Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #16
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran
 
maria-fan-22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 2,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
When I looked we seemed close to elevators but I must have had the ship turned around- lol! The one review I found on my stateroom did say it was quite and near some secret area which i think is just an empty deck with chairs. And yes it was less expensive for sure. And with the navigators porthole which is exactly what DS wanted.

I'm terrible with spacial relations and directions, the cruise should be interesting.

I just noticed that you said navigators varandah...

7622 is in two different places on the newer and older ships... I went newer just by default... Sorry!

Yall are very close to the aft lifts... but aft of the Lifts so few people will be back there... nice and quiet but accessible... Good choice!
__________________


I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-fan-22 View Post
I just noticed that you said navigators varandah...

7622 is in two different places on the newer and older ships... I went newer just by default... Sorry!

Yall are very close to the aft lifts... but aft of the Lifts so few people will be back there... nice and quiet but accessible... Good choice!

Is a lift an elevator?

It looked like a good choice but what the AFT do I know?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #18
maria-fan-22
DIS Veteran
 
maria-fan-22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 2,322

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Is a lift an elevator?
Yes it is... My British and Southern mix alot... Next I'll start telling you about Zebra Crossings...
__________________


I'm on Twitter! @DCLdude

http://dcldude.webs.com/
maria-fan-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #19
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW
 
Chilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 13,625

Are you on the Wonder? Thats the cabin I had on my honeymoon. I like the location. Easy to run up to deck 9 to get soft drinks.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #20
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
Are you on the Wonder? Thats the cabin I had on my honeymoon. I like the location. Easy to run up to deck 9 to get soft drinks.
Yes we are. That's very cool and congrats! How was the view? Do you happen to have any non-honeymoon type cabin pics to share? What were your views of while pulling into port?
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm in the back? I thought we were near the front. I'm so AFTing confused. Is AFT non desirable? Clearly I'm very green.
I'm not an AFT fan. It has the most movement on the ship (IMO) and I tend to get motion sick.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #22
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Celebration, FL
Posts: 6,185

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981

I'm not an AFT fan. It has the most movement on the ship (IMO) and I tend to get motion sick.
And we by contrast, adore aft, always stay aft, & feel like the most movement is felt forward.

Different strokes for different folks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #23
miker1251
If you can dream it, you can do it.
 
miker1251's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 206

I have stayed fore, aft, and midship. As long as your own the ship, it's all good.
__________________
miker1251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,832

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker1251 View Post
I have stayed fore, aft, and midship. As long as your own the ship, it's all good.
I would love to own a DCL ship.

We've stayed in all three as well. Preferred aft or midship. There wasn't a lot of motion for us forward, and we were 2 staterooms shy of being as far forward as you could be, except when moving fast in rougher seas. Our problem with forward was the noise from waves slapping the hull. It was horrible, but that's just our experience.
__________________
DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups
 
TLSnell1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,235

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Is a lift an elevator?

)
my favorite word when searching for a European hotel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
And we by contrast, adore aft, always stay aft, & feel like the most movement is felt forward.

Different strokes for different folks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I haven't had the same problems forward and I don't know why. Supposedly, the movement is about the same. Maybe, it's because I'm a "front seat" person or the seas were a little rougher? I just don't know.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #26
disbound09
Mouseketeer
 
disbound09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 310

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

AFTer your cruise you will have a preference. Motion sickness pills right next to ear plugs right next to toothpaste all essential on vacations forward or aft.
__________________
: ME54:DW53:DS20 DS17 DS11:
disbound09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker1251 View Post
I have stayed fore, aft, and midship. As long as your own the ship, it's all good.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
I would love to own a DCL ship.

We've stayed in all three as well. Preferred aft or midship. There wasn't a lot of motion for us forward, and we were 2 staterooms shy of being as far forward as you could be, except when moving fast in rougher seas. Our problem with forward was the noise from waves slapping the hull. It was horrible, but that's just our experience.

So I think AFT is a good choice. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
And we by contrast, adore aft, always stay aft, & feel like the most movement is felt forward.

Different strokes for different folks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's what I've read. Glad it wasn't a mistake AFTer all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
I'm not an AFT fan. It has the most movement on the ship (IMO) and I tend to get motion sick.
I've never been seasick and never hope to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
my favorite word when searching for a European hotel!


I haven't had the same problems forward and I don't know why. Supposedly, the movement is about the same. Maybe, it's because I'm a "front seat" person or the seas were a little rougher? I just don't know.

I thought he meant elevator but thought maybe is was a cruise term.



Quote:
Originally Posted by disbound09 View Post
AFTer your cruise you will have a preference. Motion sickness pills right next to ear plugs right next to toothpaste all essential on vacations forward or aft.

Don't jinx me!
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751






Last edited by rentayenta; 02-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
jenf22
DIS Veteran
 
jenf22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beautiful Colorado
Posts: 951

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post


Thank you all for the info. So it's just the back half.


Is my cabin AFT?


Stateroom:
Room #7622
Category 07A - Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah

View:
Private verandah with nautical touches and a large open-air porthole in the solid white wall above


<------ still laughing. Baby got AFT!
Hi there! I'm sure you know by now that you are aft, so I wanted to join some of the others by saying we LOVED aft on the Wonder and Magic. We have stayed in 7620 and 7618. Just a word of advice - 7620 is a "secret verandah" room. It's still priced as a Navigator's, but has a plexiglass bottom and an open top (instead of the porthole). So if you have time before your cruise sails, you might want to keep searching the DCL website to see if that room becomes available (it's amazing to me how the rooms come and go on a day-to-day basis). If you ever see it as an option, call DCL or your TA and switch. You won't be sorry! Have a great cruise!
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #29
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone
 
rentayenta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Utah
Posts: 24,478

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
Hi there! I'm sure you know by now that you are aft, so I wanted to join some of the others by saying we LOVED aft on the Wonder and Magic. We have stayed in 7620 and 7618. Just a word of advice - 7620 is a "secret verandah" room. It's still priced as a Navigator's, but has a plexiglass bottom and an open top (instead of the porthole). So if you have time before your cruise sails, you might want to keep searching the DCL website to see if that room becomes available (it's amazing to me how the rooms come and go on a day-to-day basis). If you ever see it as an option, call DCL or your TA and switch. You won't be sorry! Have a great cruise!

I'm so glad you enjoyed your cabins! Thank you! I didn't see what room I was getting until I booked. Do I need to go all the way through the process to see what rooms are available? I just knew it was 07A Navigators Verandah.

DS really wanted a port hole and I wanted a verandah so the Navigator's seems like perfect compromise. I kind of like the idea of the closed in area too.
__________________
me DH DD17 DD15 DS13 Lily Guinness

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751





rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #30
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,363

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
Or if Sir Mix-a-lot was a sailor his song would be Baby got Aft.
Love it!
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.