Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #31
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

We were there Suoerbowl Sunday when it was closed... Then the next day it was closed all morning... And then Thursday there was a sign saying the ride was closing for the day at 6pm... Weird!
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #32
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
We were there Suoerbowl Sunday when it was closed... Then the next day it was closed all morning... And then Thursday there was a sign saying the ride was closing for the day at 6pm... Weird!
LOL, I guess that seems somewhat fitting.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #33
deanimal
DIS Veteran

We were there both Wednesday and today, and both days had signs up all morning saying the ride was closed until 1pm. However we weren't there in the afternoon to see if it did open at one.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #34
SydneyJoLynn
Ad/Lib'ing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortForever View Post
Seems like I read something somewhere about a hair issue on this ride but it was with King Whats-his-face's beard. Can't be positive since I'm going on memory.
Yes! King Tritons beard used to be white fabric. It looked much more like a turban on his face than actual hair. So he is now the only animatronic in the ride with synthetic hair. [Which, in November, was prone to falling out. So Disney bought him some rogaine.]

Quote:
Flotsam and Jetsam are supposed to move?!!! If so, I never saw them move once when I was there late November-Mid December
Yep. They are supposed to move. So far, they have only moved for two full days -- December 5th for the Press-Only event, and two days ago. Looks like the eels are suffering from some temporary paralysis again, since they weren't moving again today.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #35
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Pigletto, I think I like Ursula because she's essentially the drag queen of the Disney brand.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #36
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyJoLynn View Post
Yes! King Tritons beard used to be white fabric. It looked much more like a turban on his face than actual hair. So he is now the only animatronic in the ride with synthetic hair. [Which, in November, was prone to falling out. So Disney bought him some rogaine.]

Yep. They are supposed to move. So far, they have only moved for two full days -- December 5th for the Press-Only event, and two days ago. Looks like the eels are suffering from some temporary paralysis again, since they weren't moving again today.
Seriously? With the exception of the que, this is a clone of the one in DCA. How can one of their main attractions in a brand new land that they hyped to no end be in this condition already? This isn't technologically advanced by any stretch of the imagination. I guess one can only hope the new "family" coaster can eventually open without concern.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #37
Cheert789
Earning My Ears

I was disappointed with this ride when we went in November. I think bc it was new I expected more of a technology thing as opposed to what was there. The walk through to the was well done though
Cheert789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #38
shburks
DIS Veteran

Our friends were at MK Jan 25 or 26 and ride stopped and wouldn't restart. They had to "emergency evacuate"!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW:All Star Sports Oct 2014 * Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2014, Feb 2015 * Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #39
annacp
Mouseketeer

We were at MK yesterday when it was closed until 1pm. We were more impressed with the queue than the ride. My 9 year old DD summed it up as a "pink Nemo."
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
Gonzjj
Mouseketeer

This sounds depressing, we are going in a few weeks...Splash is closed and I hop not this now, my girls will be so sad
Gonzjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #41
princessap
DIS Veteran

I hope this is open when we go or my girls will be very disappointed
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #42
ahelmes71
Earning My Ears

I was there this past week and it seemed to me a lot of the fish were not functioning (or at least were just sitting there) in the "Under the Sea" portion of the ride. (for example, clams that looked like they were supposed to open and close were stationary, some of the fish playing musical instruments, etc.)

Also, the Ariel figure was completely motionless in that scene. I watched a video on Youtube and it is supposed to be a detailed animatronic, so I guess they had her turned off that day. You definitely don't expect to see stationary figures on the Disney rides and it kind of jumps out at you when you do. I was surprised such a new attraction would have so many glitches already.

It was my first time on the ride so I had no frame of reference, but it looked like something was not functioning properly. Maybe they will have to switch to strobe-lighting a "Disco Ariel" like on Everest.
ahelmes71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #43
pixiechaser
Earning My Ears

It's a small world under the sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer1168 View Post
Wow very interesting! Is it the bit were she is dancing in the 'under the sea' bit?
Not my favorite.. Just like its a small world. Would have loved the submarine thing instead. Seven leagues under the sea...
Old 02-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #44
deanimal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiechaser View Post
Not my favorite.. Just like its a small world. Would have loved the submarine thing instead. Seven leagues under the sea...
Be careful what you ask for, I thought the Nemo Submarines were the biggest disappointment of my last trip to Disneyland. Crammed into an uncomfortable metal tube, squinting out these itty bitty windows. Such a waste of space and time.

We actually like the Under the sea ride in both parks. No, it's not a headliner, but our 2 and 3 year old loved them and its nice to have something that's perfect for the preschool set. In a way, it may be a better fit for DCA since that park doesn't have a lot of little kid rides, so it fills a gap quite nicely. In Fantasyland, there are lots of other rides that are very similar, and I get the sense that people were really expecting something more exciting. Hopefully that means the crowds will soon tire of it and it will become a fun ride with a short wait for the kiddie crowd like it is on the West coast soon.
deanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #45
JenniferinFL
Earning My Ears

It was open yesterday when we were there. We've gone the last three Saturdays in a row and been able to ride the new Under the Sea ride every time. I haven't seen it broken down the last three Saturdays. But, we may have just got lucky with the timing.

It was funny actually, the People Mover was down a lot yesterday. We tried to get on that so many times and it would break down every time we were in line.. lol Finally did get on it, but, have to be flexible.

Additionally, Pirates of the Caribbean was down, but, because the crowds were crazy yesterday, we just bought snacks and decided to have an early lunch right there hanging out around the ride. When it reopened we were on the ride in under 5 minutes. Which was fantastic because we simply can't stand in the line that ride gets with a 2 year old and no fast pass.. lol

We always get fast pass for Ariel. At least I think when you have fast pass and it's out of order temporarily that they give you another fast pass.
After snagging Ariel, as soon as we can we snag a fast pass for Winnie the Pooh which usually gives a Dumbo surprise fast pass as well.
JenniferinFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: