Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #31
Timandalicia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfirstimers2013 View Post
We will be visiting the park on May 3-4. We would like to see all of the Magic Kingdom in one full day, and then go to Epcot the second. This is our first trip with our kids (ages 7 & 10). We are then going on a Disney Cruise.

What are the lines like at that time of year? Is it possible to get enough done in one day to feel like we have seen everything we would be interested in? We can do both days at Magic Kingdom, but I would love to see Epcot too.

Thanks!
The question really is, should you do both parks during your visit. That answer is yes. And those are the right 2 parks for your kids ages and the amount of time you have
Timandalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #32
eeyoresmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeferjen View Post
Can you link to your itinerary? We will be there over spring break this year
Added the link to my first comment Just wanted to add too, this was before LM and Belle were open.
eeyoresmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #33
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

We were there in June. First time my wife or either kid had been there. It took from rope drop to midnight, but we did everything WE wanted to do including the princess lunch.

But we skipped a lot - in fact, whole sections of the park.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #34
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

I was at MK for one day in January, during marathon weekend. We were just two adults, so factor in the fact that we didn't have kids with us. We arrived after rope drop by probably 45 minutes. Park was open until 10. We did:
Peter Pan (twice)
IASW
Pooh
Teacups
Dumbo
Goofini
LM
Haunted Mansion
Country Bears
BTMRR
POTC (twice)
Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
People Mover
COP
Buzz Lightyear
Laughfloor
MSEP
Wishes

We also ate lunch at BOG.

No, it wasn't LITERALLY everything. But it was the vast majority of non-meet-and-greet attractions. So I'd say, yes, you can leave MK feeling satisfied with what you've seen after one full day.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #35
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

I know that I cannot do everything that I want to do in one day at MK. I have been at MK 5 days in the last 2 years, and I still haven't done everything I want to do (of course, there have been many rides repeated in that time too). I do think, however, that you can leave there after a single day feeling satisfied with what you have done. Given the option, I would choose one day at MK and one day at Epcot.

Fjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #36
Love Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarch View Post
Since then, I always start from the left. To my surprise there is a crowd difference in the morning if you start in Adventure Land. I'm not saying you will save hours worth of time, but it'll make visiting the park a bit more enjoyable having to go through less people and waiting a bit less at every rides.
Pretty sure most people on here would argue that, if you are trying to max out your number of attractions per day, the best advice is actually to go straight forward to start the day - to Fantasyland.

OP - you can absolutely see "all" of MK (the way most rational people would read the term) in one long day. Arrive early and be smart about how you tour. We never have any trouble getting on every attraction we care about (we pretty much skip Country Bear Jamboree, the riverboat and Tom Sawyer's island now that the paint brushes are no more), and many of them twice.

Are your kids into thrill rides? If so, I suggest you consider DHS instead of Epcot for your second day. I love Epcot! But DHS is my kids' favorite park. (Just a thought. Epcot is great, too.)
Love Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: