Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on the good interview & job possibility. I hope you don't see 3 feet of snow! That is really pretty funny......especially if you don't get it! Not laughing at you, I just really get a kick out of weathermen & the hype they do. (& they are so often wrong!) If my accuracy was like theirs, i'd be unemployed! No offense to any weatherpeople, just amuses me to no end!
I also wish our schools would close in advance; we NEVER close the day before. I swear they want to make us wake up & wait. Many times they call it so close to start time, I've already woken the kid up & we didn't get the extra sleep. That is really annoying! I'm jealous you know tonight & don't have to set an alarm. I bet we will be going; new superintendent was VERY vocal that he doesn't believe in closing for predicted & they never early release here. I think 1 time in 8 years in district.

Last edited by dsneprincess; 02-07-2013 at 05:24 PM.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #17
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Jennifer, Congrats on the interview! Fingers crossed that you get the position!

As for the weather, no work for me tomorrow Still waiting to hear about school, talked with the superintendent earlier and he hadn't made up his mind. We are supposed to have a meeting at 7:30am in the morning and if we have no school then there is no meeting. I think I would rather have an early release day for the kids as we have already missed two days because of Hurricane Sandy and I don't want them to be in school too late in June. But safety is the biggest concern and if they can't get them home safely then they need to call school.

I need to run out and pick up a few things after my meeting tonight. Hopefully the stores won't be as busy by then.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
Reddy
Scrapbooker

I saw the Nemo on weather channel this morning - laughed at it
Now I"m thinking Nemo & tropical setting/surfing turtles & they are talking snow - my brain is having a hard time with that

all of ya stay safe & as warm as possible

I hope you get the job - hope you can wear your own clothes & not scrubs to work
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Just got word, no school tomorrow and that means no 7:30am meeting! We are sleeping in and I am going to scrap the snowy weekend away!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
Just got word, no school tomorrow and that means no 7:30am meeting! We are sleeping in and I am going to scrap the snowy weekend away!
woo-hoo, nice they are making the decision to keep everyone safe!

just talked to my BFF in NJ and she said the store is NUTS!!!!!

stay safe everyone!

mommy2mrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #21
PrincessNancy96
My family drove me nuts, and then I got stuck in traffic
Washed my hair and wham, several ideas hit me all at once!

DISboards Moderator

I was w/ Buffy in the stores via text today.. she said it was complete chaos...
milk was in short supply, bread running low and all the magazines were gone in the aisle and at the checkout lanes! LOL
I did have to wrangle her in a few times from bright and shiny objects she was trying to buy!!!

Our school doesn't call off earlier either... last week w/ the major fog they waited til about 30 minutes before the first pick up for the elementary routes.. I'm sure there were some parents not so happy that could have enjoyed another hours sleep!!

Well, DH finally got the final tax document we needed from the ex... So, my numbers are entered...double checked, triple checked.. will check again tomorrow... and then will wait to submit next week.. (education credits are mid-feb...so I'm gonna hit enter asap!)... this money is going into the kids' savings for next semester's tuition! I get a little fun money but education is priority one.. next year... it'll be graduation party/education... (graduation party = WDW!)

Secrets still a go...but they keep taking my computer...
PrincessNancy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #22
morgansmom2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess
Congratulations on the good interview & job possibility. I hope you don't see 3 feet of snow! That is really pretty funny......especially if you don't get it! Not laughing at you, I just really get a kick out of weathermen & the hype they do. (& they are so often wrong!) If my accuracy was like theirs, i'd be unemployed! No offense to any weatherpeople, just amuses me to no end!
I also wish our schools would close in advance; we NEVER close the day before. I swear they want to make us wake up & wait. Many times they call it so close to start time, I've already woken the kid up & we didn't get the extra sleep. That is really annoying! I'm jealous you know tonight & don't have to set an alarm. I bet we will be going; new superintendent was VERY vocal that he doesn't believe in closing for predicted & they never early release here. I think 1 time in 8 years in district.
I say that every storm. How can they be wrong so often and still get paid?!

We went to dinner and Target. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We did run into Sophie and Ryan. (And their parents, too )

We hardly ever have school cancelled. But, I was going to keep her home if they hadn't canceled. I hate driving in it and she's not on a bus. My luck would be that they would have an early release day and I'd be 20 miles away at work. This is much safer all around.

Reddy, no scrubs, but I think I'd prefer that to having to buy a new wardrobe!

Glad to hear you got the call early, Cassey! I'm disappointed about the crop but I do love a good snow weekend!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #23
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Finally home from my meeting. Going to have to survive with what is in the house as I am not going back out tonight.

I am very pleased with the decision to call school early. It makes it much easier for parents who work to make arrangements for their kids if they need to.

Jennifer, I am disappointed about the crop too, but with this storm I am much happier to be staying in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: