Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #16
JaneBanks
Lime Cordial, delicious! Laughing on the ceiling with Uncle Albert

Just saw a preview for this story here in NY.

(ME) (DH) =

December 2010 Grand Floridian Honeymoon

February 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
January 2014 Port Orleans French Quarter

2014 Reading Challenge
Currently Reading Book #1 - The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #17
wvjules
DIS Veteran

I texted DBF to tell him to be on the lookout for the perp and his vehicle. He's at King's Canyon (?) today.
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #18
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing
It is always important to know what team the whackjobs are playing for!
It was the wedding with a two-meatball limit

I've been following this on KTLA online. They think they found the vehicle in Big Bear. It had been set on fire.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

I had not heard of it until your post. Just read the manifesto.

Wow.

I do not even know what to say.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
3 MEN AND A BOAT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidict

I can't believe they just opened fire on 2 vehicles that matched his description. They actually hit 2 people. I would lock my car up in the garage if I drove what he was driving for fear of the cops just shooting me on site. You would think that they would do a little bit more checking before shooting at innocent people!
To me this is the bigger story!
Also I heard on the radio he is driving a Nissan Titan, while the picture of the shot up vehicle just now on the news was a Toyota.
3 MEN AND A BOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #21
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 MEN AND A BOAT View Post
To me this is the bigger story!
Also I heard on the radio he is driving a Nissan Titan, while the picture of the shot up vehicle just now on the news was a Toyota.
Not to excuse the cops - but to explain a little more, these women were delivering newspapers in the early morning hours while it was still dark and driving without their lights on while near a house that was under police protection from a man with a shotgun driving the same type vehicle.

I can see where they would be concerned about the vehicle. And I know that the fugitive fired on two officers without any warning, so these cops were worried about that as well.

BUT I've seen photos of the amount of bullet holes in that truck - holy over-reaction!! That was soooo unnecessary. I can see an immediate law suit being won by those women.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #22
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

I've been working so not paying total attention. They are still looking around Big Bear?

I wonder if he's in someplace like SF, since he mentioned tactical events or such in his manifesto.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #23
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
I've been working so not paying total attention. They are still looking around Big Bear?

I wonder if he's in someplace like SF, since he mentioned tactical events or such in his manifesto.
They confirmed that it was his truck found burnt out in Big Bear. And some people say he was seen there.

Could be he's smarter than all that and is throwing them off his trail. I hope not. He's totally nutters and armed. I hope he's found quickly.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #24
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handbag Lady View Post
No, it didn't hit our news here. How awful for her.
It really is so heartbreaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniecarousel View Post
Yes, they've been covering it every day on the SF news channels. So sad. And it's scary when it's so close to home.

And the early morning news and the noon news have been all over the Chris Dorner story. There have been warnings that he may head North, but they don't have any proof that he's on his way here. Sounds like he's unpredictable. Another sad story.
Very scary, we are very familiar with the area she was last seen. Hits very close to home. I'm glad to hear it has been on the news in SF, hopefully it helps find the sick person who did this.

OP I did see this story on MSN after I posted this. WOW! Scary as well. I hope they find him as well.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
sasywtch
DIS Veteran

I pass under 4 Amber Alert signs on the freeway to work and saw the "call 911" if you see and wondered if that was his truck since it didn't say Amber Alert.
So now he's killed another police officer stopped at a light, injured the other one, killed the daughter/fiance, burned his truck and tried to steal a boat in San Diego. Maybe he went to Mexico? (hoping)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #26
mamacatnv
I am the queen of straw!
Almost anything can be fixed with pasta
Do my DH's "Shorty Shorts" count?
I go in search of code!

It made the Austin, TX news last night and again this morning
POFQ-1/1-1/9/07, ASMu-Dec 05/Jan 06 ASSp-Dec 99/Jan 00 Turn of the Century
Thanks AidensMom
mamacatnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #27
diznygirl
I have a symmetry thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasywtch View Post
I pass under 4 Amber Alert signs on the freeway to work and saw the "call 911" if you see and wondered if that was his truck since it didn't say Amber Alert.
So now he's killed another police officer stopped at a light, injured the other one, killed the daughter/fiance, burned his truck and tried to steal a boat in San Diego. Maybe he went to Mexico? (hoping)
No, he tried to steal the boat a couple days ago and then shot the cops and then his truck was found in Big Bear. So they are still concentrating their search there. Lots of empty vacation cabins he could hide in.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #28
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

This is definitely a national news story now.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #29
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

I hope they find him soon. It's scary to know that someone so trained in both police and military tactics can snap like this. It makes hunting him so much more complicated and dangerous.
Bonus book #26- Parasite(Parasitology #1) Mira Grant
2014 Reading Challenge: 35 Books
#1-Bad Monkey Carl Hiaasen, #2- Undead and Unwed MaryJanice Davidson, #3- New Year Island Paul Draker, #4- Belle de Jour: Diary of an Unlikely Call Girl Anonymous, #5-Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers Mary Roach,
#6- Undead and Unemployed MaryJanice Davidson, #7- Infected Scott Sigler, #8- Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex Mary Roach, #9- Flesh Worn Stone John Burks, #10- Uganda Be Kidding Me Chelsea Handler,
#11- The Witness Sandra Brown, #12-Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris, #13- Under the Dome Stephen King, #14- Monument 14 Emmy Laybourne, #15- Monument 14: Sky on Fire Emmy Laybourne, #16- The Magicians Lev Grossman, #17- The Strain Guillermo Del Toro
Soldier's*Sweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #30
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

It's a pretty big story here, too. Just awful! I just found out that he went to the same university I did! Scary!! Luckily, I'm much older, so I never interacted with him, but he did play football for our team.

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ The Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: