Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #31
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8timesblessed View Post
I can't commet on the adding 6th day but I can comment on what happened to me. I bought a 4 day ticket with the promotional rate of $245 and wanted to upgrade to an annual pass on Saturday and they valued my ticket at $275 So I saved $30 :-) I also saved $20 for being a DVC member.
Good to know. I've heard both so it's nice to know they seem to bridge the gap in price.

Will definitely help me if they do allow 6 day hoppers by September. I just got a great deal on them from Flight Centre.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

waiting to hear as well

With the added security of having pictures on file now for all 4 or 5 day pass holders, at some point eventually the ticket brokers have to feel a pinch and this entire process of selling unused days will dissolve.

I am hoping that when this happens, while they might not sell the longer passes, surely it can become an option to extend the 5 days by adding a set price for each day.

Hopefully we hear some news soon.
sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #33
kjm4
Mouseketeer

Adding 6th day.

No body is able to confirm this yet? Come on, go add a 6th day! You know you want to.
kjm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #34
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm4 View Post
No body is able to confirm this yet? Come on, go add a 6th day! You know you want to.
I know, I wish someone would at least try . . . ask at least! ;-)
I am going to try on Sunday, March 3rd, but I haven't figured out how to post to this board from my smart phone yet. Any suggestions?
sgrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #35
laciwilly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap View Post
I know, I wish someone would at least try . . . ask at least! ;-)
I am going to try on Sunday, March 3rd, but I haven't figured out how to post to this board from my smart phone yet. Any suggestions?
PLease let us know when you can I am leaving for DL on March 8th and we are getting the 5 day hopper and possibly going somewhere else on the 6th day. I would prefer to spend it at DL if they are adding the 6th day.
laciwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #36
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laciwilly View Post
PLease let us know when you can I am leaving for DL on March 8th and we are getting the 5 day hopper and possibly going somewhere else on the 6th day. I would prefer to spend it at DL if they are adding the 6th day.
I'll be glad to try to post if someone can tell me how to get on DIS from my android.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrap
Quote:

Originally Posted by laciwilly

I'll be glad to try to post if someone can tell me how to get on DIS from my android.
There is an Android app for the DIS forums. You should be able to post from that from your phone.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
sgrap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33

There is an Android app for the DIS forums. You should be able to post from that from your phone.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
Yay, just found it, thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #39
Disney's Fan
Mouseketeer

Any updates to report on this?
Old 03-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #40
gardener14
Mouseketeer

Any updates? Surely someone has tried to add a day or two to a 5 day ticket? Were you successful?
gardener14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #41
junmatno
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener14
Any updates? Surely someone has tried to add a day or two to a 5 day ticket? Were you successful?
Yes. Someone got a letter that they were NOT doing this or offering six day hoppers anywhere in the near future.
junmatno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #42
gardener14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by junmatno View Post
Yes. Someone got a letter that they were NOT doing this or offering six day hoppers anywhere in the near future.
Well, even when they did offer additional days added at the park, the official word from Disneyland, whenever anyone called to ask, was that they didn't do this. The fact is that they always did in practice even though the customer service folks continued to say that they didn't....until June 2012 when the practice stopped in park. Therefore, if the current official word in a letter is that they will not add days to a five day ticket, I wouldn't take that too seriously because it didn't mean anything in the past. I hope people still continue to try and see what happens at the park in person. If enough people express their desire for 6-8 day tickets to return, the policy may revert back to the way it was for many years, especially in light of the fact that someone at the start of this thread had success in doing so combined with the new photos on tickets.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #43
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener14 View Post
Well, even when they did offer additional days added at the park, the official word from Disneyland, whenever anyone called to ask, was that they didn't do this. The fact is that they always did in practice even though the customer service folks continued to say that they didn't....until June 2012 when the practice stopped in park. Therefore, if the current official word in a letter is that they will not add days to a five day ticket, I wouldn't take that too seriously because it didn't mean anything in the past. I hope people still continue to try and see what happens at the park in person. If enough people express their desire for 6-8 day tickets to return, the policy may revert back to the way it was for many years, especially in light of the fact that someone at the start of this thread had success in doing so combined with the new photos on tickets.
I received a phone call to a letter I had written - the CM who called me said that she admits it used to be common practice to extend tickets for up to 8 days for a nominal fee increase - but that this is now no longer being allowed and they have strict rules in place regarding this.

Not sure if some will still continue to do it but she told me that everyone is now being told that if you want a 6th day you have to buy an AP or another ticket.

Only time will tell...
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

Old 03-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
gardener14
Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing the information the cast member told you, but it's a crazy policy that does not make good business or customer service sense. When people here are complaining that they book a week-long vacation (a very reasonable length of time, by the way) in a Disney hotel and they can't even get a length-of-stay-ticket, then there is a serious problem. But, Disney hotel or not, when an out of state vacationer books a week-long stay in any area hotel, they should be able to buy admission to the parks for the time they desire within the norms of typical vacation lengths.

Even Busch Gardens and SeaWorld in Florida sell tickets valid for seven days. The number seven is not some random number. It's the length of a typical vacation. They want you to return to the parks more often and spend more money there. It's common sense.

The price of a Disneyland annual pass is prohibitively expensive for most out of towners who only want a sixth or seventh day the way they used to offer them (they used to sell up to 8 days up front without having to add on days, by the way). The lesser priced annual passes have block-out days that make it unattractive to a vacationer. There is no good answer unless we continue to let Disneyland know that the 6, 7, and 8 day ticket options should be brought back.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #45
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

I am not diagreeing, why do you think I wrote a letter? I am merely conveying what was told to me.

I also did a poll awhile back - 90 people responded - and 60% travel for 5 days or less - so perhaps Disney is onto something when it comes to demand for longer length tickets? They have a monopoly - and with over a million passholders, I doubt if they are worried when a few people take their money somewhere else...that is the reality.
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

Last edited by sherilaine; 03-03-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: edited poll results

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: