Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

My Deluxe DDP Review!

We will never, ever, never, ever get the dxddp again!

Let me set the stage - we've never done the dxddp and I thought we'd give it a try. My DH and I are bigger kids and we are usually big eaters. Even with that I thought the dxddp might be too much food but I made reservations at 4 signature restaurants to use up some of the credits and I never booked more than two meals a day. One day I did an 8:35 a.m. breakfast and 7:30 p.m. dinner and the rest of the days were like 1:00 p.m. lunches and 8:00 p.m. dinners. I figured with spreading out the meals and all the walking it'd be fine. And in the end we just would eat what we could eat and be O.K.

No! It was just too much food! I liked having the 2 table meals a day to get a break from the day and have a nice signature dinner and relax but we were miserably stuffed. We got to try a lot of different types of foods but it was just ridiculous how much food we got.

Not counting the fact that we had too much food, we enjoyed all of the restaurants where we ate. We really didn't have a bad dining experience.

I think for what we ate the dxddp saved us about $150 but if we paid oop we would have paid less because we wouldn't have had two apps and two desserts. We'd probably share one app and dessert at dinner. We might have one app at lunch but probably not a dessert. Plus we had alcholic beverages several nights which we paid for oop so the beverages that came with the dxddp were basically a waste. Although I did usually get a tea or coffee with my dessert.

I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the dxddp for anyone thinking about the option for their next trip!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

From someone who found the regular dining plan to be too much food, too, I agree with you! Plus we felt like our reservations ruled everything we did-- I can imagine it would be more so with dxddp!
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
TDluvsDaisy
DVC Member BCV & VGF

I used to love the deluxe dining plan. However with the last price increase it just wasn't feasible for us anymore. I have TIW right now because I have a AP. We will stick with that for now. After that runs out we will just go oop.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
DisneyDiana
DIS Veteran

We got the QSDP free with a Pin last trip and found that to be way too much food. I have no idea how anyone can do the deluxe. I would literally gain 20 pounds or more in a week.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
MichelleWDWfan
Mouseketeer

3 meals per day is way to much food and you feel like you are constantly eating, and tied to ADR's

I DO prefer the Deluxe DDP, but I book 2 meals per day (1 signature, 1 reg)

If I find I need a snack I will use a snack credit, but usually I save up my snack credits and use them the last day to buy goodies to take home with me.

Me DS 18

March 2009 - AS Movies, March 2010 = POP, August 2010 - POP, March 2011 - POP,
Dec 2011 - POP (MVMCP), July 2012 - POR, March 2013 - POP, Sept 2013 - POP (MNSSHP),
March 2014 - POP, May 2014 Rock Your Disney Side! 24 hr event - POP
MichelleWDWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleWDWfan View Post
3 meals per day is way to much food and you feel like you are constantly eating, and tied to ADR's

I DO prefer the Deluxe DDP, but I book 2 meals per day (1 signature, 1 reg)

If I find I need a snack I will use a snack credit, but usually I save up my snack credits and use them the last day to buy goodies to take home with me.
That was our plan too because we did 4 signature restaurants. On the day we did a breakfast and dinner we were o.k but the lunch at 1:00 and dinner at 8:00 was too much...which surprised me because we are big eaters

We did bring a lot of goodies home. I think we had 13 snack credits with 1.5 days left. I toured the World Showcase asking every country if they had any prepackaged snacks on the DDP. We got a candy bar in England and Germany had a lot. You could get a bag of Werther's or Resen's for a snack credit!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDluvsDaisy View Post
I used to love the deluxe dining plan. However with the last price increase it just wasn't feasible for us anymore. I have TIW right now because I have a AP. We will stick with that for now. After that runs out we will just go oop.
We're not AP holders but I think TIW would be a better option for us because our waiter was saying that you get 20% off on alcohol and we usually had a bottle of wine with dinner and that was our biggest OOP costs.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDiana View Post
We got the QSDP free with a Pin last trip and found that to be way too much food. I have no idea how anyone can do the deluxe. I would literally gain 20 pounds or more in a week.
I feel lime I definitely came back heavier but refused to get on the scale

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: