Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #121
Kelseya89
Earning My Ears
 
Kelseya89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Atco, NJ
Posts: 2

Costuming role

Hi everyone
I had a question about the costuming role for the college program. Is it hard to get into? Has anyone done it and did you like it? What kind of things do you do? I have been looking on youtube to see if anyone had any vlogs up describing all of this but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!
Kelsey
Kelseya89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #122
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,676

Has anyone's child gone seasonal? Or anyone here?

What did you do for a place to stay? If she went down for the summer - are there places that rent apartments for two months? What about two weeks? My dd told me she would like to apply for seasonal but you need to work so many hours quarterly. Trying to figure out if we/she can make this work.
__________________
DVC 09/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #123
khancock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseya89 View Post
Hi everyone
I had a question about the costuming role for the college program. Is it hard to get into? Has anyone done it and did you like it? What kind of things do you do? I have been looking on youtube to see if anyone had any vlogs up describing all of this but I can't seem to find any.
On their official channel-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTdOmS8oJq0
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #124
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy
 
eadavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
Has anyone's child gone seasonal? Or anyone here?

What did you do for a place to stay? If she went down for the summer - are there places that rent apartments for two months? What about two weeks? My dd told me she would like to apply for seasonal but you need to work so many hours quarterly. Trying to figure out if we/she can make this work.
There are many apartment complexes around town that offer a Disney discount, and month to month leases. Month to month comes at a major premium though. If you are coming down for a week or two, I'd reccommend looking at some of the extended stay hotels along 192, they may not be the best quality, but it's less than $200 a week for everything, beats $800-$900 per month for a rent, not to mention also dealing with all of the utility set-ups/disconnects.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #125
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 6,676

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
There are many apartment complexes around town that offer a Disney discount, and month to month leases. Month to month comes at a major premium though. If you are coming down for a week or two, I'd reccommend looking at some of the extended stay hotels along 192, they may not be the best quality, but it's less than $200 a week for everything, beats $800-$900 per month for a rent, not to mention also dealing with all of the utility set-ups/disconnects.
Will go browse/explore some of these hotels - I guess I will google extended stay hotels.
Thank you.
__________________
DVC 09/00 OKW - 6/02 BCV

Upcoming/planned trips:
Oct. 2015 - F&W/BCV

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #126
surferdude
Mouseketeer
 
surferdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 128

So I tried a search but I wasn't able to find a definite answer (at least not right away)... but when can a CP get into the parks for free? Is it right after Traditions or is there some kind of waiting period? I ask because my parents will be down there for 2 days after I check in and was hoping we could all go together (they are buying their own tickets).
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #127
heartmuffin
Getting home to WDW
 
heartmuffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post
So I tried a search but I wasn't able to find a definite answer (at least not right away)... but when can a CP get into the parks for free? Is it right after Traditions or is there some kind of waiting period? I ask because my parents will be down there for 2 days after I check in and was hoping we could all go together (they are buying their own tickets).
You get your ID at Traditions and can get into the parks with it as soon as you get out of class that day.
__________________
POFQ 6/09-7/09 | Started WDWCP 1/12 | CSR 4/12 | OKW 10/12 | Ended WDWCP 1/13 |
Currently trying to get back to my Most Magical home...
heartmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #128
surferdude
Mouseketeer
 
surferdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartmuffin View Post
You get your ID at Traditions and can get into the parks with it as soon as you get out of class that day.
Thanks! Hopefully I get traditions the day after checkin so we can go (although I might buy myself a ticket if I dont get it before they leave)
surferdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #129
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran
 
Wishes Count's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude View Post

Thanks! Hopefully I get traditions the day after checkin so we can go (although I might buy myself a ticket if I dont get it before they leave)
You won't. If your check in is a Monday your traditions will be on Thursday or Friday. There is a very small chance of Wednesday. This is because they are waiting for your fingerprints to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Wishes Count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #130
psherman42
Mouseketeer
 
psherman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliSW View Post
So my original arrival date was Aug 12 and I bought a ticket for a concert Sept 13. now my arrival date is Sept 9 and I really want to go to that concert. I know the first day is check in, second is mostly off, third is traditions. now after that I can't remember the order but I would have the training (1 day for custodial) at DU and the location orientation. When I did my first program both of those were in the morning is that the usual?
For Spring advantage this year, I had check in on Tuesday, a housing meeting on Wednesday, Thursday was a free day, and Traditions was Friday. Then on Saturday I had my Downtown Disney property orientation which ended mid afternoon. If that's still how it is for fall/fall advantage, you should still be able to go to the concert.
__________________



Disney College Program
Fall 2011: Quick Service Food & Beverage (ABC Commissary)
Spring Advantage 2013: Merchandise (World of Disney)
Fall 2013: Professional Intern
My DCP blog: http://dreamitdoitdisney.tumblr.com/
psherman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #131
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer
 
ArielinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 108

Question about Chatham Square... I assume there is a cable hookup in the living area, but is there also cable in the bedrooms?

Thanks!
__________________
ArielInDisney.tumblr.com
Disneyland Spring 2012 College Program - Food Prep/Order Cook at Golden Vine Winery
Walt Disney World Fall 2013 College Program - Attractions at The Seas with Nemo and Friends


ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #132
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer
 
angelmichelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Carolinas
Posts: 373

Has anyone done DCP after they graduated college?

Thoughts?
__________________

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #133
Cherrieboom
Earning My Ears
 
Cherrieboom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 3

I am supposed to arrive on August 5th but some family medical problems recently came up and I am unable to go anymore. Should I let them know that I'm not coming anymore and if so, how? Also, I forgot my information for my dashboard and everytime I try to have it sent to my email it won't do it. It gives you the option to put in your email or your unique sting. Does anyone more what that is?
__________________
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it you can either run from it or you can learn from it." -Rafiki
Cherrieboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #134
RoRo90
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 29

So the last email/dashboard update I got was about the disney look and it was around july 2nd.. I start on the 19th and Im just wondering if anyone is on the same boat as me and hasnt gotten any new updates.. I mean im guessing I should be getting something this week im guessing but yea just wanted to see if anyone is on the same boat as me.. With that being said I cant wait to be there already! any posts regarding this is helpful.
RoRo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #135
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania
 
goofy4tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Central Ma
Posts: 48,428
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
Has anyone done DCP after they graduated college?

Thoughts?
I'm hoping some one with experience answers this. My dd is hoping to do this. She will graduate in 2016, and will apply to the CP in Jan/Feb, hoping to get approved for the fall program. I'm a bit nervous since it's pretty much a one time shot for her since she will be graduating. Wish that wasn't the case, but it is what it is. She is incredibly busy the hear before with study abroad, so no CP for her that year.
Her goal in life? She is a theatre major...she wants to get accepted into the CP, and then hopefully stay with Disney for awhile. She doesn't much care what she does...she realizes that any character or stage work would probably not be possible. So even if she worked in a shop she would be happy. Then after a while, she would look at her options in life. But working for Disney has been her goal for years and years!!!
__________________
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: