Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

Safe, cheap, easy off-site parking at BWI

We are flying out of BWI next month and it's probably been 10 years since we've left from that airport. Can someone recommend a cheap, convenient, safe place to park near the airport? We need parking for 6 days.

Thanks in advance!

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
ranthony
DIS Veteran

Can't help specifically...

...but I wanted to mention that last time we flew from there (3 years ago) we drove down the night before from NJ and stayed in one of the hotels that offered free parking and transport back and forth to the airport. I cannot remember which hotel it was but I do remember it being less expensive than parking alone. We had any early morning flight and didn't want to deal with traffic, etc. I used hotwire or priceline...sorry can't remember.

I see you're from PA so depending on when your flight leaves this might be a good idea for you.
ranthony is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
ssawka
DIS Veteran

It's been years since we flew out of BWI, but last time we had a good experience with Park 'N Fly.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #4
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Park N Fly is good, but if you want to park onsite, the economy lot is only $8 per day - which is very cheap as far as onsite airport parking goes!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #5
Shea&Van
&Waves

Agree with PP

I fly frequently out of BWI and I've always had good experiences with the on-site economy parking. I think $8 is what I paid the last time I went and the shuttles are very frequent and drop you off not far from your vechicle. The next tier of parking is in a covered garage and I think that is like $10-11 per day. Both are cheaper than when we fly out of Dulles or National.

Good Luck!
Disney Trips: June 1987 - WDW Off-site, July 1993 - WDW Off-site, September 2002 - DL Off-site, March 2003 - WDW Off-site, January 2010 - WDW Villas at Wilderness Lodge, September 2011 - WDW All Star Sports and Windsor Hills
Just Wrapped Up: Nov/Dec 2013 - WDW Buena Vista Suites (one night) and Private Villa at the Emerald Island Resort (eight nights)

Shea&Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #6
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
I fly frequently out of BWI and I've always had good experiences with the on-site economy parking. I think $8 is what I paid the last time I went and the shuttles are very frequent and drop you off not far from your vechicle. The next tier of parking is in a covered garage and I think that is like $10-11 per day. Both are cheaper than when we fly out of Dulles or National.

Good Luck!
I have also used their long-term parking without problems (and without breaking the bank).
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
mikehn
DIS Veteran

There are a few 'offsite' parking facilities around BWI. Each of these provides a shuttle bus that shuttles you back and forth to/from their lot to the main terminal (about a ten minute ride each way). If you dont mind this arrangement, then you might be able to save a couple dollars each day. You can google search for various discount coupons for these offsite parking facilities.
mikehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Fire14
Spartan Living in land of Buckeyes.

i have used parking spot in columbus, oh I believe they have one in BWI ALSO. friend has used park and fly in dtw.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
JudithM
DIS Veteran

We have used fast park many times and recommend it - http://www.thefastpark.com/location/baltimore-blue/
JudithM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
Brer Shay
compulsive Disney planner

We're also a PA family and have flown from BWI many times. Most of our trips we've just used the extended parking. It is convenient, easy and fast shuttle service and only $8. Sometimes they even offer coupons on the BWI website, though there aren't any right now. The offsite parking companies are usually $7. We've also used www.parksleepfly.com twice when we had a very early flight out. You get a hotel, shuttle to and from the airport and parking in one fee.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
ssawka
DIS Veteran

The nice thing about Park 'N Fly is that they will bring the shuttle to your car so you don't have to drag your bags across the parking lot. This might not be a big deal for you, but when DD was young, I would wind up carrying 2 or 3 suitcases by myself.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #12
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

OP here...

Thanks everyone! I will look into all suggestions!

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithM View Post
We have used fast park many times and recommend it - http://www.thefastpark.com/location/baltimore-blue/
I also regularly use this company. So much so, that I parked free for a week last year. The only down side is they now limit where you can pick up the shuttle upon your return. But it was getting a little crazy with the cars, cabs and shuttles all vying for a spot at the curb.

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

Redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #14
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

http://econoparkexpress.com/

Off airport but great price and very efficient. Shuttle picks you up at your car. It was always waiting for us before we got all of our bags out of the car. Even helped us get the bags out and onto the shuttle.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: