Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #91
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan

I agree. Still the question of when you would be able to change you park of the day for your FP+'s is something I still wonder about. If all of my FP+s are for 2:00 p.m. and after, could I cancel all of them at 1:55 and change them to another park? I have my doubts there would be much to choose at that point but I would love to know how they plan to handle something like that.
It's possible but I really doubt you'd be able too. My guess is once a park opens your park selection is set, but again like so much of it, we won't know until The start FP+. Even then there's a good chance they will make tweaks to the system.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
mikegood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #92
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I agree. Still the question of when you would be able to change you park of the day for your FP+'s is something I still wonder about. If all of my FP+s are for 2:00 p.m. and after, could I cancel all of them at 1:55 and change them to another park? I have my doubts there would be much to choose at that point but I would love to know how they plan to handle something like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
It's possible but I really doubt you'd be able too. My guess is once a park opens your park selection is set, but again like so much of it, we won't know until The start FP+. Even then there's a good chance they will make tweaks to the system.

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards
Actually, I recall that the T&C said you could change things up until the first one is redeemed or expired. But you had to change the "set" - the meaning of which is still not clear. At a minimum, I believe it means if you change them, you need to change all of them to the new park. After the first one redeems/expires, you are then able to change them individually.

I think the wording around the "set" changed from the original version. They now talk about the initial choice being of an "experience set", which makes me wonder about the freedom of individual choices early on.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #93
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
I asked directly and was told that the FP+ would not replace in-park FastPass options, especially as FP+ is only initially available to resort guests. It may change in the future, but for the time being, they will work together.

When it was described to me, they said that an in-park system would still have to exist for those who are doing day trips and those who are local AP folks who come by regularly, but don't plan extensive stays. I was told that, with the FP+ system, because if favors resort guests and those who will make the 60/90 day window for FP+ scheduling, they would have to keep a FP system within the park that is much the same as exists now, only with less available in-park to balance out the FP+ demand, so that everybody would have access to the system and those who are local, AP, or spontaneous visitors will not have the same access to features that other guests do. I was told this was one of the complaints about the system that people brought up, and the retaining of the internal system was the response.
They?
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #94
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Just an FYI for those of you interested in DLR. Signs are up and CMs are warning guests. FP enforcement is apparently starting next Monday. They appear to be just shy of a year behind WDW in their journey.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #95
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Just an FYI for those of you interested in DLR. Signs are up and CMs are warning guests. FP enforcement is apparently starting next Monday. They appear to be just shy of a year behind WDW in their journey.
Yup, but I expect the MyMagic+ rollout to be a bit faster. They are letting WDW work out all the kinks first.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #96
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Yup, but I expect the MyMagic+ rollout to be a bit faster. They are letting WDW work out all the kinks first.
I agree. And I can definitely think of a few "kinks" I'd like to see worked out...... I'm just hoping DLR holds off until after Christmas.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #97
torinsmom
I have someone coming to scoop
I don't know how a man could wear them

We are going to WDW/Universal in July and typically I would have bought our tickets by now. Now, I'm just waiting to see how this whole thing works out. With all the tour groups and how busy it is in July, I don't think we will spend the money on Disney if FP+ will be the only FPs. We are staying offsite and always use the regular FP system 3-4 times per day at least when we tour WDW. It will be cheaper just to add more days at Universal or add on Sea World anyway.
August 3-11, 2008--Pop Century Grand Gathering
July 6-13, 2009--Universal Studios
June 16-25 2010--Universal AND Disney for 10 days (Emerald Island)
August 10-20 2011--Universal and Disney(Indian Creek)
July 6-14 2012--Universal and Disney--doing YES again!
July 14-21 2013--Universal and Disney with family
torinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #98
Tropical Wilds
The Command considers us a bunch of losers. But we’re gonna do it right this time, ’cause we’re the best. If we don’t... We’ll be drummed out of the corps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedream View Post
Who told you this?
One of the supervisors who was overseeing the RFID application and changeover at the Magic Kingdom. I was standing by the Mary Poppins M&G and she came from backstage towards Main St. She had a pin lanyard with a pin I was looking for, I asked to trade a pin, I saw the RFID logo on her shirt and just to make idle chit chat while we were exchanging pins, said it was an interesting system. She asked if I'd used it, I said I had because I was part of the blogger Fantasyland tour via Disney, so we were asked to use it at the gate and at the gift shops. She asked my thoughts, I said the system was interesting but that I had concerns about how it was going to applied through the parks for FPs. The conversation went from there. Overall, we talked about 10 or so minutes, maybe a little longer, before our group reunited and moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
They?
1. nominative plural of he, she, and it, especially in groups of mixed gender or identifiers:
2. people or person in general: They told me it was OK.
3. slang/informal, used with an indefinite singular human identifier used to replace definite use of the masculine singular "he" or feminine "she."
11/1994 ~ CBR, 11/1996 ~ CBR, 11/1999 ~ Off-site (Grad Night!), 11/2007 ~ CBR, 9/2011 ~ ASMu, 1/2012 ~ POP, 10/2012 ~ POP, 1/2013 ~ Poly, 5/2013 ~ POP, 11/7/2013 ~ CBR Wine and Dine Half Marathon! 2/2014 ~ Poly Glass Slipper Challenge

Next trip: 11/2014 ~ Wine and Dine Half 5th Anniversary

°o°Find Me on Flickr°o°My Blog - The Disney Chef°o°
Tropical Wilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #99
shademan
Earning My Ears

At this point, most Disney experts seem to think that the old system is going away sooner rather than later. That being said, Disney can't afford to scrap a system that works until the new one works perfectly. If you have a trip planned for later this year, just wait until trip reports start rolling in through the spring and summer and make your decision later on. Nothing to do now but wait.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #100
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Wilds View Post
One of the supervisors who was overseeing the RFID application and changeover at the Magic Kingdom. I was standing by the Mary Poppins M&G and she came from backstage towards Main St. She had a pin lanyard with a pin I was looking for, I asked to trade a pin, I saw the RFID logo on her shirt and just to make idle chit chat while we were exchanging pins, said it was an interesting system. She asked if I'd used it, I said I had because I was part of the blogger Fantasyland tour via Disney, so we were asked to use it at the gate and at the gift shops. She asked my thoughts, I said the system was interesting but that I had concerns about how it was going to applied through the parks for FPs. The conversation went from there. Overall, we talked about 10 or so minutes, maybe a little longer, before our group reunited and moved on.
Just as an FYI, the front line CMs - even the supervisors - often don't have the complete details of such things, only what they need to know.

Fastpass is NOT going away in the short term. It needs to remain for all the guests who do not have access to FP+. However, logic dictates that the two systems can't really coexist in the end, since there is a finite number of FP+/FP that can be given out for any given attraction. In addition, the plan is for ALL tickets to be RFID enabled or have guests use MagicBands. Given that they haven't converted any FP kiosks to utilize RFID yet, it seems unlikely they plan to.

And then, ultimately, why maintain two systems giving similar service but radically different implementations?

So it is possible they were referring to the short term, or wasn't informed of the long term plans. Or they really do plan to somehow keep it around and keep up maintenance (maintaining the magstripe scanners, printers, keeping them full of ticket stock, etc. - most of which goes away with the new system)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: