Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
lmb80129
Mouseketeer

Family of 5 hotel before Fantasy cruise

Anyone have a suggestion for a hotel before our October Fantasy cruise for a family of 5? We are open to suggestions near the airport or by the port. Not sure if we will rent a car or take a shuttle at this point. Just having trouble finding a nice hotel for a family of 5 and appreciate any suggestions!
lmb80129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
chudson98
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. They have family suites! Very nice, great breakfast and shuttle to the port. It's really close!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
smile750
Mouseketeer

We were a family of 5 (mom,dad, two boys 5 and 7, and my sister). We had a two bedroom suite at Marriott Residence Inn - it was beautiful and had a great breakfast. Kids slept on sleeper couch, sister in one room, and my husband and I in the other. Had a full kitchen we didn't use. But lots of space.
smile750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb80129 View Post
Anyone have a suggestion for a hotel before our October Fantasy cruise for a family of 5? We are open to suggestions near the airport or by the port. Not sure if we will rent a car or take a shuttle at this point. Just having trouble finding a nice hotel for a family of 5 and appreciate any suggestions!

I like Sheraton Four Points next door to the Ron Jon shop in Cocoa Beach. Near the beach with plenty of dining options near by.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile750 View Post
We were a family of 5 (mom,dad, two boys 5 and 7, and my sister). We had a two bedroom suite at Marriott Residence Inn - it was beautiful and had a great breakfast. Kids slept on sleeper couch, sister in one room, and my husband and I in the other. Had a full kitchen we didn't use. But lots of space.
Ditto. We always now stay at the MRI. 2 bedroom suites are great with full kitchen and free complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning. Friendly staff, clean hotel, nice pool. Each bedroom has its own bathroom which was great when we traveled with another couple and another time with extended family.

We have stayed at the country inn and suites and much prefer the Marriott Residence Inn.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
canadiandisneycruise
Mouseketeer

Another vote for the Residence Inn. Just stayed in November before our cruise. We also have a family of five. Hertz is located in the same parking lot, so it's very convenient if you want to rent a car. Drop off was a breeze, and we didn't wait for the free shuttle to the ship at all!
canadiandisneycruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #7
ariel fans
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb80129
Residence inn great choice !!!
ariel fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

As a family of 5 we've always stayed at the Radison with a roll out bed, Ron Jon 2 bedroom or the Hampton Inn connecting rooms with Ron Jon being our favorite for all that is offered but it is a bit more expensive.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
lizzyb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
I like Sheraton Four Points next door to the Ron Jon shop in Cocoa Beach. Near the beach with plenty of dining options near by.

Mike
This is where we are are going to stay.
Oct. 23-28, 2007 Pop Century,July 12-19, 2008 Pop Century, Jan. 23-30, 2009 Pop Century, Jan.23-31,2010 POR, Aug. 28-Sept. 4, 2011 CSR, Aug.13-19, 2012 AoA, April 20-27, 2013 Disney Fantasy, Aug. 3-12, 2014 CR, April 25- May 2, 2015 Disney Fantasy

lizzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

We have stayed at the Residence Inn 3 times now. no problems!! they have 2 bedroom suites also.

their breakfast buffet was good and it is so close to the port!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #11
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

We just stayed at the Ron Jon resort in Port Canaveral. It was a great place for families. There was a water park with slides and a lazy river, mini golf and beach access all right at the resort. Our one bedroom was $140ish/night, had a full kitchen, washer/dryer and slept six. We would definitely stay there again.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #12
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmb80129 View Post
If you are interested in a location by the airport, we have stayed at the Embassy Suites.
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #13
crafty91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post

Mike
THIS ^ ! We LOVE the Sheraton Four Points! I believe each room has two beds and a pull out.
Magic March 2010
Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Fantasy Maiden Voyage March 2012
Fantasy Western July 2012
Fantasy Western March Spring Break 2013
Fantasy March 2014 Western Caribbean

NEXT: Magic Mediterranean July 2014

Beyond: Fantasy Eastern March Spring Break 2015
crafty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #14
GBBTomorrow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chudson98
We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites. They have family suites! Very nice, great breakfast and shuttle to the port. It's really close!
Our TA recommended this and we're going to stay there before our next cruise. We are also a family of 5, and booked a room with a queen bed, bunk beds and a twin bed. The TA says that when she has stayed there with her family, the kids have made friends at the pool the night before embarkation and then hung out with those kids on board. I spoke with someone at their desk with a few questions, and the man was extremely polite and friendly, giving me a good feeling about the choice. (And I live in South Carolina; I have very high standards when it comes to polite and friendly.)
GBBTomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
makunc1
Earning My Ears

We are a family of 5 and staying at the Hyatt Regency MCO next Friday before our Fantasy cruise. They take the bags straight from the room to the ship. I will let you know how it was when we return.
makunc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: