Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
arielbaxter
Earning My Ears

Help me choose a resort!

Hello! My family and I are planning a trip the week of April 22nd for our 10 year anniversary (honeymooned at WDW!) and a surprise trip for the kids. We're having the hardest time choosing where to stay. Last year, we stayed at Movies, it's been our only on-site hotel. We loved it! So wonderful. However, since it's our anniversary, we wanted a little nicer, more space, etc. Travelling will be myself, my husband, 6 year old son, 3 year old daughter and 10 month old daughter. We are considering Caribbean, Port Orleans Riverside and Art of Animation. Because of the specials right now, AofA is the most expensive. How do I decide?! Thank you so much for your help!

Ariel
arielbaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Which one appeals most to you? When you look at the photos, which one tugs at you the most? Any of these would be a good choice, and you know best what your family likes and needs in a resort. Since the baby will sleep in a pack and play, you'll have no problems staying in any of the mod resorts in a standard room. I might be tempted to save AoA for a later visit, when the kids each need a bed. 3 years from now an Alligator Bayou room will be your only standard mod. option.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Kingdome8
Mouseketeer

Wow. We are going that week to for our 10 year anniversary. Lol
We are bringing 3 kids as well. 9,5,1.
We are renting points at animal kingdom
When I saw how much I save I had to do it.
We normally stay at values. Art of animation does look real cool. We normally stay at pop century. But I'm excited about animal kingdom. Can't wait
Kingdome8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
arielbaxter
Earning My Ears

I really like Caribbean, that's the one we keep going back to in all our conversations...and you're right about the pack n play. That completely makes sense for AofA, I really didn't feel we would get the most out of it right now.

Kingdome8, that's so funny! Maybe we'll run into each other! We actually priced out AK too, and seriously considered it. We just weren't sure of the distance and travel time to the parks. It's where we wanted to stay for our honeymoon and didn't get to.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
alc571
DIS Veteran

Personally, I'd opt for POR. It's cheaper and the resort has a better (more central) layout that CB. I've heard complaints about how far from the restaurants, etc. you can be at CB. In the AB section of POR, you can get a room with two queen beds and a pull down murphy bed for one of the kids. I know CB only had double beds - not sure if it's been updated too, and AoA only has double beds.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
arielbaxter
Earning My Ears

yeah, after talking it through again, hubby and I both like the queen size beds at PORS. I know we won't be in the rooms too much during the trip, but I'd like to be comfortable while we are in there!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #7
Loves The Mouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielbaxter View Post
yeah, after talking it through again, hubby and I both like the queen size beds at PORS. I know we won't be in the rooms too much during the trip, but I'd like to be comfortable while we are in there!
My sister in law and her family loves..... PORS. They stay in the alligator bayou section, they have trundle beds there. Their children take turns every night to sleep on the trundle bed. Lol
Loves The Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #8
macajack
Earning My Ears

I havent stayed at POR however we did eat at Boatwrights. Even if you don't have have an entire meal, pop in there for dessert. Holy moses, it's easily one of the highlights of our trip 2 years ago. Even my kids (then 7 & 9), who had done character dinners and the Halloween party, STILL talk about the desserts!

Happy Anniversary!
macajack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: