Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
erbeaman
Mouseketeer

Last minute(ish) trip

I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to plan a trip for spring break this year (March 29- April 5). I have been obsessing over lodging options (offsite most likely), and looking for a good deal on a rental mini-van to save the miles on our leased Traverse. It will be me, DH, DS 11, DS 7, DD 5. We want to keep it as budget as possible. We have been to WDW a few times, and are more interested in just being out of the cold MI weather. We may or may not visit the parks, but want to do some resort hopping, spend some time in DTD and at the Boardwalk. Tell me I'm not crazy to try and plan a trip barely a month away, during one of the busiest times of the year. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for budget lodging (somewhere with a kitchen preferably). I'm getting sooo excited even considering the possibility !!!
erbeaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbeaman View Post
I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to plan a trip for spring break this year (March 29- April 5). I have been obsessing over lodging options (offsite most likely), and looking for a good deal on a rental mini-van to save the miles on our leased Traverse. It will be me, DH, DS 11, DS 7, DD 5. We want to keep it as budget as possible. We have been to WDW a few times, and are more interested in just being out of the cold MI weather. We may or may not visit the parks, but want to do some resort hopping, spend some time in DTD and at the Boardwalk. Tell me I'm not crazy to try and plan a trip barely a month away, during one of the busiest times of the year. Also, does anyone have any suggestions for budget lodging (somewhere with a kitchen preferably). I'm getting sooo excited even considering the possibility !!!
Could you really drive that distance and not go into the parks? I would find it difficult to be IN Disney and not visit the parks. The resorts are not decorated for Easter the way they are for Christmas. So there's not that much to see. Personally, I'd find a nice condo on the beach and spend the week there instead.

But if you're determined to do it, the best place to check for affordable, offsite lodging would be the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board. They can point you in the direction of an affordable place with a kitchen.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
tenaseewalker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbeaman View Post
I feel the same about the cold weather too but I have more of a problem with the gloomy skies. Never having sunshine during the winter months really depresses me. I'm trying to resist the urge to go over Easter break since we are going to be going at the end of may. What part of Michigan are you from? What kind of prices have you been finding for a mini van?
Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
BelleBeautyandtheBeast
Disney Dreamer
Tags as old as time
You will be tagged, as sure as the sun will rise!

How about going during Spring Break and getting a pass for the water parks?

Annual Pass (access to both water parks): $106.45 Adult (10+), $85.73 Child (3-9)
Water Park + DisneyQuest Annual Pass: $137.39 Adult (10+), $105.44 Child (3-9)

Being from Ohio, I can relate to the need to escape the dull winter skies and cold weather. I once planned a week long trip driving from OH-FL in less than a week.
7/82 MK * 4/00 MK * 1/7-10/01 ASMo * 3/29-4/1/01 POR * 7/20-25/04 PC * 1/12-15/07 PC * 10/11-16/09 PC * 10/2-5/10 Offsite * 8/13-21/11 ASMu * 3/24-31/13 Offsite * 5/5-10/13 Offsite * 3/4-7/14 ASSp * 6/10-6/16/14 Disneyland * 8/22-25/14 PC * 3/22-29/15 RCCL Freedom of the Seas * 3/29-30/15 USO
BelleBeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
erbeaman
Mouseketeer

I love the idea of getting annual passes to the water parks and DQ! I had never thought of that. Thanks ! I have been scouring all the rental sites, and am having a hard time finding anything this late in the game. I'll keep looking though. I haven't lost hope yet. I think we are just going to take our own car now. Minivan rentals are all around $900! That's almost as much as I'm willing to spend on lodging!
erbeaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: