Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
monica9
DIS Veteran

Land and Sea w/ 3 or 4 night cruise?

Looking into a land and sea vacation for beginning of next year. It will be me, DH and DD5. A little background:
DD's favorites in order- Parades, meet and greet, character dining, rides, pool.
We've been on cruises 4 times in the past 7 years. None of which were Disney cruises. We've been to Disney the past 3 years in a row. 1st year she was only 2 and we went to MK for one day off a norwegian cruise. 2nd we stayed 8 days at carribean resort. last year we stayed 12 days and did 2 days seaworld the rest wilderness lodge. Our land and sea will most likely be AKL or BC depending on the number of days we end up at WDW. We have no desire to go back to HS anytime soon and would most likely visit Epcot everynight for a couple hours with Park hopper. That leaves us with one day AK and either 2 or 3 at MK/resort pool.

Question- 1.With the little information Ive given you, would you suggest 3 nights with 4 nights at wdw or 4 nights cruise 3 nights wdw.
2.Are there parades on cruise?
3. Are there enought opportunities for meet and greets on cruise so we won't have to do them while at wdw?
4. How much more do they do on the boat with that extra day?

Also, if we wanted warmer weather would we go beginning of Jan or beginning of Feb?

Thanks for the help!
Disney as a child: '82 CR,'84, CR,'85 CR,'87 CR,'88 CR,'89 CR....Disney as an adult: '03 off property, '04 off property, '10 1 day off cruise, '11 CBR (DD first trip!), 2012 WL, 2013 December 2013 BC Hoping for Fall 2015
DH(40) : Me(34) DD(6)
monica9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
MagicCreator
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica9
Looking into a land and sea vacation for beginning of next year. It will be me, DH and DD5. A little background:
DD's favorites in order- Parades, meet and greet, character dining, rides, pool.
We've been on cruises 4 times in the past 7 years. None of which were Disney cruises. We've been to Disney the past 3 years in a row. 1st year she was only 2 and we went to MK for one day off a norwegian cruise. 2nd we stayed 8 days at carribean resort. last year we stayed 12 days and did 2 days seaworld the rest wilderness lodge. Our land and sea will most likely be AKL or BC depending on the number of days we end up at WDW. We have no desire to go back to HS anytime soon and would most likely visit Epcot everynight for a couple hours with Park hopper. That leaves us with one day AK and either 2 or 3 at MK/resort pool.

Question- 1.With the little information Ive given you, would you suggest 3 nights with 4 nights at wdw or 4 nights cruise 3 nights wdw.
2.Are there parades on cruise?
3. Are there enought opportunities for meet and greets on cruise so we won't have to do them while at wdw?
4. How much more do they do on the boat with that extra day?

Also, if we wanted warmer weather would we go beginning of Jan or beginning of Feb?

Thanks for the help!
We just did a land and sea in November. We did a three night cruise and 4 nights in WDW. We have been to WDW the last 5 years so for us we wished us cruise was longer. My kids loved the cruise and wanted more time on the ship so a day at sea would have been ideal. But based on what you have listed as your favorites it sounds like a shorter cruise and more time in the World would be best for your family. There are no parades on the ship and on short cruises there are no character meals. There are opportunities to meet characters but this will depend on how much time you plan to be on the ship and what excursions you wish to do.

On the boat for the extra day you can do character meet and greets, your daughter can spend time in the kids club, swimming, Aquaduck (depending on which ship), and many other activities. Google and find old Navigators to give you an idea of what is available on the ship and what you would like to do.
MagicCreator is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #3
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

First time I went with DH and DD who was then 7 on a Disney cruise with the 3-night Sea and 4-night Land package, and found the cruise part too short. Went again with DD who's 14 on a 4-night cruise and still found it too short. We are going on the 7-night Med cruise this summer. I would recommend 4/3 Sea/Land split to enjoy the facilities and activities onboard. There is just so such to do!

Have fun planning!

AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

The character interactions that you get on the ship are far and above what you get in the parks or at a character meal at WDW. IMHO, I think a longer cruise without a park visit might be right up your alley. On a 7 night, there should be a character breakfast, and the opportunities to meet and greet the characters are endless! On sea days, there is usually the Princess Party, where 5-6 princesses line up in the lobby, little girls get dolled up in their finest princess garb, and they go and chat and meet each one. Its fabulous!
If you are set on doing parks AND cruise, I will definitely vote for the 4 night cruise, it at least gives you 1 day at sea, which I think is crucial.
Good luck deciding!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: