Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
jfoofj
DIS Veteran

Universal in July- any info appreciated!

Hi all,

My family has been to Disney a bunch of times, and we finally are going to head over to Universal for a vacation. I just booked our airfare (got a great deal on Southwest- $95 each way for non stop flights out of Hartford, CT). The best rate I see so far for RPR is an average $222/night with their SMSM promo. We don't really want to rent a car.

SO... here are my questions: Keeping in mind we arrive Thursday July 25th at 5pm and depart Thursday August 1st at 8:30am and we are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 11 and 12:

1. Getting to/from airport- easiest/most cost efficient way

2. Is $222 a good price for RPR in late July?

3. We plan on having a semi-relaxing family vacation- not commando style like some of our Disney trips have been. That being said, will we have enough to do between the two parks, CityWalk, resort pools and possibly a water park?

4. If we do venture out to SeaWorld or Aquatica is there a shuttle available from RPR or would we have to rent a car?

I think that is it for now... we are really looking forward to this trip!

Thanks,
Jfoofj
jfoofj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoofj View Post
Hi all,

My family has been to Disney a bunch of times, and we finally are going to head over to Universal for a vacation. I just booked our airfare (got a great deal on Southwest- $95 each way for non stop flights out of Hartford, CT). The best rate I see so far for RPR is an average $222/night with their SMSM promo. We don't really want to rent a car.

SO... here are my questions: Keeping in mind we arrive Thursday July 25th at 5pm and depart Thursday August 1st at 8:30am and we are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 11 and 12:

1. Getting to/from airport- easiest/most cost efficient way
Cabs are about $100 return including tax

2. Is $222 a good price for RPR in late July?
I think it is. It is so hot in the summer. Staying onsite is very important in keeping your lines to a minimum and allowing you to hop back to the hotel for a swim in the middle of the day.

3. We plan on having a semi-relaxing family vacation- not commando style like some of our Disney trips have been. That being said, will we have enough to do between the two parks, CityWalk, resort pools and possibly a water park?
That sounds wonderful to me! THere is a ticket available at undercovertourist that allows you 14 days to park hop between Universal and Wet 'n Wild.

4. If we do venture out to SeaWorld or Aquatica is there a shuttle available from RPR or would we have to rent a car?
There is a free shuttle from the Universal hotels. You need to book it the night before.

I think that is it for now... we are really looking forward to this trip!

Thanks,
Jfoofj
Have fun!!!!

Universal is very different from WDW. You need to go in with the mindset that you will spend mornings and evenings at the parks and do hotel stuff in the afternoon. Add in Wet 'n Wild and SeaWorld a few of those days and it sounds like the perfect vacation to me.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: