Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #16
Jennifer16
Earning My Ears

I cancelled a CRT dining reservation online in October - it was originally charged to DH credit card (first mistake). We still didn't have the refund at the beginning of December. My DH called credit card company ... which I think triggered something. That same day I called Disney and they said the cancellation just went through that day??? When I told the CM that I had cancelled months ago, she said that the online system often experiences a delay. I told her this did not make sense as I received the confirmation email immediately and Disney doesn't delay charging for the original reservation. She then proceeded to tell me that it could still take up to 3 months for the refund to get posted to the Credit Card. We didn't see the refund until January. Needless to say my DH was not happy!!
Jennifer16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I just changed a reservation from a split stay with room only to a package and they told me it would take up to a week for the refund to show up on my credit card. I just checked and it's been there for 4 days already so it only took a couple days.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #18
d23
Earning My Ears

How long does it really take Disney to refund your money?

Quote:
How long does it really take Disney to refund your money?
Credits take 3-5 business days and this is standard for all companies.

Why does it not show up instantly like a charge? Well, a charge takes 3-5 business days to process from your account as well. But the bank puts a hold on the money so that you don't overspend and you see the "pending charge" instantly.

So banks don't do cash advances for credits and it will take the full 3-5 business days until you see it.

Quote:
The CM said it can take 3 billing cycles to get the refund?? 3 months?
No, it doesn't mean three months. This is if you're looking at paper statements coming in the mail it could come on this month's charge statement or the next depending on when it happened in the month.

But now most people check their account daily online. So spieling 3 billing cycles can be very confusing to most people.

Quote:
I foolishly used my debit.
Yeah, I never use my debit card at resorts. At many hotels, the charge amount is manually keyed-in by the front desk agent. Missing a decimal point can change your $200 charge to a $2000 one. Along with other errors that may occur, it's best just to use a credit card to avoid all your money being tied up.

Quote:
I also worked at a bank and its quite simple- the bank doesn't hold the credit- when the bank receives it they credit you. I've noticed lately that companies like to blame the bank- I commented to a walmart employee about the item I was returning and how the credit takes a week and she was quick to blame the bank but its not true.
I mean, if we were really going to blame someone, wouldn't it be the banking institution who has the archaic system in place that takes a week to move money back to your account?
d23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by d23 View Post
I mean, if we were really going to blame someone, wouldn't it be the banking institution who has the archaic system in place that takes a week to move money back to your account?
The transfer itself can take 3-5 days (sometimes longer) which includes the processing time on the merchant's end and processing time on the bank's end. Its not due to an "archaic system" - someone has to batch process the ACH debits and credits at a certain time daily. If yours was received after the cut off that day, it will go in at the end of the day the next day. It's really simple.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
mommy2mb
Mouseketeer

I cancelled a room only last year, and I think refund was back in checking 8-10 days. I also used a debit card. I know they told me 3 billing cycles and it didn't take that long.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #21
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mb View Post
I cancelled a room only last year, and I think refund was back in checking 8-10 days. I also used a debit card. I know they told me 3 billing cycles and it didn't take that long.
That's good news!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: