Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Cool How to download the video edition

I've seen a lot of people asking how you can download the video edition to watch offline or to put it on your iPhone or similar device. Understandably The DIS haven't got a video feed on iTunes due to the server costs however there is a way of getting round this.

You can get add-ons for browsers that allow you to download videos from Youtube. The one I use is called Flash Video Downloader which is available for Firefox.

When you add this to Firefox it adds a blue arrow to your browser as shown in the image below. It is only blue when you are on a website with videos that it recognises such as Youtube. Otherwise the arrow will have a red cross.

Navigate to the video you want to download on Youtube such as this weeks News podcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r55sCUriO8

Once the video begins playing the arrow will become blue. Clicking on the arrow brings up a list different file types of video you wish to download as shown in the image above. If you click on Switch to Full Mode it will show the box in the image below. This expands the information giving you all the options. For viewing a video back on Apple device etc you want the MP4 version. Video types are indicated by logos, you want the one which is shown next to the SD version in the image below. DIS videos will have two MP4 videos an HD and an SD version you can choose either depending on your internet connection. For example the News show this week is 192.1 MB for SD and 657.64 MB for HD.

The image below shows how it also adds a blue arrow to Youtube webpage. This brings down a list of file types and may be easier to work out which one you want as it is clearly labeled MP4.

Once you have downloaded the MP4 version of the show you just then need to add this to your iTunes library and sync it to your device. Or you can watch it in a media player such as VLC or as I like to do watch it back on my PS3.

To download the Flash Video Downloader Add-on go to the link below.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...oader-youtube/

Hopefully this will help and if you have any questions just ask.
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Thanks! I use DownloadHelper, but it doesn't work with Flash Videos. Can I assume from the name that this one does?

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
DrZoidberg
Mouseketeer

For android phone users download the app FREEdi YouTube Downloader from the amazon app store. it works great.
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
Roryh22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Thanks! I use DownloadHelper, but it doesn't work with Flash Videos. Can I assume from the name that this one does?

Sayhello
Yep this works with flash videos.
Roryh22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: