Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
dani77
Mouseketeer

Bell services...how long until they pick up bags at your room?

I'm doing a split stay in april/may. 5 nights at CSR followed by 5 nights AoA (little mermaid). I do have a car but don't want to loose too much precious disney time transferring from one resort to another.
My plan was to have my bags picked up at my room at CSR in the morning and have them taken to AoA, take my car to the parks and spend the day, check in at AoA late afternoon and get my bags either from the front desk or have them taken to my room.
Now...if I give bell services a call at CSR...how long until someone comes up to take my bags? Is it a matter of minutes? Don't really want to hang around the room for an hour or something. In this case I'd rather take the bags to the front desk myself.
Sorry if this question seems a bit odd but I have not used any kind of luggage service before.
WDW Offsite 1993, Disneyland California 1997+2000, WDW Coronado Springs Resort 2012, Coronado Springs Resort/Art of Animation Little Mermaid May 2013, Pop December 2013, DLP Santa Fe March 2014, WDW All Star Movies October 2014. DLP Santa Fee December 2014

Last edited by dani77; 02-07-2013 at 01:04 PM.
dani77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Generally its a matter of minutes. Say 10 - 20 minutes. Certainly not an hour.
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

The one time we did a split, we took our bags down to Bell Services very early in the morning....we wanted out of the present resort and onto the second one as soon as possible..

We bused to the second resort hoping our room might be ready so we can get on with our vacation.... Lo and behold, no such luck.... Anyway, we were told our baggage would not be seen until after 3pm.... So we were room less and bag less and grocery less until way after 3pm...

Cured us of split stays.... Waste of a day,..... Wasn't going to a park to get all sweaty and come back to a resort with no room or luggage....

Good luck? Maybe you'll have better luck!

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
dani77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post
Cured us of split stays.... Waste of a day,..... Wasn't going to a park to get all sweaty and come back to a resort with no room or luggage....

Good luck? Maybe you'll have better luck!
I'm aware of the fact that I won't have access to my luggage until late afternoon. I'm gonna spend the day in the parks anyway and won't be checking into AoA til like 5 or 6 p.m. So that's not a problem at all.
I am doing the split stay because I got a great offer for 5 nights including a 14-day ticket and free quick service dining via disney.uk but I couldn't afford to stay 10 nights at CSR so I added 5 nights at AoA.
Since my plan was to go to a park after breakfast and return to the new resort from there it shouldn't be a waste of time. Thats also why I want my luggage to be transferre ffrom one resort to the other.
WDW Offsite 1993, Disneyland California 1997+2000, WDW Coronado Springs Resort 2012, Coronado Springs Resort/Art of Animation Little Mermaid May 2013, Pop December 2013, DLP Santa Fe March 2014, WDW All Star Movies October 2014. DLP Santa Fee December 2014
Old 02-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
sndral
DIS Veteran

This Dec. I called Bell Services the night before and scheduled a pick up for 10am the next day. They called to confirm I was ready for pickup that morning a bit before 10 am. The bellman arrived right on time, gave me my bag ticket and I was off. Several hours later when I arrived at resort #2 I just called down for the bags and they arrived maybe 10 min.s later. Both resorts where deluxe, so don't know if moderates or values are different and I only had suitcases.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
sue1013
Haven't had a good Yodel in years
I know I'm the odd one
We need to be snow birds!

We always make arrangements with bell services the night before if we want to leave early. Call them the day before tell them what time you want your bags picked up.
sue1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #7
dani77
Mouseketeer

Great to hear that you can schedule bag pickup the night before...that just makes it so much easier

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: