Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #16
Joanna71985
Characters are my friendsSuper CP to the rescue!
I was mostly in Fantasyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRadcliffe View Post
Hey Jo! I just thought it was a nice continuation of your last thread as it keeps everything in one spot instead of having to search through all the different posts.

I have a question regarding the College Program, What are the most popular roles? Also, what roles have the higher capacities such as QSFB?

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day!
Well, popular roles will vary by person. But as a whole- character performer, character attendant, photopass, concierge, attractions

Roles that accept a lot of people include attractions, merchandise, custodial, QSFB
Aug 1998- POR March 2003- HS band trip (offsite) Aug 2003- POR Jan 12-Aug 5, 2005: CP Jan 1-5, 2006: AS Sports (solo) May 24, 2006- Jan 5, 2007: CP Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007: Solo (offsite) March 1-3, 2007: Dad+me (offsite) May 16-Aug 10, 2007: CP Aug 10-12, 2007: GF May 21-Aug 15, 2008: CP Aug 15-18, 2008: AKL March 25-29, 2009 (offsite) Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: CP Jan 3-May 14, 2010: CP May 16, 2010~ FT Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012 Fantasy: Oct 20-27, 2012 (East) Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013 Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014 Dream: 3-6, 2014 (for now)
Joanna71985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #17
kyza19
Earning My Ears

A couple questions I can't find the answers to anywhere else online...

When do applications typically close? I know nobody knows for sure. When did applications open/close for fall apps last year? They opened about Feb 8th this year I think. When did apps open/close for spring? I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to apply for Fall or Spring and it'd be really helpful to know these things! Thank you so much if anyone can answer these questions.

Also - if I put character performer as a top role, can I wait til I get down to Orlando to audition? There's no auditions anywhere near me! Or am I not allowed to put character performer in my preferred roles if I can't attend an audition?

One last thing! Say I applied next month in early March and I passed the WBI and got a phone interview but wasn't hired. Come September when apps for Spring are supposed to open, will my WBI results still be good so I can go straight to the phone interview again?

Thank you so much!
kyza19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyza19 View Post
A couple questions I can't find the answers to anywhere else online...

When do applications typically close? I know nobody knows for sure. When did applications open/close for fall apps last year? They opened about Feb 8th this year I think. When did apps open/close for spring? I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to apply for Fall or Spring and it'd be really helpful to know these things! Thank you so much if anyone can answer these questions.

Also - if I put character performer as a top role, can I wait til I get down to Orlando to audition? There's no auditions anywhere near me! Or am I not allowed to put character performer in my preferred roles if I can't attend an audition?

One last thing! Say I applied next month in early March and I passed the WBI and got a phone interview but wasn't hired. Come September when apps for Spring are supposed to open, will my WBI results still be good so I can go straight to the phone interview again?

Thank you so much!
The DCP blog says that apps will close out in late March. I don't know when they closed last year. For Spring 2012 the apps closed in mid to late November with the last acceptances going out Dec 19th.

You've got me stumped with the character performer question, but I do know if performer is your #1 that you can be accepted into another role, say attractions, and attend the audition at a later date. If you pass the audition your role is changed into performer. The only thing is, I don't know if you can wait to do the audition until you get to Orlando.

If you pass the WBI you don't need to take it again as long as you are in the 6 month window. So if you pass it on March 6th I'd say you're good until Sept. 4th. I wouldn't wait until the 5th or 6th just in case but that's just me.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
khancock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Be sure to read the official information that Disney provides. This is one of the Q&A's that accompany the audition information.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=6104

"I'm unable to attend one of these auditions. May I audition when I arrive in Florida?

There is an audition held exclusively for current College Program participants towards the end of their program. This audition is for full time, part time, and seasonal opportunities. If there is an opportunity to extend in entertainment as a character performer, this audition would serve that purpose as well. This “end of season” audition is the only audition that is regularly held for current participants."
khancock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
olikyu
Earning My Ears

I have not been accepted yet, but if I am, how long after that point will I have to pay the deposit/fees?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #21
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by olikyu View Post
I have not been accepted yet, but if I am, how long after that point will I have to pay the deposit/fees?
If/when you're accepted you have ten days to complete the 3 steps they tell you about in your acceptance email including playing the $300.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #22
RogerRadcliffe
Imagineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna71985 View Post
Well, popular roles will vary by person. But as a whole- character performer, character attendant, photopass, concierge, attractions

Roles that accept a lot of people include attractions, merchandise, custodial, QSFB
Thanks Jo, I keep forgetting Attractions/Merchandise/Custodial are the more open roles.

Quote:
When do applications typically close?

When did applications open/close for fall apps last year?

Thank you so much!
Applications typically close March/Early April during the Fall season depending on the needs of the needs that program.

Applications for last year's Fall Advantage closed Mid-March.

A straight answer-- Yes, you may select the Character Performer role as one of the many roles you may be interested in, but will not be considered for the position unless you attend the audition. If you're quite confident that you have the ability to pass auditions you could always look into traveling to the nearest audition location. I know people that have traveled from two states over because they are passionate about it. Unless you make the March 14th auditions for Orlando, FL there are absolutely no opportunities in Florida.

Given that the minimum criteria for the time between applications is 6 months, March to September is 7 months. If you apply late March, and applications open up early September, I would recommend waiting 6 months, 1 day just to be sure.

Best of luck, and Have a Magnificently Magical Day!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
―Walt Disney
RogerRadcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

I don't know very much about the
CP, but i'd really love to do it. What types of different things could you get assigned to there. All I know of is Merchandising, Custodial, and Attractions. Also, do you get to choose which park you are working at?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChef View Post
I don't know very much about the
CP, but i'd really love to do it. What types of different things could you get assigned to there. All I know of is Merchandising, Custodial, and Attractions. Also, do you get to choose which park you are working at?
You can be assigned Merchandise, Custodial, Attractions, Bell services dispatcher, Hospitality, Concierge, Housekeeping, Transportation, Main entrance operations, recreation, vacation planner, character performer, costuming, photopass, lifeguard, "Hopper", Full service food and beverage, quick service food and beverage, and BBB/ Pirate league hostess.

You do not get to choose what park / resort you work in, but you can request where you'd like to work. Remember, it's just a request. Most people would rather work in the parks since it's busier than the resorts, but it's all a matter of personal preference.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #25
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thank you so Much! Just a couple more Q's... Do you put in your preferences for where you are working? And do you rotate/do more than one catagory in your session?
Thank you in advance.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #26
leeg229
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyChef View Post
Thank you so Much! Just a couple more Q's... Do you put in your preferences for where you are working? And do you rotate/do more than one catagory in your session?
Thank you in advance.
You put in your preferences during the phone interview. So if you want Studios when the interviewer asks if you have any questions just state that you'd like to request Studios. If by category you mean role, then not exactly. Whatever program and role you are given you are stuck with for the full duration of the program, BUT if you choose to extend your program then you may be offered the chance to switch roles and locations for the last part of the program. That is dependent on business needs though.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #27
DisneyChef
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeg229 View Post
You put in your preferences during the phone interview. So if you want Studios when the interviewer asks if you have any questions just state that you'd like to request Studios. If by category you mean role, then not exactly. Whatever program and role you are given you are stuck with for the full duration of the program, BUT if you choose to extend your program then you may be offered the chance to switch roles and locations for the last part of the program. That is dependent on business needs though.
Thank you! I meant by where you get to work as in the role. & thanks for answering about switching jobs. I'm cleared up now!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
MegCasey
Earning My Ears

Five days after my phone interview last Wednesday, I got an E-mail informing me that I had been accepted! I'll be doing custodial in the Fall Program, and I wanted to thank everyone here for sharing information about the interview process. It really helped me prepare for it, and in the end I don't think I would have done as well without reading all the tips on this board. Thanks again everyone, I hope to see a few of you down there with me!
MegCasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #29
erinlovesmickey
Earning My Ears

Do all of the apartment complexes have gyms?
erinlovesmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #30
ArielinWonderland
Mouseketeer

Question...
For the roles of character attendant and/or PhotoPass photographer, are you placed in one park or do you rotate? I know in Disneyland, PhotoPass photographers worked in both parks, and I am curious if it's the same way in WDW.
Those are two of my top choices (the third is BBB/Pirates League).
Thanks!

ArielinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: