Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
bigsar
Earning My Ears

change reservation?

I have Pop booked for Feb 2013. i just read online that the bowling and kiddie pools will be closed during our stay. One of the main reason i booked Pop was b/c of the kiddie pool. (my daughter is 2)
I'm wonding if i should try to change my res to another resort.
is that even possible so close to the date of my stay?
will i have to pay fees?
how is the prices difference between resorts handled?
bigsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
PictureJumpr
At Least 'til it Rains

It is possible to change resorts.
Keep in mind that if you booked using a promotion/discount which has since expired, you will pay for the full price of whatever you had been given a discount for on your current reservation.

There is generally no fee involved, other than payment of whatever additional charges above what you already paid.

Just an fyi, though - the kiddie "pool" at Pop is not heated, it operates more like a fountain, so not sure your kiddo would have been able to get much out of it in February. The main pool is heated, as are the regular pools at all of the resorts.

Pop is a great resort, one of my favorites (and I've stayed in every last one of them); but if you want to change, they'll allow you to do so.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

It's easy to change resorts if the resort you want to change to has availability for your dates. If you booked under a promo which is now expired, you can still change, pending availability under that promo. For an expired promo, you will have to speak to someone in guest services to check availability/make the change as regular CRO CMs don't have access to expired promos. If you are 14 days or less from arrival, you will be charged a $15 fee (regardless of what it does to the total cost).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: