Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #16
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

I agree, Alexandria on the Dream was phenomenal! My DH did her Whiskey tasting on the first night and I just went to watch. It was so fun we both signed up for her Martini tasting. I also did the tequila/margarita tasting, and my husband and I did Mixology as well. All the tastings we did were $15-$20 and we had 4-5 (small) drinks at each. Well worth the cost and so much fun! Mixology was our favorite though!
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #17
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Have done the beer, tequila, champaigne (sp??), martini. Looking for whiskey, cognac, and anything else.

These are fun and informative. Nothing you couldn't get off the net in 2 to 5 minutes. But, a heck of a lot more fun.

We came back after one cruise and my DW fell in love with tequila. She went on a cruise last December with DD. DW attended a martini tasting and came back with an appreciation for gin.

I love being exposed to new things. The bad part? The love of the new drink you come back with ain't for the cheap stuff!!!! You learn that there really is a difference in the good the bad and the stuff that makes you ugly.

Then again, that' why I think most people travel - to learn, to be exposed to things and ideas you would never have at home. So, all in all -- a good thing.

I LOVE tastings.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
mommadeb
Mouseketeer

So now, I'm sitting here turning up my nose at my usual Friday night plain ol' rum & diet coke! The tastings sound like so much fun! Just have to decide which one(s) to do.

Disneyland 1985, 1991

mommadeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
Figment_Fan
DIS Veteran

Oh forgot to confirm. LikwLisavince3 stated, the tastings have a fee from $15 to $20. There are 4 to drinks. They are small. It is a tasting after all, NOT a drinking. Anyway, it allows you to appreciate what you are tasting. And it is very well worth it.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #20
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Oh my, thanks for all the info. I will have to do the tequila with my dad for his b-day, and the mixology for me and the champaigne for my husband and I. So excited!!!!!

Laura
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #21
ddixon1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3 View Post
We did the wine tasting in 2007, can't remember the price but we enjoyed it! In January we did the International Beer tasting and it was $15/person, had a great time and they give you five beers, each about 10oz......too much for me to drink! Lol
Omg my DH & I LOVED the martini tasting (Dream)! Although I'll admit that I was LIT by the end. Alexandra was fantastic. Would do again in a heartbeat.
Disney Half Marathon (POR), January 2000; Explorer of the Seas, July 2009; Oasis of the Seas, May 2011; Magic 2-night getaway from NYC, July 2012; Magic 5-night Canadian from NYC, August 2012; Animal Kingdom Lodge, January 2013; Dream 4-night to Bahamas, January 2013; Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo Studio), August 2013, December 2013
ddixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

When do you register for the tastings? Do you just find them in the navigator and show up or do you pre-register? If you pre-register do you do it online during pre-checkin or when you get on board at Guest Services?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
k3chantal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
When do you sign up for the tastings? Do they frequently sell out?
You sign up on board. Every day look at your Navigator. It will tell you when, what and where. Then, go sign up, the CM will charge your account, and give you tickets like your port excursion ones.

When we were on the Wonder, I think the champagne one was full but the whiskey and wine one was not. We missed any others because we didn't know to look for them (first cruise).

I wouldn't stress. You are ahead of the game just knowing to look for them.
k3chantal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #24
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Do they serve snacks at the tastings? I cant drink on an empty stomach but wish i could. 😝
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

On the jan 17 cruise on the dream I did the champagne tasting and it was 4 huge glasses. At $30 per person. I was also the only one in there besides my dh who doesn't drink so it was sorta awkward. I signed up back in the district as soon as we boarded. I also did the tequila/margarita tasting at $15 per person. You tasted 3 different kinds of straight tequila and 2 different margaritas which the bartender refilled until he ran out of. This tasting was a full house. So sign up early.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #26
kalikat420
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97
One word: MIXOLOGY

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
AGREED! DH and I did this one on the Dream and loved it! Will do it again on the next cruise. We did the wine tasting on the Wonder a few years ago and it was nice. I am looking forward to the martini tasting too.

kalikat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #27
kalikat420
Mouseketeer

I just remembered that we also did a dessert wine tasting on the Dream. We love ice wine, which was offered, as well as some other delicious sweet wines. If you like sweet wine, I definitely recommend this one.

kalikat420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #28
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

I wanted to do the wine and the mixology ones but they didn't offer it on our cruise. But I hope they do when we go in nov
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #29
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post
Do they serve snacks at the tastings? I cant drink on an empty stomach but wish i could. 😝
Run up to the food deck and grab a snack and take it with you to the tasting. Or, if you think about it in time, order something from room service.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 AM   #30
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect
Do they serve snacks at the tastings? I cant drink on an empty stomach but wish i could. dde1d
We had them bring us peanuts from O'Gills to us while we did Mixology in Skyline.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: