DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #31
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
I'm not the pp that you responded to but we stayed in 5544 (I think you had it with a question mark last time I looked at your list.) We booked standard (and only used points for standard) however, the CM that met us when we arrived specifically told us we were 'upgraded' to Savannah. I didn't want to embarrass her by asking but I assumed it was just one of the rooms that was reclassified to standard. Very nice corner room with views of animals all day. Not bad for standard points :D)
Thanks! It's good to hear that you had good animal viewing from that room!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
tgropp
DIS Veteran

When our group stayed at AKLV before our cruise, two couples had standard rooms but were assigned Savanagh view rooms. I am not sure if some standard rooms have Savanagh views. They were quite happy with their rooms though.
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #33
chainkid
Mouseketeer

We were upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom unit for a two night stay at Kidani village on our last trip. It seemed to me that this room was not an actual savannah view room which we had requested as it had a view of a chain link fence and road. you could see a few animals if you looked to your left out at the corner of the building. We had several villas on this trip which were all together except this one which was on the other side of the resort. It actually worked out better for our group as we had a couple extra people show up and they got to sleep in a room rather than the living room. I do not believe this was a savannah view room though and i would have complained if i had gotten a one bedroom with this view. So it can happen you will get a larger unit staying on points if they gave away your room which i'm sure is what happened with us. Checkin at Kidani was a nightmare from beginning to end while our BWV checkin was a breeze and we did online check in at both
chainkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #34
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

I dont' think this counts but as one of our first visits with DS to WDW we had booked a value room with a discount.

Disney called us and asked if we would take a studio at OKW. I said IDK and had to speak with DH. Well, after a few minutes she offered us a 1 br at OKW so we made sure we could have the 1 br room for my discounted value rate of $79USD. She said yes.

It was a great trip, we fell in love with OKW and of course bought at OKW.

Does Disney profile? We were a two income family, with a young child and perfect credit rating. Hmmmm
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieVanMom View Post
I dont' think this counts but as one of our first visits with DS to WDW we had booked a value room with a discount.

Disney called us and asked if we would take a studio at OKW. I said IDK and had to speak with DH. Well, after a few minutes she offered us a 1 br at OKW so we made sure we could have the 1 br room for my discounted value rate of $79USD. She said yes.

It was a great trip, we fell in love with OKW and of course bought at OKW.

Does Disney profile? We were a two income family, with a young child and perfect credit rating. Hmmmm
These were most likely rooms under CRO's control. They have a hard time filling rooms at OKW or SSR for CRO, so they sometimes overbook the values (which they have a demand for) and offer people moves to OKW or SSR.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #36
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Got a savaanah view at jambo when we booked a standard view last week.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #37
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
Got a savaanah view at jambo when we booked a standard view last week.
Do you remember your room number? I'm tracking the rooms that have been reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View. Here is the current list. If your room is not already listed I would appreciate it if you could provide the room number, thanks!

AKV rooms reclassified from Savanna View to Standard View:

5203: Studio, Lobby, Sunset side (hansel1)
5228: 1BR, Sunset, over a people pen (P&B's Mom)
5234: 1BR, Sunset, inside corner of first spur, "Fantastic savanna view" (Doug7856)
5238: Dedicated studio by a stairwell, Sunset (Anal Annie)
5257: Studio, Sunset, near inside corner inside first spur, people pen (NHGoofy)
5322: Studio, Sunset, over a people pen (Simba's Mom)
5348: Studio, Sunset, view of people pen and animal barns (rlduvall)
5372: Studio, Sunset, in a corner above the last spur near a "people pen" (erionm)
5384: Studio, Sunset, next to exit stairs at end of Kudu trail (rlduvall)
5522: Studio, Uzima, just before the last spur, over a people pen (mmmagic7754)
5528: Studio, Uzima, in a corner next to last spur (b-1)
5543: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on outside of last spur - not verified
5544: 1BR, Uzima, in a corner on inside of last spur (TwinsFan, Splashboat)
5545: Studio, Uzima, near a corner on outside of last spur (KAT4DISNEY)
5549: 1BR, Far side of last spur off Zebra Trail, near Arusha/Uzima fence (mousefan1972)
5584: Studio, Arusha/Uzima border, last room on Zebra trail next to exit stairs (Ansky)

????: 1BR located above the check-in desk (Magic3forme)
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #38
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Your comments came off to me as being really rude (although context is hard to judge on internet comments):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
You really should have booked a one bedroom at the minimum with a family of four.
Sorry, I couldn't afford that at the time of booking, and it's too late to change it now anyway. From what I understand, a studio room has a pullout for my 5 and 7 year old. And the reason I am renting is to save money vs. a normal room. I also understood that DVC rooms were generally better than standard rooms, is that not true? And on top of that, isn't a "studio" room a standard DVC room? If a studio really won't fit us, then I've been given wrong information from a number of people, including Dave's DVC Rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
If you use your logic, they should ignore you totally because you wanted a bargain to begin with. So they should not expect you to even want to buy DVC and not waste their time or your time.
Actually, I have thought about being in DVC before. Just because people want bargains doesn't mean they are broke.... I think it makes them smart. In fact isn't that what DVC sells you on, is that it's a "great deal" because your vacations are pre-paid and you don't have to worry? The argument of "you are renting a cheap room, therefore you are worthless for us to sell to because you are probably broke" is a quick way for companies to go out of business, and Disney isn't that stupid.

I'm not looking for handouts, it was just a simple question about upgrade possibilities.

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/

Last edited by ethanwa; 02-21-2013 at 02:16 PM.
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #39
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
The argument of "you are renting a cheap room, therefore you are worthless for us to sell to because you are probably broke" is a quick way for companies to go out of business, and Disney isn't that stupid.
Broad characterizations aside, I agree with the others that your status as a renter will do nothing to encourage Disney to offer an upgrade. Right or wrong, Disney has never taken an active interest in identifying renters & guests to make a strong sales push.

DVC is a timeshare and timeshares are designed to be near 100% occupancy year-round. In most cases, resorts simply do not even have capacity available to offer upgrades. If there are 200 One Bedroom Villas, the resort will accept reservations for 200 One Bedroom Villas on any given day (less some modest amount set aside for maintenance needs.)

Aulani is a bit different since it's still in active sales and Disney does often have excess inventory. Still, in the recent history of DVC there is no pattern of complimentary upgrades being offered to prospects.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

We booked standard at Kidani, 1Bdrm and got 7839. This was the 1st room on the Savannah. I think we got very blessed with pixie dust. It wasn't a busy savannah. We saw some of the cattle and lots of birds and some little antelopes, but since we didn't plan to see anything but parking lot, we were very excited.

It was our 1st stay on points so I have no idea if that had anything to do with it. I won't expect it to happen again and am grateful it did this once!
catherines_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #41
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
The argument of "you are renting a cheap room, therefore you are worthless for us to sell to because you are probably broke" is a quick way for companies to go out of business, and Disney isn't that stupid.
I can't speak for how Disney screen's potential buyers but I do have an idea for how other companies including Bluegreen, Wyndham, Starwood and Marriott do this. I realize there is a difference since all of those other companies actively recruit people to tour, often give them bribes to do so and are willing to tour people repeatedly over time. As I've said before, I feel Disney is missing out on a golden opportunity by not setting up an active recruitment process when people check in to DVC resorts. I know people like the low key approach but I maintain it's possible to do both, Marriott and Westin do, BG and Wyndham not so much (far more aggressive). Generally they require both spouse's to tour for those Married and require a certain minimum income, somewhere between $45K & $75K depending on the company. They also look at whether they bought resale or retail for those who are already owners. The point is they do put an effort to discern those that could buy and those that can't and they keep files on them accordingly.

I also maintain that for most timeshares, it's considered counterproductive to offer upgrades. As a rule, they'll let better views go empty rather than upgrading an owner to better than they own or something that's more points. There are exceptions of course. The reasoning is they don't want people to underbuy hoping for an upgrade but to buy the more expensive view or more points.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year

Just happened to us for the first time this past Sept. Had a 2 bedroom at Kidani rented got there and they gave us a Grand Villa
Disneyaunt4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: