Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
drsg
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 108

Bands, Brews and BBQ Crowds?

We have our plans all set and just found out that this will be going on the day we have planned for SW. For a second we were a little excited, then realized crowd levels might be terrible, even if we get there at "RD" as planned. We are seriously thinking of switching up our plans to do a waterpark that Saturday instead, which we also don't really want to do either. It will be March 2nd, if that matters and we were not planning on staying late. Any thoughts and/or previous experience anyone?
drsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
greenclan67
Callie35
 
greenclan67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,465

We will be there the same day. Crowds will be up but manageable.
__________________


ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran
 
RabFlmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,767

From about 2-6PM , people will start getting their seats(or standing in line however they decide to let you into the stadium for the concert) or be at the concerts and you will notice the difference in the park.

Its a great time to go to the park. Lots of added food stands etc.
__________________
Rabflmom
RabFlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
hydrotony
DIS Veteran
 
hydrotony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Central Florida
Posts: 556

What stage/arena/area are the concerts at? Where are the food and beer booths? I've only been to Busch Gardens BB&BBQ events. There, music is in a field behind Gwazi and food and beer on walkway areas near the field entrance.
__________________
Magic Kingdom - 1978, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
EPCOT - 1985, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Disney MGM/Hollywood Studios - 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Animal Kingdom - 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Universal Studios Florida - 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Islands Of Adventure - 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Six Flags Great Adventure - 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 & 2000
Busch Gardens Tampa - 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014
Busch Gardens Williamsburg - 1984, 1993 & 2013
SeaWorld Orlando - 2012, 2013 & 2014
hydrotony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,239

The concert is in Bayside stadium where they used to have the ski shows.The food booths are along the Bayside pathway which is the path by the intersection of the entrance area of the park and the Waterfront area which leads to Bayside stadium, all close to the entrance of the park.
__________________
DOOM1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran
 
RabFlmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
The concert is in Bayside stadium where they used to have the ski shows.The food booths are along the Bayside pathway which is the path by the intersection of the entrance area of the park and the Waterfront area which leads to Bayside stadium, all close to the entrance of the park.
In addition :
The 2nd stage will be where the food booths are. Local bands will play there throughout the day.

This year they are going to have new Harley cycles somewhere in there, too. Last year I think they just had one.

The one thing I hated last year was they served BBQ sandwiches at one of the stands in a waffle bun and it totally tasted horrible. LOL Can't remember which kind I bought.
__________________
Rabflmom
RabFlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #7
FLOIR
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom View Post
In addition : they served BBQ sandwiches at one of the stands in a waffle bun
I don't recall that particular food choice (but if I had seen it probably would not have ordered, it sounds.......about as you describe it) but the vendors this year are slightly different than last year.

Besides SeaWorlds own Voyagers, there will be Tony Roma’s, Cecil’s Texas Style Bar B Q and Sonny’s Bar-B-Q,
FLOIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran
 
DOOM1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: 233 miles away
Posts: 6,239

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOIR View Post
I don't recall that particular food choice (but if I had seen it probably would not have ordered, it sounds.......about as you describe it) but the vendors this year are slightly different than last year.

Besides SeaWorlds own Voyagers, there will be Tony Roma’s, Cecil’s Texas Style Bar B Q and Sonny’s Bar-B-Q,
I still preferred the buffet they had about 4-5 years ago to the outside companies brought in now.They had an awesome set up in the pavillions area with a huge buffet line in the middle with anything and everything you would want in a BBQ meal along with unlimited soda and water bottles and even some desserts.Even though they offered this buffet they still had a couple of booths selling BBQ items if you didn't want the buffet,they just took out the buffet.
__________________
DOOM1001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran
 
RabFlmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I still preferred the buffet they had about 4-5 years ago to the outside companies brought in now.They had an awesome set up in the pavillions area with a huge buffet line in the middle with anything and everything you would want in a BBQ meal along with unlimited soda and water bottles and even some desserts.Even though they offered this buffet they still had a couple of booths selling BBQ items if you didn't want the buffet,they just took out the buffet.
We still went to Voyagers to eat yesterday because we prefer to have a table and chairs to sit at when we eat. Our son met us for lunch so we wanted to be able to sit and talk before he headed to work at Disney. There is never enough areas to sit and eat on the Pathway.

Yesterday the concert almost lasted 2 hours and there was an intermission while they set up for the 2nd show so it did not leave time to really eat after the concert like we usually do. It was a 7 PM closing yesterday which was early for the BBB concert days. Stadium was pretty full but didn't notice any people sitting on the berm around the lake.
Also over in the area of the booths and other stage they did not have the big screen to watch the concert from that area. There was just a 52 inch or less screen by the lake.
Have to say people in our area of the stadium were pleasantly distracted during the show. An Osprey decided to perch on the old dive tower and kept making amazing dives into the lake and then flying over the stage platform. Only in Florida.

We didn't do any of the regular SW shows except for trying Turtle Trek again.

Next week The Beachboys and Styx!
__________________
Rabflmom
RabFlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabFlmom

We still went to Voyagers to eat yesterday because we prefer to have a table and chairs to sit at when we eat. Our son met us for lunch so we wanted to be able to sit and talk before he headed to work at Disney. There is never enough areas to sit and eat on the Pathway.

Yesterday the concert almost lasted 2 hours and there was an intermission while they set up for the 2nd show so it did not leave time to really eat after the concert like we usually do. It was a 7 PM closing yesterday which was early for the BBB concert days. Stadium was pretty full but didn't notice any people sitting on the berm around the lake.
Also over in the area of the booths and other stage they did not have the big screen to watch the concert from that area. There was just a 52 inch or less screen by the lake.
Have to say people in our area of the stadium were pleasantly distracted during the show. An Osprey decided to perch on the old dive tower and kept making amazing dives into the lake and then flying over the stage platform. Only in Florida.

We didn't do any of the regular SW shows except for trying Turtle Trek again.

Next week The Beachboys and Styx!
Cool. Thanks for the info. I want to come for my birthday weekend for Big & Rich. Also going to see about going back for Darius Rucker and then rodney atkins and uncle kracker.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
Tickled Tink
Mouseketeer
 
Tickled Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 135

Can you please explain the seating situation? We bought the VIP package that includes reserved seating. Thanks.
__________________
Tickled Tink

Tickled Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
angelmom27
DIS Veteran
 
angelmom27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickled Tink
Can you please explain the seating situation? We bought the VIP package that includes reserved seating. Thanks.
Its at bayfront stadium and the reserved seating will be in the lower section. Usually in the middle sections. Its set up like a typical stadium seating. Its not benches like at the animal shows they use the plastic chairs with the foldable seat.
__________________
angelmom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #13
bull2saintleo
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 15

I was just there on 2/9/2013 and the crowds wernt bad at all, but it probably depends on who the artist is for that afternoon. I can see Darius Rucker, Big & Rich, and other major acts drawing bigger crowds.
bull2saintleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #14
Ali
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,215

is the reserved seating under shade? Could you tell if the sun was in the wrong spot, if you are looking into the sun while watching the show?
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
RabFlmom
DIS Veteran
 
RabFlmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Space Coast
Posts: 1,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
is the reserved seating under shade? Could you tell if the sun was in the wrong spot, if you are looking into the sun while watching the show?
The reserved seats are folding chairs right down by the stage and not under the stadium roof so on a sunny day, it will be in direct sun till the sun sets enough and the stadium blocks it.

Since you can get there just a few minutes before 4 to see the concert, the sun will be coming from behind the stadium and it wasn't too bad last Saturday.
__________________
Rabflmom
RabFlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.