Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Need help choosing a hotel

Hey everyone! So our Disney trip, which involved us staying at POP and doing Disney parks for 3 days, US/IOA for 2 days, has now shifted to a more US/IOA trip.

Due to the great offer US has with the 3rd day free, we are now planning 3 days at US/IOA, 1 day at MK, and 1 free day where we will go to DTD so DBF can go to the Lego Store. However, DBF seemed receptive to doing DHS for most of the day, followed by trip to the Lego store on the "free day".

We are not renting a car, so we are looking for a good hotel close to Universal that has a good, frequent shuttle service to US/IOA. Shuttle service to Disney would be a bonus, but not a requirement. I understand Mears has a shuttle for approx $20pp, so I am prepared to spend $80 for 2 return trips to Disney.

As we will be spending most of our time at the parks, just looking for a clean hotel in the $70-$100 range, close to US, with a great shuttle. One more thing, I understand that most hotels don't allow check in until 3 or 4 pm...so I will need a place that will hold my bags until check in. My plan is to dump our bags at the hotel and hit US by 3

Any help is appreciated. I spent so much time deciding on the Disney hotel, that looking at US area hotels is now like foreign territory to me
AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
disneyfan2
Dreaming about a Mouse
Does anyone know how to use google

giving this a bump as i have a similar question that im looking for suggestions
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Try one of the travel sites and search for hotels around Universal. Then check Trip Advisor to see how people have liked or disliked those places. Finding a hotel with shuttle service to/from both Universal and Disney should not be difficult.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #4
ajspring00
Earning My Ears

Take a look at Drury Inn Orlando. I just made a reservation there for our stay. From what I have read, they are close to Universal and also have a shuttle service. I have never stayed there.. But, we ALWAYS stay at other Drury Inn locations and have been very pleased! Many FREE extras!

Also-Make sure to book online. Their Esaver rate is ALWAYS the cheapest.
ajspring00 is offline   Reply With Quote