Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
Bob NC
DIS Veteran
I am a trained professional
$7.61
Wilma Flintstone can vacuum my floors with a baby elephant anyday!

One of my stranger grocery stories was an older lady I encountered in the freezer section. I watched as she was picking up half gallon containers of Neopolitan ice cream, you know the ice cream that is 1/3 vanilla, 1/3 strawberry and 1/3 chocolate.

She would pick one up, pull off that cardboard zip strip thingy, open the top, look in and then put it back on the shelf.

I watched her open about 8 or 9 packages before I walked up to her,

"Do you mind my asking what you are looking for?"

She says, "I'm looking for one with a little more strawberry in it."
Bob NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Mokat76
DisKat

This thread may turn me into a doomsday prepper, ewwwwwwww. Cannot imagine how gross some people really are. Of course, I'm laughing as I read it in abject horror.
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemountainmom View Post

2. A woman comes through my line with non-essemtial stuff like shampoo and hair styling products. Her @ 7 year old daughter whines, "mommmy" and starts vomiting into a garbage can that she was carrying. Obviously the poor dear was sick and mom absolutely could not do without shampoo. I was furious. I wanted to go wash my hands, but have a huge line of people. I rang for a manager and was ignored. I couldn't believe that a mom would drag her barfing child out and rudely infect the rest of the world. I felt sorry for the kid.
I once had one very similar. Expect the mom didn't have enough of a brain to even give her kid a bucket. She just let her barf her way thru the store. Housekeeping had a grand time following behind her.

Then there was the time a lady puked into a bag and handed it to a cashier to dispose of.

OK show of hands--who has had a "lady" reach into her cleavage and pull out money, and hand it to you?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #19
LoserMomma
Mouseketeer

Hey! That's what cleavage is for!

I once saw a kid reach into one of those big barrels of pickles, pull out a big koshar dill, suck on it, then put it back.

Yes, mom saw it.

No, mom didn't say a word.

YES, I did say something!
LoserMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
2Kds2K9
DIS Veteran

No.....Cleavage is for setting your phone in and walking, talking and shopping all at the same time! I was impressed!
2Kds2K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
OK show of hands--who has had a "lady" reach into her cleavage and pull out money, and hand it to you?
Oh, me, me! Summer in south Georgia, A/C not keeping up and this woman digs around in her very, very ample chest area and pulls out money. Not only was it **** sweat money, it was drenched. She hands it to me like it's no big deal, apparently the look on my face was I somehow manage to ring her up, thanked her and as soon as her back was turned I hightailed it to the sink and scrubbed my hands. What is wrong with people?
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #22
tigercat
Cook, clean and foot massage. Boy that sounds like heaven!
I dislocated my jaw when I ate a piece of lettuce

One time a lady in front of me had to smell each bill before she would hand it to the cashier. The cashier didn't seem to mind it as she also showed her cleavage every time she would bend down to place the bills on the counter. He was male. If it had of been me I would have been disgusted. She apparently loves money.
tigercat
tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I once had one very similar. Expect the mom didn't have enough of a brain to even give her kid a bucket. She just let her barf her way thru the store. Housekeeping had a grand time following behind her.

Then there was the time a lady puked into a bag and handed it to a cashier to dispose of.

didn't really bother me unless it was in the 80's and humid and the woman walked to the store..so the money was a little wet.

I worked in a grocery store for close to 17 years. Did the overnight shift for 5 of those...late nights for a while before finishing up on days (and not cashing anymore)...boy do I have stories.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #24
LuvsDragonflies
DIS Veteran

OMG! I have GOT to do that with my phone, shoved in my bra on speaker while I shop!

and girl, if you have some stories, do tell!

Last week I had a woman dump her cat food cans onto the conveyor and ask me if it was cat food did it count as one item. I told her no, the lady behind her just shook her head. I rang her up and sent her out the door with a smile, what else can ya do right?

I've also had two propositions to move in with a couple of elderly men. Well, can I bring my two kids, two dogs, two cats, my neice and her two kids too?

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~ Abraham Lincoln
"Give me the storm and stress of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith"-- Robert G. Ingersoll
LuvsDragonflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Tarheel Tink
Cosmos mariner-destination unknown
I've shown in obedience and know the thrill you must feel
Using "robots" means I can DIS

Location: North Carolina Coast (California, Oahu, New York,Washington D.C., etc. as a military brat)

I passed a woman leaving the store with a mouthful and double handfuls of toothpicked deli meat and cheese samples. She was so overloaded she dropped one, picked it up using her free pinky finger and continued on out (not dropping it in the trash). I watched this Deli Jenga in horrified fascination forgetting it was not television and she could see me.

Tarheel Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

If you see a women in a store with a soda in hand with reception it is me can't get enough to drink
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 PM   #27
Nancy
I get all twitterpatted when he does that!
I eat hot dogs from both ends
Oh Mom, that's so tacky..we live in an upscale area
SHH, don't tell anyone but I'm on the computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsDragonflies View Post
OMG! I have GOT to do that with my phone, shoved in my bra on speaker while I shop!

and girl, if you have some stories, do tell!

Last week I had a woman dump her cat food cans onto the conveyor and ask me if it was cat food did it count as one item. I told her no, the lady behind her just shook her head. I rang her up and sent her out the door with a smile, what else can ya do right?

I've also had two propositions to move in with a couple of elderly men. Well, can I bring my two kids, two dogs, two cats, my neice and her two kids too?
There was one night where a very intoxicated guy came in to buy more beer. We let him go all the way back to the cooler and make his way all the way up front before telling him we wouldn't sell it. The 12 pack he was trying to buy was throwing off his balance so badly that he was staggering from one side of the aisle to the other and banging into the shelves.

Then we had a girl come in and hot on her heels were about 5 police...she got arrested for drunk driving..her car out in the parking lot was 100 % not parked anywhere remotely close to a parking spot.

One of my favorites...I went to take an empty cart back to the vestibule and walked out to see 2 guys popping the front of the gumball machines, I looked like this , they looked like . I ran back inside and called the manager and he called police..of course they got away..but did not get any money because I walked out there at the right time.

We were also close to the college campus so it was always interesting when it was pledging time.

We had a girl come running through the store wearing only balloons strategically placed.

One of our regulars used to tear his money a little bit before handing it over to the cashier. One night when she gave him his change back she did the same thing before giving it to him and totally freaked him out.

I was also robbed at gunpoint..which was not funny, but is something I will never forget.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #28
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

This week I was trying on a shoe and a lady reached through the rack and took the second one! I didn't realize what had happened until she had walked away. She then stalked me throughout the store, watching me from behind racks of clothing. After about half an hour, she left. When I went to pay, I told the cashier my bizarre story. I honestly found the whole thing hilarious. She was horrified and kept apologizing. She said the lady told her she couldn't find the other shoe. Did she want them to search everyone's carts? Issue a store-wide Code Adam on a shoe? Or was she expecting to pay half-price for half a pair of shoes? Before she left, she hid the shoe somewhere in the store.

Around Xmas, i was shopping with my brother for his wife. He needed to stop in Walmart and rather than go to the one just past his house, he wanted to go to the Ghetto Walmart that we were near. I warned him. I told him I didn't mind driving past his house to go to the other Walmart. So we go in, he finds a couple things, we get to the register. We are next in line. The cashier bends over under the register. I realize she is vomiting!!! After getting a nearby cashier to call someone to help this poor woman, we get in another line. Because ew. Five or so minutes later, we are checked out and the Vomiting Cashier is still working.
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #29
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

I am a supervisor in a retail store. At any given time I am asking kids to sit down in carts so they don't fall... We always try and do it politely with a smile & casual tone. "Hi sweetie, can you please sit down so you don't fall? I don't want any broken heads". Occasionally we will address the parents when it looks really dangerous (very wobbly tall infant with oblivious parent looking the other way) but typically that's not our approach. Management says its cheaper to have mad shopper than dr. bills when child falls.

Anyways, to my point... I got yelled at today because I asked a child to sit down in my casual kid friendly way. Mom was mad because her child won't fall since the cart wasn't moving (FYI- that is not a tool to prevent falling, I've see just the opposite). She was also mad because I told her child what to do. Hello! My casual child's voice is friendlier than my adult "our company policy says your child needs to be sitting down at all times" speech?!

Grrrrr! Thanks for letting me vent!
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #30
JessB320
DIS Veteran

This thread has made me laugh so freaking hard tonight!!! I made the mistake of going to the Walmart tonight (shudders). I was wrangling my two youngest kids which felt more like herding cats and just. Wanted.out.of.there!! Get in the check out, the cashier gets bogged down counting someone's GIANT bag of change for a $30 purchase ALL in change. I switch lines. I'm then behind a gentleman who is DROOLING all over the conveyor belt. Awesome. So I go ahead and switch lines again. By the time I get out of there I'm swearing to myself never again, never again will I go to Walmart.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: