Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
LilyGirl
Earning My Ears

Cozumel - Nachi Cocum or Mr. Sanchos?

Help! I'm *still* going back and forth between these two places and we leave on Saturday!!!

We plan on walking around near the pier for awhile before heading to a beach for the day. Both Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sanchos sound appealing and similar. I know that Mr. Sanchos has water inflatables for an extra charge. It's hard to tell how deep the water is and how "difficult" the inflatables are to navigate. We have a 7 year old - are they appropriate for that age? At the same time, I like that Nachi Cocum is limited to a certain number of guests plus the additional massage option

I'd love to get some input/guidance in choosing a spot for our beach day
LilyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
jesster
Earning My Ears

We were just at Mr Sanchos on a cruise over New Years and it was exactly what we were hoping for! We looked into getting wristbands for the inflatables, but honestly we'd done the beach the day before in Belize, and my kids were really happy playing in the pool. We were in the all-inclusive side and they loved the swim up bar, plus there were lots of other kids there that day, too, so the kids had a good time playing around, and the adults were able to relax and enjoy drinks while looking at the ocean A really fun feature of the bar were the swings instead of bar stools along the part that wasn't in the pool. We got there early and had a great table close to the beach, and the service was excellent. You also have the choice to go to the buffet on your own.

I also debated between Nachi and Mr Sanchos but ultimately decided on Mr Sachos *because* of my kids. I have three boys, 9, 6 and 3 at the time, and from everything I'd read Nachi is a quieter, calmer escape, and I wanted to take my boys to a place they could play and be kids, not to say you can't at Nachi, I just didn't want to get any ugly looks from other people at Nachi hoping for peace and quiet.

I will say this one thing about the beach in that area of Cozumel, whether you go to Nachi or Mr Sanchos if you are going to stroll along the beach bring water shoes because it is very shelly and rough on your feet!

Good luck deciding - either way you'll have a fantastic time!!

Dreaming of our next trip... April 2015?
jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
SKEET16
Earning My Ears

My wife and I did Nachi on our last cruise. About a 15-20 cab ride. The area is nice. The food was good HUGE portions. If it is just 2 of you only order 1 appetizer and meal at a time and split it. This will give you another meal at some point. Buy time we got there and ate and relaxed it was time to head back so we could look around some. Not sure I would do it again just for time sake. Over all experience was pleasant!
SKEET16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
LilyGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesster View Post
I also debated between Nachi and Mr Sanchos but ultimately decided on Mr Sachos *because* of my kids. I have three boys, 9, 6 and 3 at the time, and from everything I'd read Nachi is a quieter, calmer escape, and I wanted to take my boys to a place they could play and be kids, not to say you can't at Nachi, I just didn't want to get any ugly looks from other people at Nachi hoping for peace and quiet.
Thanks for the input! This is something I was hesitant about also - we only have one child so the noise level wouldn't be an issue but the fact that it caters more to a quiet beach day may also mean that she won't have any/many other children to play with. Oh the choices!
LilyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
drb116
Mouseketeer

It may be quieter, but that doesn't mean that it is not enjoyable for kids. We have been to Nachi Cocum a couple of times and both times my two boys had a blast. The first time was on a RCL cruise and we didn't really look for many other kids, but the second time we ran into several kids that my boys recognized from the Oceaneer's Club and had fun playing with them.

We really like Nachi Cocum, but it may not be for everyone.
drb116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
firsttimemom
DIS Veteran

Mr Sanchos also does massages. I had a fabulous one there last week.
2006 (CCI) 2008 (RI)

DCL
Wonder: 5/23/04 ~ Magic: 1/22/05 ~ Wonder: 5/10/09 (PCC 1.0) ~ Wonder: 12/12/10 (PCC 2.0) ~ Dream: 4/17/11 ~ Magic Canadian: 6/17/12 ~ Fantasyturkeyfest 11/17/12 ~ Fantasy 4/12/14

firsttimemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
hilarys
Hilary S

Another vote for Nachi. We went there Easter Week 2013 with an 8 year old and a 10 year old. They both love playing in the sand/waves/pools so the lack of inflatables was no big deal. We loved Nachi. It was very relaxing and it is definitely fine for kids. I think the more peaceful description of it comes from the fact that it is just not as crowded so it feels more peaceful. My kids met other kids to play with in the pool and spent lots of time building sandcastles. My kids are not quiet children and I have yet to find the volume control on them and we were just fine.

We could not keep up with the stream of food and drinks they kept bringing us, we tried though. The staff was all so nice and the facilities were clean. When it was time to leave they called a cab for us. I would go back in a heartbeat.
hilarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #8
toontoy
Mouseketeer

Mr Sanchos is fun and usually not crowded at all.

The food is great and the prices are pretty cheap. We have done the all inclusive day as well as just gone to hang out on the beach and have a lunch at the cafe. Good food and its easy to take a cab to and from the pier.

toontoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: