Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Oneplustwins
Mouseketeer

Anyone eaten at Tony Town square? and other ?'s

Okay, I posted earlier tonight about Mickey and Minnie character meal for my son Jack (wish child) and thanks so much for those of you who commented. I think since he will get to meet them at GTKW we will forget that.
Would like to know:
1. Is it okay we aren't doing a character meal? We are doing Boma, T-Rex, Cafe France and booked Tony Town Square.
2. How is Tony Town Square?

Lastly, how did you guys handle the parade? My son hates waiting in crowded places but yet I feel bad not doing it at all.......would love to know your thoughts. I did ask my wish coordinator (who is totally awesome!!!) if there is any way to get priority seating for my son for this.
Would LOVe your thoughts!!
Oneplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
PatsMom
Sometimes has Dory moments!
I have two brothers and either of them would have been proud to be suspended for stinking up the bus

Tony's is decent Italian IMHO. Nothing outrageously special but decent. I like it better than Mama Melrose at the Studios. The atmosphere is nice and if you are looking for a sit down in the MK, it is probably one of the better choices (although I haven't eaten at Be Our Guest yet). We like it better than Liberty Tree Tavern.

I am not sure what they can do for your son for parades. I am fortunate that I have not personally dealth with GKTW. I hope your coordinator can come up with a way for your son to see the parade without having to deal with the crowds pushing around him. If you are going at a slower time of year, the crowds don't get bad until just before parade time. If you arrive early, you can stake out a spot near the rope and perhaps stand around your son to "block" the crowd. The handicapped viewing areas tend to get just as crowded as the regular viewing areas but you might find more people there are more understanding of your son's need for space.

I wouldn't worry about not doing a character meal. With a MAW child, I hope that you will be able to get priority in the character lines. So if your son wants to meet any, he should have a chance outside of a meal. And you will get Mickey and Minnie at GKTW.

I hope you have a great trip.
September 1996 - Fort Wilderness (DD and DH's first trip) October 1999 - Fort Wilderness November 2001 - Fort Wilderness November 2004 - Fort Wilderness November 2005 - Saratoga Springs December 2006 - Saratoga Springs February 2007 - All Star Sports August 2007 - Boardwalk Villas November 2007 - Saratoga Springs February 2008 - Villas at the Wilderness Lodge August 2008 - Old Key West
December 2008 - Saratoga Springs February 2009 - Beach Club Villas September 2009 (50th birthday trip) - Bay Lake Tower January 2010 - Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) May 2010 - Old Key West September 2010 - Bay Lake Tower May 2011 - Beach Club Villas October 2011 - Saratoga Springs January 2012 - Old Key West May 2012 - Old Key West October 2012 - Old Key West January 2013 - Family gathering at Old Key West; May 2013 - Wilderness Lodge Villas; November 2013 - AKL Jambo House; February 2014 - Saratoga Springs
PatsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #3
Carnator
Mouseketeer

According to what time your ADR is at Tony's there is a possibility that you can request an outside table to eat and be able to watch the parade in a less crowded area. It has been a few years since we did this but it was kinda exciting and different. I don't know if they still allow this but maybe worth checking into.. Have a Great trip!!

ps..or maybe change ADR time to watch afternoon or evening parade.

me -- DS -- DD --
Carnator is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: