Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #16
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend

Pro-Tip: Those screw-lid tumblers with the built-in straws are perfect for mixing cocktails on board.
You are a pro!!!!
We take a whole crate of lager for him and a bottle of Bacardi for me (mix with free Sprite). That's for sail away day .. Next day in port, we'll grab some more. I'm kidding!!

We're on a B2B Med this summer and will be taking the aforementioned lager for him, then our local shop does little sachets of Piña Colada mix .. You just add ice and spiced rum and its boooootiful!! They're £1 each, so that's about $1.55 right now so not cheap, but really nice!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #17
calismic
Mouseketeer

Wine bag! Awesome for carrying alcohol. Our local State Store gave these away during the holiday season. Love them!

http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-6-Bot...words=wine+bag
calismic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 AM   #18
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post
Wine bag! Awesome for carrying alcohol. Our local State Store gave these away during the holiday season. Love them!

cool Publix has these too!!
tnkrbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismic View Post

Thanks!! I needed these to use at home when I shop for wine.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
tcrowley
Mouseketeer

Oct 2012 My dh and I went on the Dream my daughter got married on the ship. We took 4 5th of captain morgan in the plastic 5ths and was just fine we also took our own bubba kegs as well. Never had a problem with anyof it . We also took a soft side cooler for castaway cay . Then may 2014 we will travel again on the dream and prob bring 6 5th of captain LOLOLOLOL. I packedit in my checked luggae and never had a problem whats so ever

tcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
TinkBell10
DIS Veteran

What's funny is we always bring our own alcohol....wine, bacardi, and capt. morgan....then, we end up enjoying the drinks onboard better than our standard stuff. So, even with the generous alcohol policy, DCL still makes plenty of money off of us on drinks.
11/23/14 Magic

PAST CRUISES:05/2001 Sovereign of the Seas | 5/22/03 Wonder | 3/20/04 Magic | 5/27/06 Magic | 6/07/07 Wonder | 4/05/08 Magic| 6/13/09 Magic | 6/12/10 Carnival Dream | 6/12/11 Dream | 11/19/11 Magic | 6/09/12 Fantasy | 06/08/13 Fantasy | 11/23/13 Liberty of the Seas |

WDW: Too many times to count! On average--one weekend a month
TinkBell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #22
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrowley View Post
I packedit in my checked luggae and never had a problem whats so ever
This is expressly forbidden by DCL. While you might have gotten lucky before, there is no guarantee your luck will hold. Then many people's vacations could be ruined because you can't be bothered to carry it on like DCL tells you to. Oh, and you'll be stuck with the cleaning bill for anything you damage. Just carry it on.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #23
nkochrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
Pro-Tip: Those screw-lid tumblers with the built-in straws are perfect for mixing cocktails on board.
This is how I mix my drinks at home I'll definitely be bringing my tumbler with me
nkochrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #24
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrowley View Post
Oct 2012 My dh and I went on the Dream my daughter got married on the ship. We took 4 5th of captain morgan in the plastic 5ths and was just fine we also took our own bubba kegs as well. Never had a problem with anyof it . We also took a soft side cooler for castaway cay . Then may 2014 we will travel again on the dream and prob bring 6 5th of captain LOLOLOLOL. I packedit in my checked luggae and never had a problem whats so ever
You were lucky they didn't find it and take it until the end of the cruise.

You were also lucky nothing broke. If your alcohol breaks and wets somone else belongings, DCL will reqiure you to pay for the cleaning or replacement.

We all enjoy this perk and hope that cruisers don't break the rules and DCL removes the perk.

AKK

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #25
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
We all enjoy this perk and hope that cruisers don't break the rules and DCL removes the perk.
Since we don't drink, my main fear about them taking away carry on alcohol is that the incidences of smuggling in luggage will sky-rocket. Thus increasing the chances of something happening. If they ever take it away, they need to send the baggage screeners to study with the other cruise lines' screeners for a few weeks. Learn all the tricks of catching it, although I know stuff still gets missed on the other lines.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

I know it's been a year since I asked the question on how much to take. Well I find myself 10 days from our cruise and wanted to update you on what is packed and we are taking. I will let you know when we get back on if we took too much or we gave the left overs away to staff.

We are taking 3 bottles of Champagne, 1 bottle of Chardonnay, 1 bottle of Pinot Nior, 5 little wine bottle (basically 1 1/2 glasses each) of different kinds I got as a tasting set- all red wines, .75 of Grey Goose, 6 Mini's of Baileys, 6 Mini's of rum, 4 mini's of flavored vodka, 1 little bit bigger than a mini of tequila, and small bottle of Malibu, and 9 pint size aluminum cans of Coors Light.

Keep in mind we are traveling with 6 other adults and plan on having pre-dinner meets in our room and share.

Happy Cruising- Laura
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
DeniseMarie526
Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixie dust!

A 21 year old!

My Daughter turns 21 on our cruise so I know that I will be bringing a whole bunchabooze. Yes that is now a word according to my Daugter. She is saving to buy a whole bunchabooze....
Old 02-19-2014, 03:11 PM   #28
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
I know it's been a year since I asked the question on how much to take. Well I find myself 10 days from our cruise and wanted to update you on what is packed and we are taking. I will let you know when we get back on if we took too much or we gave the left overs away to staff.

We are taking 3 bottles of Champagne, 1 bottle of Chardonnay, 1 bottle of Pinot Nior, 5 little wine bottle (basically 1 1/2 glasses each) of different kinds I got as a tasting set- all red wines, .75 of Grey Goose, 6 Mini's of Baileys, 6 Mini's of rum, 4 mini's of flavored vodka, 1 little bit bigger than a mini of tequila, and small bottle of Malibu, and 9 pint size aluminum cans of Coors Light.

Keep in mind we are traveling with 6 other adults and plan on having pre-dinner meets in our room and share.

Happy Cruising- Laura

Glad you added the last sentence, I was reading it and thinking you wouldn't remember any of your cruise Enjoy

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #29
natmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post

Happy Cruising- Laura
Hi Laura,

I think you might find me hiding in your suitcase
natmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #30
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
You can also bring onboard any alcohol you purchase in port.
Also it need not be in a carry-on bag, it simply needs to be carried on. I've read numerous posts about people simply carrying a case of beer on with them not in a bag. So if you run out, just go to a store in the next port and buy something, no need to bring everything at once.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: