AKL September/October 2011
Port Orleans French Quarter July 2009
Old Key West November 2006

Multiple trips starting in 1986-stayed off site at "Irene's Steakhouse" aka Best Grandparents in the World's Home!
Brownsfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #67
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericangirlinFrance View Post
Oh, that is my pet peeve - people opening food and eating it in the store while they are shopping. Really, you can't wait at least until you get out to your car to open that bag of chips?
And these peoples kids think it is OK to go through the lunch line at school and eat while they wait in line to pay. I swear, I have to tell kids everyday you do not open a bag of chips until AFTER you pay for it
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #68
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2005 View Post
I've got that one beat & I was brand new too!!! Talk about "EWWWW" factor. It was the local homeless guy (trust me...he told you and everyone he was homeless, needed a shower to get rid of an ear infection and his brother was the lead singer of Chicago but quit right before they got big!)...anyway....he literally took his boot off (had to go sit down to do it) to get his money out of his shoe. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness we do have hand sanitizer around....I think I just had the look of shock & horror when he did that. He had been in before but this was the first time we had the boot issue. You know...as much as people don't like self check-out -- I was beyond thrilled the last time he was in and used it. I did not have to touch the money.
OMG...This kind of stuff starts young..I had a kid who used to take his sweaty money out of his shoe to pay me for his lunch.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #69
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
THIS!! And then the customer says "How did it come to xxx amount?? I didn't buy that much!" And then they ask you to show them the items on the computer screen one by one, and show them where the tax is added in etc. etc. Eventually they realize that yes indeed they did spend that much....and finally decide to pay you. All the while muttering and shaking their head.
Similar..I get kids who will owe me $4.00, they hand me a $10 to put on their account (so now they have $6)...buy lunch ($2), drink($1) and a snack($1) (because they *just* put all this money on their account that day and now have $2.00 left. So I will get...what do you mean I only have $2.00..I just gave you $10.
So I have to go through pulling up their account and explaining where all their money went.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #70
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

This thread is and
anniemae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #71
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownsfan317 View Post
Oh, my! I'd never seen or heard of anyone doing that until a couple months ago, this family was in a store shopping near me, and the mother was talking on the phone. When she finished she stuck it down her ample cleavage. I nearly lost it. My mouth flew open, and I had to leave the area! I can imagine it was safe there!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: