Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Question re: split stays and ticket media and DP

I purchased 6 day passes from UT. First 5 nights at BLT on dining plan. Then 2 nights at AKL no dining plan. I pretty sure I can have my UT passes put on my KTTW card (or maybe wristband by October??) when I check in at BLT. And the dining plan will be on the KTTW card too. OK, now, when I move over to AKL will they take my 1 park pass day and transfer it to my new KTTW from AKL or do I need to keep using that BLT card? I also will have 1 CS and one TS left that I know I have until midnight the next day to use. They won't transfer that will they, I'll need to use old card to finish off those credits?? I have a fear of those credits and the 1 day pass going poof somehow.

I had a hard time deciding on which board to ask this question! lol Resort, Dining Plan or Parks because of tickets subject.......

TIA for the help!
disneynanacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
I purchased 6 day passes from UT. First 5 nights at BLT on dining plan. Then 2 nights at AKL no dining plan. I pretty sure I can have my UT passes put on my KTTW card (or maybe wristband by October??) when I check in at BLT. And the dining plan will be on the KTTW card too. OK, now, when I move over to AKL will they take my 1 park pass day and transfer it to my new KTTW from AKL or do I need to keep using that BLT card? I also will have 1 CS and one TS left that I know I have until midnight the next day to use. They won't transfer that will they, I'll need to use old card to finish off those credits?? I have a fear of those credits and the 1 day pass going poof somehow.

I had a hard time deciding on which board to ask this question! lol Resort, Dining Plan or Parks because of tickets subject.......

TIA for the help!
I'm confused. You bought a 6 day pass from UT, but also put a 1-day ticket on your BLT package to get the dining plan, is that right? Yes, you can put your UT tickets on your KTTW card (and I'm assuming wrist band) and then transfer your leftover park tickets onto your AKL card. You need to go to the concierge desk at each resort for that transaction. Not sure about dining credits, but I'm doubtful they can be transferred.
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthasor View Post
I'm confused. You bought a 6 day pass from UT, but also put a 1-day ticket on your BLT package to get the dining plan, is that right? Yes, you can put your UT tickets on your KTTW card (and I'm assuming wrist band) and then transfer your leftover park tickets onto your AKL card. You need to go to the concierge desk at each resort for that transaction. Not sure about dining credits, but I'm doubtful they can be transferred.
Thanks, no I didn't need to get a 1-day ticket to get the dining plan since I'm renting DVC points for the BLT stay. I guess we'll just keep the BLT card/wristband and use that for the dining plan and if I'm doing that I may as well use it for the park pass too, or will it disappear at midnight day after our BLT stay if I don't transfer it? I'm confused too. lol
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Your dining credits are good until you use them up or your stay is over, whichever comes first (so, yes, keep your BLT kttw and use it for your dining credits on the day of BLT check out...the next day you'll be done with the food portion, but any park days will remain in effect until used up or 14 days from your first park entry).
I know that probably still sounds confusing....

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Your remaining ticket assets are still usable on your KTTW card after your resort stay has expired. Tickets are usable up to 14 days from first day's use. Obviously the resort door lock won't work after check-out, and dining credits won't work after check-out day.

If it all seems confusing and you want to keep it simple, just use the UT ticket separately. That's what we do.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

The 1 day ticket, regardless of where it came from, should not be used during the same vacation as the 6 day ticket from Undercover Tourist.

When leaving the park when you used up the last (6'th) day of your UT ticket, you need to decide whether you need another day and, if so, add it to the UT ticket then (or at least before all the ticket counters and booths close that night).

There is no socially redeeming value in moving the 1 day ticket to the room key (KTTW) of your second stay.
Avoid getting a lemon. The used car should test drive perfectly. Any roughness or hesitation and you should reject it and walk away. Don't accept excuses. Avoid becoming a battered spouse. Your fiance(e) should behave perfectly. Any roughness or outbursts and you should break up for good. Don't accept promises.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
The 1 day ticket, regardless of where it came from, should not be used during the same vacation as the 6 day ticket from Undercover Tourist.

When leaving the park when you used up the last (6'th) day of your UT ticket, you need to decide whether you need another day and, if so, add it to the UT ticket then (or at least before all the ticket counters and booths close that night).

There is no socially redeeming value in moving the 1 day ticket to the room key (KTTW) of your second stay.
OP doesn't have a one day ticket. Just the UT ticket.
He/she qualifies for the DDP because she/he is renting DVC points. As a DVC owner, I or anyone using my points can add DDP as long as I'm staying on points.

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
Your dining credits are good until you use them up or your stay is over, whichever comes first (so, yes, keep your BLT kttw and use it for your dining credits on the day of BLT check out...the next day you'll be done with the food portion, but any park days will remain in effect until used up or 14 days from your first park entry).
I know that probably still sounds confusing....
Thanks, I think I've got it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: