Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
StephC1217
Mouseketeer

Are there any perks to using Disney credit card to pay off DCL balance?

I was just wondering if there were any perks to using my Disney Credit Card to pay off the balance of our DCL trip, rather than a different credit card?

TIA!

StephC1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

0% interest for 6 months.

If you have made ALL payments - including deposit and any interim payments - you are also eligible for an OBB (I think it's $50). But all payments had to be made with the Disney Visa for the OBB.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
colemame
Earning My Ears

I believe you get zero percent financing for 6 months if you use your disney card for Disney vacations (hotel and cruise).
colemame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
MrRay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephC1217 View Post
I was just wondering if there were any perks to using my Disney Credit Card to pay off the balance of our DCL trip, rather than a different credit card?

TIA!
I did that and I think I got some onboard credit for it, $25 maybe. But I had to pay the whole thing with the Disney card.
MrRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #5
mjandkev
Earning My Ears

Smile

I have heard that booking and paying off the cruise with the Disney Visa gets you a $50 onboard credit, but I am unsure about how it is applied. I think you may have to ask for it rather than it being automatically given.
mjandkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

You're supposed to enter a code, DCC, when you book the reservation. My only problem with that is you may not know if you're going to pay it all with the Disney Visa. I guess they want you to put it in there if you think you will. If you forget, you can call/email them and they can add it. You may have to escalate like I did, the first person didn't want to give it to me b/c I didn't put in the code. I assume if you wind up not paying for it all with the Disney Visa, the system automatically removes the credit but I'm not sure.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
misndug
Earning My Ears

The other perk is that you will earn reward dollars on the balance that you can turn around and use onboard when you transfer to your rewards card. I consider it a 'discount'

Me DH DD(11) DS (7)
misndug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by misndug View Post
The other perk is that you will earn reward dollars on the balance that you can turn around and use onboard when you transfer to your rewards card. I consider it a 'discount'
We were unable to get the $50 OBC because we had already got the 10% discount off the cruise, but paying any portion of your cruise bill will give you 2% rewards dollars.
I'm charging EVERYTHING this year (and using auto-pay) to rack up the rewards bucks. (Made me feel a little better about paying for my husband's truck to get fixed recently!)
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
NurseDave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsketomom View Post
We were unable to get the $50 OBC because we had already got the 10% discount off the cruise, but paying any portion of your cruise bill will give you 2% rewards dollars.
I'm charging EVERYTHING this year (and using auto-pay) to rack up the rewards bucks. (Made me feel a little better about paying for my husband's truck to get fixed recently!)
That was our plan, until I read in another thread you can use your red card at Target and get 5% off Disney giftcards. So instead of 2% back in reward dollars, you're getting 5% off everything Disney.
NurseDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
amybethchristiansen
Mouseketeer

So, am I correct in stating that because we booked onboard and got the 10% discount that we won't get the VISA promotion too? That is a bummer! We used our VISA for all of our onboard charges!
amybethchristiansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #11
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybethchristiansen View Post
So, am I correct in stating that because we booked onboard and got the 10% discount that we won't get the VISA promotion too? That is a bummer! We used our VISA for all of our onboard charges!
That's what I was told. But look at the bright side -- you saved WAAYYY more than $50 by getting the 10% off. And most likely everything you charged that was "Disney" gets 2% rewards anyhow. The $50 would be just gravy.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #12
noahsketomom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDave View Post
That was our plan, until I read in another thread you can use your red card at Target and get 5% off Disney giftcards. So instead of 2% back in reward dollars, you're getting 5% off everything Disney.
I wish we had a Target that was close. I don't go there enough to be able to make it worth it. We live on an island in a town that has banned "big box" stores. Bummer!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #13
neg58
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amybethchristiansen View Post
Yes, one discount per cabin - OBB, florida rate, military rate, Visa card. Visa is usually the lowest so take one of the others.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: