DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Question about Kidani pool

I have a trip planned for May, and right now am staying the first 4 nights in a standard view studio at Kidani, then switching over to a 1BR standard view at BWV for the last three nights. For the same amount of points I could stay 5nights in a 1BR standard view at Jambo House.

I really love Jambo House, having stayed in the regular hotel several times before, never DVC though, and like the convenience of Mara, as well as having the pool right there outside the doors. Right now I'm opting to do the Kidani/BWV split, as I really would like to be close to Epcot for a few days during the F&G Festival, and I get two extra nights!

My concern is that I love to go to the hot tub in the evening after a long park day, and it freaks me out a little that I have to walk through the parking lot to get to the pool area at Kidani. I may be traveling alone on this trip. For those of you who stayed at Kidani, do you find the pool being away from the resort to be an inconvenience/problem?

If you were making this decision, would you do the 7 night standard studio Kidani/ standard view 1BR BWV split, or the 5 night Jambo 1BR standard view?
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #2
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ View Post
I have a trip planned for May, and right now am staying the first 4 nights in a standard view studio at Kidani, then switching over to a 1BR standard view at BWV for the last three nights. For the same amount of points I could stay 5nights in a 1BR standard view at Jambo House.

I really love Jambo House, having stayed in the regular hotel several times before, never DVC though, and like the convenience of Mara, as well as having the pool right there outside the doors. Right now I'm opting to do the Kidani/BWV split, as I really would like to be close to Epcot for a few days during the F&G Festival, and I get two extra nights!

My concern is that I love to go to the hot tub in the evening after a long park day, and it freaks me out a little that I have to walk through the parking lot to get to the pool area at Kidani. I may be traveling alone on this trip. For those of you who stayed at Kidani, do you find the pool being away from the resort to be an inconvenience/problem?

If you were making this decision, would you do the 7 night standard studio Kidani/ standard view 1BR BWV split, or the 5 night Jambo 1BR standard view?

Oh yes, edited to add, due to poor planning, I have to use these points before my use year is up on September 30th, or lose them, and my AP expires on the last day of my trip, so have to go this time of year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
Rochester Disney Fan
Mouseketeer

The Kidani pool is one of my favorites. As far as the walk to get to the pool, there is an elevator just outside the lower pool gate to the main floors of the Resort.Its probably not even 50 yards from the gate.Once inside the resort its just 1 long hall depending on where your room is. Our first stay I was lucky enough to be the first room from this elevator.

Rochester Disney Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I've never felt unsafe anywhere at any of the WDW Disney resorts, so I'd go with the split. It is really nice to be so close to EPCOT for Flower & Garden - one of my favorite times to visit.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
TeresaNJ

Thanks for the replies! Makes me feel much better about my decision.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

I'm trying to figure out why you need a 1 BR if you are traveling alone. My vote would be 4 nights at Kidani, then 5-6 nights at BWV in a Studio. I don't know if one is available for your dates though. When traveling alone, I'd rather have more nights than more space.

Last edited by DisneyStarWisher; 02-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.
DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
TeresaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
I'm trying to figure out why you need a 1 BR if you are traveling alone. My vote would be 4 nights at Kidani, then 5-6 nights at BWV in a Studio. I don't know if one is available for your dates though. When traveling alone, I'd rather have more nights than more space.
I need to use up all the points, 144 of them, by September 30th. My AP expires May 13th. I don't want to be away from home more than a week, leaving my DH to deal with the pets, while he is trying to work, as he has crazy hours. I already feel bad going without him, as I just went on a Disney trip with my sister in December for 9 nights, doing a split stay at BWV & VWL.

If I did 5 nights in a 1BR standard at Jambo House, it is exactly 144 points. The Kidani standard studio for 4 nights, and BWV standard 1BR for the last 3 nights comes to 143 points.

I guess I could always try renting the points, if I really wanted to be considerate of DH, , and not go at all, but I really love the F&G Festival!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
joelp
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I need to use up all the points, 144 of them, by September 30th. My AP expires May 13th. I don't want to be away from home more than a week, leaving my DH to deal with the pets, while he is trying to work, as he has crazy hours. I already feel bad going without him, as I just went on a Disney trip with my sister in December for 9 nights, doing a split stay at BWV & VWL.

If I did 5 nights in a 1BR standard at Jambo House, it is exactly 144 points. The Kidani standard studio for 4 nights, and BWV standard 1BR for the last 3 nights comes to 143 points.

I guess I could always try renting the points, if I really wanted to be considerate of DH, , and not go at all, but I really love the F&G Festival!
I'd go with the split stay ... 2 extra nights in WDW?!? AND being able to walk to Epcot for the F&G Festival!?! - a no-brainer!!

Off site - 8/76, 10/90, 10/94; POFQ - 5/07; AKL - 12/08; AKL - 9/09; Off site - 6/10; AS Movies - 3/11;
AKV-Kidani - 11/12; AKV-Jambo - 11/13 ; AKV-Jambo - 12/14

Dec 2008 Trip report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post29702539
Sep 2009 Trip Report at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post34156519
Sep 2009 TR continued (but never finished) at http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post36403597
March 2011 PTR at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2643038
joelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
rickansrud
Earning My Ears

I have stayed there as well... Never felt unsafe walking either! But with you, prefer Jambo. Have a great time and enjoy!
rickansrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Definitely the split stay. I love it when we can incorporate BWV into one of our visit, and being able to walk to F&G will be awesome. If fact, we have a BWV studio for two nights over spring break and plan on doing just that!

The Kidani pool area is really nice. The walk from the front entrance to the pool gate is not very far. There are valet and other CM's out front all the time and the area is well-lit, so very safe. If you have never dined at Sanaa, you should definitely consider trying it. I think you may be able to order off the menu at the little bar/lounge adjacent to the restaurant.

Enjoy your trip!
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #11
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I think you're going to have a great trip! I love the Flower show, and I'm staying at BWV and VWL for my April trip because I love getting to Epcot from BWV.

Also, for the workshops, it's easier to enter from the main entrance, so when I'm staying at VWL, that's when I'll do a workshop. Walking is hard for me.

Bobbi
Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #12
TeresaNJ

Thank you for all your great replies!!! I've never eaten at Sanaa, and didn't know they have a louge area attached. That is good to know. I don't really drink, but might want to relax with an Amarula. So delicious!

Okay, another question. I can still do a split stay, with either 4 nights standard view studio at Kidani, or 3 nights savannah view studio at Kidani, and then the 3 nights BWV 1BR. Is the savannah view worth losing a night? It would be better for DH if I'm only away six nights instead of seven, but the frugal part of me wants to get everything I can out of these points within reason.

Last edited by TeresaNJ; 02-09-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
RachaelA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for all your great replies!!! I've never eaten at Sanaa, and didn't know they have a louge area attached. That is good to know. I don't really drink, but might want to relax with an Amarula. So delicious!

Okay, another question. I can still do a split stay, with either 4 nights standard view studio at Kidani, or 3 nights savannah view studio at Kidani, and then the 3 nights BWV 1BR. Is the savannah view worth losing a night? It would be better for DH if I'm only away six nights instead of seven, but the frugal part of me wants to get everything I can out of these points within reason.
I would always choose an extra day at Disney over a view Maybe ask your husband and see what he thinks? He might say that one more day in the whole scheme of things isn't bad.

Aug 2005 1st Trip Offsite-Jan 2008 Pop-June 2009 AKL CL *Disneymoon!*-May 2010 AKL CL *1st Anniversary*-Dec 2010 Pop - October 2012- First birthday trip and first trip home to BLT! - May 2013- AKV Upcoming Trip: October 2014- BLT *1st and 3rd birthday trip!*
RachaelA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #14
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

I would do the savannah view room. We had to switch dates last minute in December, and we couldn't get a whole week savannah so we went std view.

I kind of regretted not getting the savannah view. We have stayed in a savannah room before, so we knew what we were missing.
There are lots of places to stop and look at the animals, but its just more convenient after a long day to just look outside your window. Or to eat breakfast or other meals when your looking out the window at the animals.

However, you never know what time of day you get to view the most animals.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
Kidanifan08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaNJ

I am also someone who generally chooses more time at Disney over a better view. But in your situation, it sounds like a shorter stay may be desirable. We love the savanna view rooms at Kidani. There is nothing like sitting out on the balcony in the morning, sipping on coffee, and watching the savanna wake up. We have done standard views twice -- once we had a view of the bus stop (and heard the beeping of buses) and the other time we got lucky with a pool view that was right on the edge of the Pembe savanna. One advantage of doing the standard view is that you may be more motivated to leave the room and explore the resort. There are plenty of places to go and view the animals. On a solo trip, I think it would be great to have the privacy, peacefulness, and wonderful view of a savanna room.
POP 2004, POR Oct '08, SSR Jan '09 (first DVC trip!), AKV-K June '09, ASM Oct '09, CBR Jan '10, AKV-K Dec '10, CSR Feb '11, OKW Aug '11, Kidani/BLT Oct '11, BWV/GF Mar '12, Jambo-CL/BLT May/June '12, Kidani Dec '12, BWV Apr '13, BLT/Kidani July '13, Jambo-CL Apr '14, BCV/Kidani July '14, BWV/GF Oct '14, Jambo Dec '14, Jambo-CL July '15

Kidanifan08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: