Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
HappyPanda
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come shining through.

A Dream Come True - March 2013 Trip Report *Days 3, 4 and 5 added 30.7.13*

Following on from my Pre-Trip Report -A Dream Come True - PTR, here is my full Trip Report.

To recap, this trip is 'A Dream Come True' for many reasons, but mainly because we finally got to stay at the DLH! The main reason for this trip was to celebrate my DDs 6th Birthday and also my Mum's 65th and my upcoming wedding!

So here we go, I hope you enjoy reading it as much I am sure I will enjoy writing it!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel

Last edited by HappyPanda; 07-30-2013 at 08:50 AM.
HappyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
HappyPanda

The (sleepless!) Night Before the Magic - Saturday 16th March

So here our story begins, like on our last trip, we decided to stay in a hotel in Kings Cross the night before heading to DLP as I really can't be dealing with battling with the tube at 7am (especially with all the engineering works they do at the weekend!).

For this trip we decided to book into the Kings Cross, Travelodge. We arrived at about 6pm and were immediately told that they no longer do family rooms so instead we were being given a disabled access room instead. Not sure if that's a temporary thing or whether they really don't have family rooms anymore. But anyway, the room we were given was fine for the one night.

We dropped our bags off and headed over the road to St. Pancras to print out our Eurostar tickets and to grab a cheeky McDonalds to take back to the room.

After all the stress of the Chicken Pox scare in the week leading up to this trip I had thought I'd sleep like a baby this night, but no such luck! The room we were given was directly over the train lines so every 5 minutes or so the whole room shook. Then, when the train noise died down the club across the road kicked in.. I think I finally drifted off somewhere around 4/5am!

Here are the pictures I took the following morning showing just where the train line went under us, and back out the other side!

My alarm went off at 7am and I felt slightly zombified but the excitement soon took over! It was time to get ready to go to Disneyland!
February 1996 - Hotel Cheyenne ~~~ June 2001 - Newport Bay ~~~ December 2001 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~March 2002 - Newport Bay ~~~ February 2002 - New York~~~ February 2011 - Santa Fe ~~~ March 2012 - Cheyenne ~~~ June 2012 - Sequoia Lodge ~~~ March 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
HappyPanda

Let the Journey Begin

After a leisurely stroll, we arrived at St. Pancras just after 9am. We were booked onto the Direct Eurostar so weren't leaving until 10.17. As we'd already collected our tickets the night before Olivia and I had a nosy around the shops before going through security & passport control. This was completely painless as usual.

We waited in the seating area for about 5 minutes:

Then, before we knew it, the boarding had commenced and we found our way to our seats in Coach 5. We had chosen table seats and were lucky enough to have the whole table to ourselves!

Olivia played on her DS for a bit:

While my Mum read some very disturbing headlines on her magazine

And me? Well I just took photos of them and tried to do some of my puzzle book.. but it was really hard! Don't think I actually finished a single puzzle!

I'm sure the direct journey gets quicker and quicker.. before I had time to have a quick snooze we were pulling into Marne La Vallee

We had booked the Disney Express service as I didn't fancy having to take our cases through the security checks to get to the DLH. So we dropped off our bags at the station and ran (yes literally!) into the main Park!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
HappyPanda

Let the magic begin!

After a short queue to get through the bag checks (luckily, the only time we had to do this for the whole trip! ) we headed through the gates and into the park!

With it being a Sunday and St. Patricks Day, I had expected the park to be crazily busy but I was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't really that busy at all.

As we knew it would be closed for the rest of our stay, we made sure that our first visit was to Phantom Manor. The queue time was showing as 20 minutes but we were in and out within 10!

When we came out, we had planned to do BTM on the way past. But it had broken down and these unlucky people were stuck on the hill for at least 10 minutes!

So instead we headed for PoTC, it. This was to be Mum's very first ride on PoTC - the queue was showing as 30 minutes and it was pretty accurate. But I was actually glad for the queue - the rest of the trip we just walked on the ride so this was the only time we really got to enjoy the wonderful themeing within the queue line, inside and out.

It was now about 4pm and we were all feeling a little exhausted after a busy morning and, for me, little sleep! So, we walked back through Fantasyland (stopping off for a quick ride on Pinocchio on the way) and then down Main Street. Just as we came out of the arcades we realised that the St. Patrick Day Parade was just coming down, so we caught the end of it!

We then went out of the park to check into our hotel. I'm a little annoyed with myself as I completely forgot about the Magical Moments at 4pm on a Sunday, so we missed this.

The queue to check-in didn't look that long, but it took ages until it was our turn. Once checked in, we were shown to our a room, no. 1214 on the 2nd floor, just down from the main lifts. It really was the perfect location - couldn't have asked for more!

The moment we walked into the room I knew we had made the right decision to stay here! It was breathtakingly beautiful!

I had written to the hotel before we left to ask for a central room (which we definitely got!) and to let them know it was DD and my Mum's birthdays. We were greeted with this lovely arrangement on the table:

It was a lovely touch and just made our first day all that more special.

We spent the next hour unpacking and having a little rest before we heading out for our 6.15 reservation at Cafe Mickey
Old 03-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Ms Poppins
I'm sure I'm very affected by all this Disney talk

Lovely so far - though you do sound a bit tired

Glad you loved the DLH, the only problem is that it makes it a bit harded to stay anywhere else Lovely touches from the hotel for the Birthday's too!
Ms Poppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
cinderslg
Mouseketeer

Lovely touches in the room
Old 04-01-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
HappyPanda

Day One - 17th March 2013... Cont...

After a relaxing hour or so it was soon time to get ready for our 18:15 reservation at Cafe Mickey.

Livvy was excited to wear her new Minnie Mouse costume I'd bought in the 20% off Disney Store sale before we left:

We took our first walk through the village and felt that the atmosphere was great with all the Irish music being piped through for St. Paddy's Day.

We made it to Cafe Mickey just before 6.15 and luckily the queue wasn't too long as within 5/10 we were being shown to our table in the outside canopy area.

I decided to have a pizza, Mum went to the vegetarian Lasagne and Livvy for the Kid's pizza. As soon as we'd ordered I'd realised I had left my shareholder's certificate in the room! Cue a mad panic dash to the hotel and back to pick it up.

While I was away, Olivia was visited by Donald & Goofy

By the time I had got back my Mum & Olivia already had their food, but mine was nowhere to be seen. Apparently the waitress had said she'd hold it back until I was back. Now, in theory, this is a nice idea. But once I was back it took 20 minutes for my pizza to come out and by this time my Mum & Olivia had done with their meals! Think I would have just preferred a cold pizza to eating on my own!

While I was eating my food, the main man came over to our table

Mickey was brilliant, making heart signs and kisses with Olivia as she was dressed as Minnie. Then afterwards he pretended to try and escape through the fire escape next to us, much to the delight of the kids watching from outside!

While I was still eating my pizza, Olivia's pudding was brought out. So it was just as well that Mum & I weren't planning on ordering any desserts!

Livvy didn't like her pudding much, so I "helped" her out with it! It was very, very rich but quite delicious!

Overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the meal and definitely won't be choosing pizza again. The base was dry and hard and the topping was slimy - a bit like eating slugs on concrete!

We paid up and heading back out into the village and then onwards into the park for some nighttime fun!

Olivia and I went on Star Tours while Mum popped back to the room. It's one of our favourite rides but isn't much fun after polishing off a big rich chocolate pudding! Felt slightly delicate afterwards.

We then decided to head over to Phantom Manor to get in one more ride before it shut for maintenance. The queue was only 5 minutes long so we were on before we knew it. I do just love this ride and was quite sad we only got to ride it twice on this trip.

After we got off I had a panicked phone call from Mum, she couldn't get back into the park as we had her park ticket! I didn't realise she had put them all in my bag!

So we headed back to the entrance to head her ticket over. I wish I had taken a picture of her as she looked like a prisoner stood behind the bars of the park gates!

Once reunited, we had a go on Pirates of the Carribean before making our way back through the park to Buzz. The queue for buzz was 20 minutes long and meant that by the time we finished our ride we had just 10 minutes to wait until the St. Patrick's Day Fireworks. So we headed over and found a great spot on the curb around the hub and watched these and Dreams.

I didn't take any photos this night as I was holding Olivia up to see but we all really enjoyed the fireworks and of course Dreams.

We then headed out of the park along with everyone else and was very grateful to be able to be back in the hotel within 5 minutes rather than having to pile onto one of the buses.

I tucked Olivia into bed and she was asleep within minutes, so I took the opportunity to have a shower and try out the dressing gown, slippers & shower cap!

It was then time for me to join Olivia in the land of nod - after my restless night sleep in the travelodge and a full day of travels and adventure I was out like a light and slept like a baby all night long!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Cariadbach
Mouseketeer

Loving the Dressing gown and slippers and your daughter is gorgeous!

Previous Trips
*Daytrip 1992* *DCR 1995*
*DCR 1998* *Cheyenne October 2003*
*NPB September 2004* *Cheyenne March 2012*
*Cheyenne September 2013*
Cariadbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Fabulous photos and brilliant trip report! Love your DLH room and the extra pixie dust for the birthdays!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
simplyshaz
Mouseketeer

FAB photos your dlh room looks lovely. Think you must have dad a room net to ours at travel lodge as we were directly over the tracks too
simplyshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
HappyPanda

Day two - part one

Day Two - Monday 18th March

After a busy first day we had a bit of a lay in and got to breakfast around 9am. We were shown straight in and were given a nice table overlooking the park.

We then went back to the room to freshen up (and to change Olivia out of her snow white dress as she'd coated it in nutella!) before heading to the Studios for opening

We headed straight to crush and joined a relatively short queue - unfortunately the ride was having 'technical difficulties' so after 30 minutes of waiting we decided to cut our losses and head to do something else.

My Mum wanted to ride RC Racer so she did this while Olivia and I queued for Slinky Dog - a pattern was emerging as this was then taken down for 'technical difficulties' as well! So we hung around waiting for my Mum to get back

We then had a ride on Cars and then we went over to Stitch Live - where Olivia got chosen to be Stitch's girlfriend - she was over the moon!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #12
HappyPanda

Day Two Cont.

After a nice morning in WDS we headed to Rainforest Cafe - we were given a nice table opposite the elephant and had one of the best meals on our whole trip:

We then headed back to the room to warm up before heading back out for some more rides

First Stop:

The score on the right was mine!

The next stop was IASW:

When we came out it was about 30 minutes until parade time, as the rain had let up for a bit we decided to wait it out. We stood in our favourite spot opposite Bella Notta and had a great view:

Old 06-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #13
HappyPanda

Day Two Cont..

despite the looming dark clouds, we decided to brave a trip into the labyrinth. Last time we came it was really busy so we didn't really get a chance to appreciate it fully - so this time we spent ages exploring it all:

After this we headed back to the room, we had planned to go out for dinner but DD was so tired she fell asleep - so instead, my Mum went and got me and her a McDonalds! Classy!
Old 06-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
HappyPanda

Day Three - Part One

After a nice early night, we were all up early and got to breakfast just as it opened - after another lovely breakfast here (it really can't be beaten!) DD ran out of the hotel to try to be one of the first people at the gates:

The gates didn't actually open until about 08.10, but we were the first ones in and had the whole park to ourselves for the first 5/10 minutes!

We had a quick go on the carousel, dumbo, peter pan & then carousel again. We then decided to have a look around the castle - as it had been closed on our two previous trips. So glad we finally got to do it as it was so beautiful:

Old 07-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #15
HappyPanda

Inspired by so many great trip reports I've read lately I'm determined to finish mine.

I will apologise now as the rest of the report is likely to be photo heavy, as 4 months on, my memory will probably be failing slightly!

Day 3 cont...

After our lovely early morning start we popped back to the hotel to warm up and then headed out to the Studios.

I'm not sure why, but DD suddently felt brave enough to go on Tower of Terror For months and months she'd been saying that when she was 10 she'd go on but not a day earlier. But as we entered the studios that morning, she changed her mind.

Shortly after this photo was taken and we entered the main queue line, she began to realise that she had been a bit hasty. She was sobbing so loudly, but saying to herself "Come on Olivia, you can do this".

Once we entered the Library she was holding onto me so tight she nearly drew blood. Once we got out of there I offered to take her down the chicken exit (I didn't call it that to her face!) but she still insisted she wanted to do it.

So on we got... it's safe to say she absolutely hated the ride! I was so proud of her for giving it a go! for the rest of the trip she wouldn't go within 5 metres of the entrance gates!

After this we went on the Tram Tour, I'm still a bit 'meh' about this ride. The actual action sequences are quite good - but it's just not as good as it used to be.

We then went on the Cars ride and Slinky Dog, we had wanted to go on the Parachute ride but it was down because of the weather.

We had a 1pm reservation for Auberge so headed back to the hotel so DD could get changed into her Princess dress and headed for the restaurant

Stopping to give Duffy a hug on her way past

We then arrived onto central plaza just as the 20th anniversary train was passing by. As we still had about 15 minutes to go until our meal, we decided to join a scrum or two!

Once we arrived at the restuarant it took about 30 minutes for us to be seated and then we were shown to a table far, far away from the dancefloor. Not ideal, but we still had some nice interaction with the Princesses

The food once again, was edible but really nothing special. DD hardly ate a single thing and it's for that reason that we will not be doing this meal on our next trip.

I'm not sure what we did after the meal, but it must have been something very exciting as I didn't take any more photos until night time!

We stayed and watch dreams again

Then i tucked up a little princess in bed and she was asleep before her head hit the pillow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: