Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Sharing my FE gifts - Feb 9th out of Galveston no peeking!

Ok I know there is a thread already with FE gift pictures, but I cannot find it. S anyway i really want to share what I did.
If you sail on the Magic Saturday - DON'T PEEK!!!!!

For the girls - photo albums and sticky note pads and pens

For each family - coasters - one for each family member with their name

For the ladies - pocket calendars

For everyone - cups

For the boys - flashlights, cards, and dice games

For everyone - pirate loot candy, Hershey bars, and valentine candy (everyone is also getting Mardi GRAS beads - I just forgot to take a picture)

And not to mention a ton of things from various stores! So this is basically what it looked like:

I had a great time making all of the stuff - it was so much fun! Now I just can't wait to give it out!

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Wow! Those are some really lucky FE recipients.

They look great and it looks like you put so much time and effort into them. Great job!
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
bluesky1997
Mouseketeer

Wow, that is awesome! You are very talented and creative!

Is this how FE's normally are? That seems like a lot of work and expense. I'm signed up for our first cruise but I'm not that creative. And my DH would freak if I spent a ton of money on "strangers" (his words, not mine, he doesn't understand how things are around here yet, lol!). He's not too thrilled I signed us up for it to to begin with. I'm wondering now if I should bow out?
Old 02-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
MattMatts-Momma
311 Miles from the Wilderness Lodge!!

Wow, you have been busy!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Those are great! You are very generous!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
LoveDisneyx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky1997 View Post

Is this how FE's normally are? That seems like a lot of work and expense. I'm signed up for our first cruise but I'm not that creative. And my DH would freak if I spent a ton of money on "strangers" (his words, not mine, he doesn't understand how things are around here yet, lol!). He's not too thrilled I signed us up for it to to begin with. I'm wondering now if I should bow out?
I'm soo thankful that I didn't sign up for the FE, because these people are SERIOUS!! I'm in the same boat (pun not really intended), in that my hubby doesn't get into spending money on others. It's soo much fun, though (this will be our first Disney cruise but I participate in "Secret Santa" at my work each year--same idea except that we spend up to $30 on one person for a week's worth of goodies to be delivered a little each day). Had I found the DISboards when we first booked the cruise--I would be all over it! Of course, easier to spread out the money spent--a little here, a little there, and hubby doesn't get "curious" about how much was spent!

It will be fun! You should do it--you have time to come up with something that's not too crafty and that is manageable. :-)
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
melglnh2o
Mouseketeer

It all looks amazing! Great job. I can only imagine how long it must have taken.
melglnh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Amazing! Your FE "friends" are very lucky!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #9
Sunseeker17
Mouseketeer

What a pile of loot! You must not be flying in Haha!

Sunseeker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
kalikat420
Mouseketeer

There is no "set amount" that has to be spent. On our last cruise, we received everything from small bags of candy to more elaborate packages that included multiple gifts. You shouldn't feel that you must spend a lot on each cabin. Also, some gifts are homemade and some are store-bought. I'm not crafty so my gifts were only semi-homemade. For my upcoming cruise, however, I've recruited my super crafty Mom to help out.

Whatever you do, it should be what you're comfortable with. Don't feel like you're in a competition! We appreciated each and every one of our gifts, regardless of their dollar value!

kalikat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #11
bluesky1997
Mouseketeer

Thanks! I did not mean to take away from the OP's fabulous gifts so please just ignore my post! I'll do some research (I have plenty of time!) and figure out what will work best for us. I know my kids will LOVE it so I'll talk DH into it, he'll do anything for our kids so it won't take too much convincing!

Again, LOVE what you've done OP! I wish I was on your cruise! They are very lucky!!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

That is an understandable reaction. It's better that you asked instead of simply avoiding participating in the FE on your cruise. The gifts here are lovely, but you would be fine with just one of them. Looks like a fairly small group for the FE exchange also from the number of cups if there is one for every person.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #13
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky1997 View Post

This is my first cruise so I am not really sure what is the norm - most of the things I bought were a dollar or less per item.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Our group has 31 people - I am not sure if all the cups are in the picture. But anyway basically I spent less than 5 dollars per person for everything. The cups which may look like they were expensive were from dollar tree - 1$ each. Then I took the insert out of them and made one on my computer. The coasters are tiles - 11 cents each and printed the design on the computer and put on with mod podge. Photo albums also a dollar - took out the insert and made on on the computer. Calendars - 50 cents and again made a new cover on the computer. The flashlights were bought at a warehouse tool store where I live 2 for a dollar and they came with the batteries. Everything else was basically from the dollar store or just candy stuff.

Just to give an idea if you were thinking about doing a FE group. Now I will say I think most of the people on my cruise are doing one or two things. I just chose to do something for everyday. And yes I have had a year to do it all so the cost was spread out over a year.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
ariel fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie321
Our group has 31 people - I am not sure if all the cups are in the picture. But anyway basically I spent less than 5 dollars per person for everything. The cups which may look like they were expensive were from dollar tree - 1$ each. Then I took the insert out of them and made one on my computer. The coasters are tiles - 11 cents each and printed the design on the computer and put on with mod podge. Photo albums also a dollar - took out the insert and made on on the computer. Calendars - 50 cents and again made a new cover on the computer. The flashlights were bought at a warehouse tool store where I live 2 for a dollar and they came with the batteries. Everything else was basically from the dollar store or just candy stuff.

Just to give an idea if you were thinking about doing a FE group. Now I will say I think most of the people on my cruise are doing one or two things. I just chose to do something for everyday. And yes I have had a year to do it all so the cost was spread out over a year.
Thanks 4 tips great advice!
ariel fans is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: