Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #61
owensamo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I heard the corkage was $20. Hmmm......I may have to bring some wine with my bottle of rum. Will they hold the opened bottled of wine for me?
I haven't sailed since 2011, but up until then the corkage fees were at least $18. I would be surprised if they're less than $20. It's probably worthwhile for an expensive bottle that they may not have on the ship, but it even at $15-$18, the corkage fee made the bottles we like (most of which are on the wine package) much more cost-effective to get on the ship, if we wanted them with dinner.
Disney Magic: 7N - 1/19/08, 1/17/09, 12/19/09; 14N EBTA - 5/14/11; 12N N Europe - 7/22/15
owensamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #62
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

We had a 5 night and I think our bar portion was about... $400-500 maybe? Trying to back it out after the other stuff we bought... but we bought every souvneir mug drink thing that came around for the kids too, and we got them non-alcoholic daquiris and stuff. Should have been more careful with that spending! Next time I would bring some of my own drinks aboard and wouldn't but the kids so much.

Kim
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #63
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Smile

DH and myself do not drink any alcohol at all, and I don't drink any coffee either, but DH will get a few coffee's from Cove Cafe. Our kids are allowed to order 2 smoothies the whole 7 days each... so 8 smoothies total. And I have ordered a few virgin drinks at dinner. So typically our bill for 7 nights is under $100 for the six of us, plus we tip cash for each drink we order

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #64
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrakit
I hope I can help answer your question .
The workers relying on their tips ( get a very small wage of $52.00 a month ) from Disney . These positions are , head server , server , assistant server , stateroom host . You can pre pay these tips in advance at guest services at the beginning of your cruise or at the time of booking your cruise . The room service staff depend on tips too along with the bartenders / drink servers around the pool decks . The suggested amount is added to drinks , of 15% we often add an additional amount of 2-$10.00 depending on our order . Sometimes I add 1.00 in cash for each drink . One worker told me any cash he receives he treats himself to a coffee or a snack when he manages to get a morning or afternoon off on port days , the rest of his money must be sent home to his family .
You can also take treats / candy , gum , bars to give to your workers as the workers live to get treats ! I gave treats to the pool man & he had tears in his eyes , everyday he saw me after he thanked me .
Your post touched me!! What kind of treats do u give? So far, the CM have been the highlight of my cruises and we have tipped generously, but would also love to give them something aside from $$.
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #65
BEYONCE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sftnslky
DH and myself do not drink any alcohol at all, and I don't drink any coffee either, but DH will get a few coffee's from Cove Cafe. Our kids are allowed to order 2 smoothies the whole 7 days each... so 8 smoothies total. And I have ordered a few virgin drinks at dinner. So typically our bill for 7 nights is under $100 for the six of us, plus we tip cash for each drink we order
Where can you get smoothies?
BEYONCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #66
sftnslky
**May every day be filled with Magical memories**

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEYONCE View Post
Where can you get smoothies?
Through room service and dinner in the MDR...and I think Cove Cafe.

sftnslky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #67
DisneyMom52
Earning My Ears

We just got off the 8 day Fantasy and I did take treats for our stateroom server, head server and assistant. We also gave our Head Host, Server and Assistant $25 Walmart gift cards. I took each of them caramel popcorn from our hometown and apple butter which is a specialty. They were so touched and continued to thank us. This was in addition to our tips. When they dock sometimes they are able to get off and go to Walmart in CoCo Beach for personal items. Usually anything with a personal touch means a lot to them as they are away from home for 4-9 mos at a time.
DisneyMom52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: